Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Elemental Lord sam86's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    8,866
    why was it removed seriously, did anyone complain from it? did blizz just remove it because it was universally beloved?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    why was it removed seriously, did anyone complain from it? did blizz just remove it because it was universally beloved?
    Most likely because it was another way to control where the players went / did things so that they spend time on newer content, not older. That and the WoW team didn't like how it pushed people into a lobby simulator using the RDF tool. Which is fair, they want players to play in the world and do the new content - not sit in Stormwind while waiting in queue, repeatedly.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    I literally never said it would be limited, jfc learn to read.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I think they should allow us to get the rep any way we like and make them important again. idk about most people but when I first started playing and hit 70 there was nothing I wanted more than to get my thrallmar rep up to get the cool mail shoulders. and doing content I like makes that a fun experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    why was it removed seriously, did anyone complain from it? did blizz just remove it because it was universally beloved?
    Because its stupid? And about 18years old concept?

    Getting exalted just because you are doing Mythic+? Making every other activity reduntant(WQs?) and litteraly killing the evolution of open world content? How about people who don't want to do dungeons?

    Have you ever applied for a job? You know when they specifically ask for an analytical person? Yeah - not everybody is.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2024-04-06 at 06:35 PM.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Because its stupid? And about 18years old concept?

    Getting exalted just because you are doing Mythic+? Making every other activity reduntant(WQs?) and litteraly killing the evolution of open world content? How about people who don't want to do dungeons?

    Have you ever applied for a job? You know when they specifically ask for an analytical person? Yeah - not everybody is.
    Giving players more options to play your game and progress (at varying degrees of speed) is almost always a positive. No clue what gave you the impression that you can't have both of those things.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Giving players more options to play your game and progress (at varying degrees of speed) is almost always a positive. No clue what gave you the impression that you can't have both of those things.
    It's positive. I really like the way Plunderstorm works. It would just need to apply for many other activities in WoW.

    But putting a tabard on is going 18years back in time.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Giving players more options to play your game and progress (at varying degrees of speed) is almost always a positive. No clue what gave you the impression that you can't have both of those things.
    that's wow players they always think any given suggestion is mutually exclusive with what they like.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    why was it removed seriously, did anyone complain from it? did blizz just remove it because it was universally beloved?
    Yes, it was removed because people complained about reps being
    "Get tabard, then spam the easiest dungeon for 3 hours, then the rep is done."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Giving players more options to play your game and progress (at varying degrees of speed) is almost always a positive. No clue what gave you the impression that you can't have both of those things.
    Except it did not give players "motre options"
    Because it was the ONLY option.

    if you can do the same easy as fuck dungeon for 3 hours and get exalted, or spend a month doing dailies, which one do you think players are guna "choose"
    there was no choice.

  8. #68
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    19,237
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, it was removed because people complained about reps being
    "Get tabard, then spam the easiest dungeon for 3 hours, then the rep is done."

    - - - Updated - - -



    Except it did not give players "motre options"
    Because it was the ONLY option.

    if you can do the same easy as fuck dungeon for 3 hours and get exalted, or spend a month doing dailies, which one do you think players are guna "choose"
    there was no choice.
    Yea i really think this is the dumbest logic. The response to this illusion of choice is to simple cut the choice out completely as if this actually resulted in more choice.

    The reality is it had nothing to do with player feedback. The developers are simple heavy handed oafs who insist on pushing their "vision" on people regardless. That way whatever bullshit metrics they use to measure success pan out and they can pat themselves on the back.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, it was removed because people complained about reps being
    "Get tabard, then spam the easiest dungeon for 3 hours, then the rep is done."

    - - - Updated - - -



    Except it did not give players "motre options"
    Because it was the ONLY option.

    if you can do the same easy as fuck dungeon for 3 hours and get exalted, or spend a month doing dailies, which one do you think players are guna "choose"
    there was no choice.
    I’m not even referring to how WotLK did it in detail, I am just mentioning how having options is a good thing. Yes, when you make it too lopsided people will do that instead. But if you tie the rewards to say, dungeon completion and put it on par with maybe 1-2 dailies (or ‘x’ amount of world quests) then it’s more comparable and a way to keep progressing without feeling the need to go any which way you don’t like. Obviously this can get too out of hand and people want even know what they want without a properly guided carrot on a stick

  10. #70
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,868
    I don't mind how the rep system works now, since I can mostly completely ignore it. As it was before too, really, unless certain enchants were locked behind it (head, shoulder, etc).
    Hi

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I’m not even referring to how WotLK did it in detail, I am just mentioning how having options is a good thing. Yes, when you make it too lopsided people will do that instead. But if you tie the rewards to say, dungeon completion and put it on par with maybe 1-2 dailies (or ‘x’ amount of world quests) then it’s more comparable and a way to keep progressing without feeling the need to go any which way you don’t like. Obviously this can get too out of hand and people want even know what they want without a properly guided carrot on a stick
    Those options are in retail. You can literally do dungeons for reputation right now in dragonflight, as you can do pretty much EVERYTHING and get rep, and if you wish you can wait on dailies/weeklies, or HARD farm to grind out a rep as fast as you want. it is how people got max renown week 1 of dragonflight.
    it does not work the same way of "equip a tabard, kill mobs in dungeons" but instead its "do dungeons, and complete weekly/daily quests, and then get rep from those."

    we basically have what you are asking for, right now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Yea i really think this is the dumbest logic. The response to this illusion of choice is to simple cut the choice out completely as if this actually resulted in more choice.

    The reality is it had nothing to do with player feedback. The developers are simple heavy handed oafs who insist on pushing their "vision" on people regardless. That way whatever bullshit metrics they use to measure success pan out and they can pat themselves on the back.
    But they literally have countless options for rep right now

    go do world quests
    do dailies
    do weekly
    farm keys in obsidian citidal
    farm fishing
    farm ice fishing
    farm rares and treasures
    there is countless ways to get almost all of the reps in dragonflight, only the 2 recent patch reps have had somewhat limitations through reduces ways to hard farm them.

  12. #72
    Tbh, not a fan of it. Reputation is your Outdoor/Open World progress, in DF you don't really get anything from rep you would need. It's similar to demanding Mythic raid level drops from worldquests: If you want the rewards, you do the content.

  13. #73
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    19,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Tbh, not a fan of it. Reputation is your Outdoor/Open World progress, in DF you don't really get anything from rep you would need. It's similar to demanding Mythic raid level drops from worldquests: If you want the rewards, you do the content.
    Completely arbitrary. Reward engineering is completely at the discretion of the developers. If they decided to put mythic raid gear as a reward for fishing then you could call it fishing gear and the statement "if you want the rewards, you do the content" would still apply.

    Like this is so rich. When butt hurt raid loggimg cry babies were whining about forced content how come that same logic didnt apply? Want legandaries from torghast? too fucking bad do torghast.... nooo of course not because butt hurt raid fuckers didnt want to participate in anything else. Well i dont see why they should be priveleged.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2024-04-08 at 03:25 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  14. #74
    How about remove the rep system entirely? It barley makes any sense to begin with like ... you save the entire existence of a group and the world and they're like "Yeah, I don't know if I can trust you if you don't bring us 3200 more chicken feathers"

  15. #75
    I wouldn't mind if they brought back dungeon rep in whatever fashion they choose; specific rep per dungeons, choose-your-own-rep via tabards, whatever. The rewards are mostly cosmetic, with a few pieces of gear that will become outdated after one patch. It'll also make it easier for people who want to chase rep caches after max renown too. Will also be a way for M+ runners to get rep while doing what they like too.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    It'll also make it easier for people who want to chase rep caches after max renown too. Will also be a way for M+ runners to get rep while doing what they like too.
    Blizzard would nerf other sources of rep such that it would all stay roughly the same. Since rep caches award gold, they math it all out to keep player incomes (from such sources) at predetermined levels

  17. #77
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    19,516
    I have no horse in this race as I don't play Retail. But I was fond of the system when it existed. I liked having the tabards for each major city and significant faction.

    If the rep was added back to dungeons, there would need to be a couple equally as efficient methods to build the same reps. So long as it isn't the one and only way, then that is ok I think.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I don't mind how the rep system works now, since I can mostly completely ignore it. As it was before too, really, unless certain enchants were locked behind it (head, shoulder, etc).
    I prefer that reps were actually useful personally. Not to say that I dislike the current setup... I just think the options to complete the reps are boring as fuck, I wanna play my own way. I have always hated world quests. I prefer isle of queldanas style dailies where there are 10 - 15 dailies on one island, you do them, make a few gold and move on with life...

    It would be really nice if wow still had options like that but sadly now it's all world quests, all spread out across multiple zones all with literally fuck all rewards associated with them... Frankly they feel really hollow for me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Those options are in retail. You can literally do dungeons for reputation right now in dragonflight, as you can do pretty much EVERYTHING and get rep, and if you wish you can wait on dailies/weeklies, or HARD farm to grind out a rep as fast as you want. it is how people got max renown week 1 of dragonflight.
    it does not work the same way of "equip a tabard, kill mobs in dungeons" but instead its "do dungeons, and complete weekly/daily quests, and then get rep from those."

    we basically have what you are asking for, right now.
    This is just flat out wrong lol. The mental gymnastics you had to do to reach this conclusion is insane.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I have no horse in this race as I don't play Retail. But I was fond of the system when it existed. I liked having the tabards for each major city and significant faction.

    If the rep was added back to dungeons, there would need to be a couple equally as efficient methods to build the same reps. So long as it isn't the one and only way, then that is ok I think.
    Personally speaking idk why people enjoyed the tabard system so much. I make the assumption it was because dungeon spam was the best way to get rep so they could just do easy content and smash it out. I was a much bigger fan of how it was done in TBC personally. I thought the tabard thing was quite immersion breaking.. Like why am I getting accord rep for doing halls of lightning? They had no dog in that fight why do they care... you know? Anyways I would prefer the old way like TBC but I doubt I would be strictly against tabards if they went that direction.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •