Question What are some of the best Class-themed combat "mechanics" you saw in other games...

...that you want introduced to WoW OR are/were already in WoW and you want back

----

Give me some combat stuff that you feel are extremely original and extremely Class-themed.
    Abilities or mechanics that make you feel you are truly your class when you press that damn BUTTON!

----

My examples:

Rogue:

1) Summon 3 other NPC rogues/outlaws to gang up on your enemy (Guild Wars 2: "Thiefs Guild" skill)

Extremely in theme with the scoundrel, dishonest or unscrupulous fantasy, gang up for advantage in combat.
    It could also have extra PvP functionality by making all the NPC's dressed/transmog the same as you AND make enemy lose your target (on skill activation)
    Insane levels of roleplay and real-life sense of "WTF" emotions when used in PvP
    My dream spell to be introcuded to WoW.

2) Wrath of the Lichking "Tricks of the Trade"

Flat % damage increase to me and someone else...was extremely powerful...give it back

Monk:

1) Grabs like Judo or something more violent but with actual animations (Blade & Soul)

Grab your opponent like Demon Hunter's "Illidan's Grasp", throw them around or sit on top of them and punch the lights out of your enemy (with actual animations)

----

I would like to see some awesome ideas from other class mains!
    My vibe since young was always Rogue or bare fist Martial Artist in RPG's And im out of ideas

5+ Year Old Account
    Mage

"Prism" school of magic (from the old Eye of the Beholder RPGs)
    • Level 1 - Lesser Invisibility: you become invisible, forcing enemies to stop attacking you. You can still be hit by ranged attacks made before casting, and can be revealed by detection skills or AoE spells.
    • Level 2 - Hologram: akin to Mirror Images. Copies of you appear at both sides and behind your target and mimic your spells, but do no damage, forcing enemies to lose their focus on you. Doubles as a teleport skill with advanced enough Sorcery levels, since it allows you to swap positions with any of the copies.
    • Level 3 - Sunray: an extremely powerful channeled skill. Very similar to PoE's Scorching Ray, but gets increasing resistance to interrupts with high Sorcery levels. Divining skill allows you to move while channeling.
    • Level 4 - Greater Invisibility: same as its Lesser counterpart, but you become immune to AoE and any missiles/spells directed at you. Cannot be detected with conventional skills, but only by players/NPCs with a high enough Deception skill.
    • Level 5 - Trinity (requires max rank in Sorcery, a special reagent and a ginormous amount of mana): unleashes a huge wave of energy, dealing massive damage to any enemies caught within the blast, pushing them back. Ignores any form of magic shields or resistances, and it's also one of the few attacks/spells in the game that can destroy structures. 6 seconds cast, can be reduced somewhat via Divining skill and dedicated gear.

All in all, some very mage-y stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

@Soon-TM

For some reason i imagine your Mage-theme to wield both magic and a possibly a blade or hidden-blade too.
    Love it Totally possible to implement in WoW.
    Kinda makes me want to login and play Demon Hunter with this talent i NEVER saw anyone play

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    @Soon-TM

For some reason i imagine your Mage-theme to wield both magic and a possibly a blade or hidden-blade too.
    Love it Totally possible to implement in WoW.
    Kinda makes me want to login and play Demon Hunter with this talent i NEVER saw anyone play
    In the third installment of the series, there is a spell quite fit for Death Knights. The thing is, the game doesn't really make a difference between Necromancer and its version of DK, but rather it depends on how you allocate your skill points as well as your choice of gear, somewhat like PoE.

Mist of Doom

• Level 1 - Lesser Apparition - Casts a wraith-looking projectile that does cold damage and slows a single enemy's attack speed. Occultism skill reduces cooldown and increases slow %, so it becomes relatively spammable quite early.
    • Level 2 - Greater Apparition - A larger version of its Lesser twin that deals AoE damage to all opponents in front of you, with additional cold damage. Higher cooldown than Lesser Apparition, can be reduced via both Occultism and certain Might skills.
    • Level 3 - Ghost - Summons an incorporeal wraith that deals AoE damage to all opponents in front of you and has a PBAoE skill that has a chance to freeze or fear any enemy caught within it. Might skill gives it noticeably greater melee range than Greater Apparition, whereas Occultism skill gives the Ghost a proper ranged attack and increases the damage of its AoE. Furthermore, the more Willpower you have compared to your opponent, the higher the chance for the Ghost to fear its target.
    • Level 4 - Spectral Phantoms - Summons several undead creatures to attack your enemies, dealing physical and Death damage (Death damage is unhealable for 10 seconds). Might skill increases the physical damage dealt by Phantoms, whereas Occultism increases the Death part. High mana cost.
    • Level 5 - Lich (requires max level in either Might or Occultism and >50 skill points on the other, a special reagent and either nighttime or an indoors location) - You become an incarnation of Death itself, dealing devastating cold damage in addition to your normal strikes or spells, with several random undead creatures being summoned to help you and becoming immune to poison, cold and Death damage, but you lose a noticeable chunk of HP per second. Lasts 10 seconds or until you are below 10% HP, whichever comes first.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2024-03-04 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Formatting

Reaper from FF XIV but with less buttons. I think it would be nice as a 3rd DH spec Build up a resource, go meta, then charge in and go crazy slashing and blasting the target for a few secs

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    Reaper from FF XIV but with less buttons. I think it would be nice as a 3rd DH spec Build up a resource, go meta, then charge in and go crazy slashing and blasting the target for a few secs
    Tbh it would be quite interesting if DH 3rd spec was something like "half-melee", i.e. a spec that weaves melee and short range attacks.

Handseals from Naruto games/runeslayer runes from Granblue Fantasy where you press different buttons to combo different magic spells together into an ability to use and you have to memorize the combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    I wish Meta was like this. I feel timed cooldowns are kinda boring, but having a bar to fill that you can "ult" at cap, and playing better fills your bar faster... that would be more interesting to me.