Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Except they've been continually working on and improving the visual clarity and sound indicators for abilities to ensure you DON'T need addons to kill bosses.
    Next they should do what FFXIV does and have consistent raid mechanics and markers being taught outside of the more punishing difficulties / game modes. That'd be a next nice step tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Hey man, let your freak flag fly. I'm not judging... I just hope you understand how vanishingly few people share your opinion.
    I think people like the ideas WoW tries out but not so much the execution. And because of that we keep getting WoW designers who think their ideas 'failed' when they just weren't done well or able to cook long enough. I think the Maw is a nice mechanic and actually rather endearing of a mechanic that you can push further and further as time goes on: More challenge for more rewards. But sadly it being on a daily reset and the improvements to it being painfully slow at the time disinterested a lot of players.

    Plus y'know, helping other players wasn't really encouraged outside of being nice or convenient lol.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2024-04-07 at 02:31 AM.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I think people like the ideas WoW tries out but not so much the execution. And because of that we keep getting WoW designers who think their ideas 'failed' when they just weren't done well or able to cook long enough. I think the Maw is a nice mechanic and actually rather endearing of a mechanic that you can push further and further as time goes on: More challenge for more rewards. But sadly it being on a daily reset and the improvements to it being painfully slow at the time disinterested a lot of players.

    Plus y'know, helping other players wasn't really encouraged outside of being nice or convenient lol.
    Problem is: devs' goals and players' goals - are two completely different things. Devs' goal - is to keep shareholders happy. Content can be s**t, but if it keeps players subbed - then it's great from their POV. They don't think about long term health of their game though. Players can swallow borrowed powers once, may be twice, but then they say enough and quit. And it no longer matters, how such system can string players along, if they just don't play game any longer. No matter what X is, 0 * X = 0.

    I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Problem is: devs' goals and players' goals - are two completely different things. Devs' goal - is to keep shareholders happy. Content can be s**t, but if it keeps players subbed - then it's great from their POV. They don't think about long term health of their game though. Players can swallow borrowed powers once, may be twice, but then they say enough and quit. And it no longer matters, how such system can string players along, if they just don't play game any longer. No matter what X is, 0 * X = 0.
    That isn't a problem because this is 100% made-up imaginary bullshit that people on forums say to each other to feel better about the game moving in a direction they didn't approve.

    Believe it or not, but -- unlike you -- most players are smart enough to know when a game isn't for them. They don't post on forums for two years about the end game content for the previous expansion because they don't feel like buying the new one. And developers, shockingly, care quite a bit about what players think about the game because if they didn't, there'd be no players. In that situation, nobody's happy and the game goes bye-bye.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    That isn't a problem because this is 100% made-up imaginary bullshit that people on forums say to each other to feel better about the game moving in a direction they didn't approve.

    Believe it or not, but -- unlike you -- most players are smart enough to know when a game isn't for them. They don't post on forums for two years about the end game content for the previous expansion because they don't feel like buying the new one. And developers, shockingly, care quite a bit about what players think about the game because if they didn't, there'd be no players. In that situation, nobody's happy and the game goes bye-bye.
    I'm still on the conspiracy theory he's actually a top 100 raider who roleplays as the worst casual player he can think of on MMO Champion to feel something
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Problem is: devs' goals and players' goals - are two completely different things. Devs' goal - is to keep shareholders happy. Content can be s**t, but if it keeps players subbed - then it's great from their POV. They don't think about long term health of their game though. Players can swallow borrowed powers once, may be twice, but then they say enough and quit. And it no longer matters, how such system can string players along, if they just don't play game any longer. No matter what X is, 0 * X = 0.
    I do think you’re correct that one of their goals is to have people play your game and enjoy it. This is the entire point behind video games - entertainment. There are healthy and unhealthy ways of keeping people subscribed and around but that isn’t a conspiracy theory or anything new. The reason you may think they don’t care or don’t do things right is because they just have stubborn developers. The game director even said they don’t listen enough and that the design goals they hold dear are decades old and not for everyone. So they’ve been opening up and changing things for more players that aren’t like the devs. It’s pretty obvious for a little while they were trying to funnel everyone into M+ and Flex+ but it just didn’t work.

    There are multiple people in this game that do different things which is awesome and cool. I’m glad the devs got backlash for their poor decisions and direction from BfA and Shadowlands. Unfortunately I think they rarely look back at old systems and implement what worked instead of nuking it from existence.

    IE: Corruption is a great system but was too RNG heavy to control. Runes in SoD are essentially the better version of this system but it wasn’t done in retail… But by a few devs developing SoD lol. These used to be glyphs back in WotLK as well — it’s sad they removed these playstyle altering systems.

    There are a laundry list of things they did right but don’t bring back in an improved permanent form. Maybe one day — I love that WoW is embracing customization depth again. I want the devs to keep going down this path, it’s literally the only MMO left with this kind of variance lol. For all its faults WoW has options.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Dont fall for the troll.

    Completely off topic, 37000 posts in 14 years is wild. Thats like 7 posts a day, everyday for 5000+ days. Assuming each one took like 10 seconds on average to write, you've spent over 6000 hours of your life talking on a WoW forum. Im not sure if that's impressive or concerning.
    who has that? geez

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    He doesn't play DF, his whole agenda is that he plays one expansion behind everyone and bitches and moans about how it is empty, and not being updated for him
    very odd thing to do, idk he maybe thinking he is standing out by not buying current expansion
    not sure that he knows that almost everyone here who recognize him view him as a weirdo

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    who has that? geez

    - - - Updated - - -



    very odd thing to do, idk he maybe thinking he is standing out by not buying current expansion
    not sure that he knows that almost everyone here who recognize him view him as a weirdo
    Maybe there is region pricing or something for his subscription cost and it’s infinitely cheaper than a brand new game? No clue why he does it.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    1) Stop trying to remove flying, remove jump puzzles instead
    2) Remove aggro/combat
    3) Decrease density of mobs
    4) Remove rares/elites/overtuned mobs
    5) Stop trying to force PVP/pseudo-PVP/competing with other players
    6) Add bad luck protection
    7) Return interesting quest lines instead of boring side-quests and WQs
    8) Implement smooth character progression route - no brick walls
    9) Remove time-gating and therefore FOMO
    coming back to this shithole atfer 2 years and the frist thing i read is this xD, holy did i miss this place better than the chappelles show

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    There's a mmo that just launched on Steam called Palia. It does exactly what you want. There's ZERO Combat in it. Maybe you should start playing that and finally leave wow and this forum (where all your posts are delusional) behind.
    they just layed off all thier staff cuz noone is playing this dogshit Game
    I.O BFA Season 3


  9. #149
    The Undying Lochton's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    37,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude, I can't believe I found him! It's the one, single player who enjoyed The Maw.
    I liked the Maw! Then again, I'm a Worgen player, so no mount issues.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I do think you’re correct that one of their goals is to have people play your game and enjoy it. This is the entire point behind video games - entertainment. There are healthy and unhealthy ways of keeping people subscribed and around but that isn’t a conspiracy theory or anything new. The reason you may think they don’t care or don’t do things right is because they just have stubborn developers. The game director even said they don’t listen enough and that the design goals they hold dear are decades old and not for everyone. So they’ve been opening up and changing things for more players that aren’t like the devs. It’s pretty obvious for a little while they were trying to funnel everyone into M+ and Flex+ but it just didn’t work.

    There are multiple people in this game that do different things which is awesome and cool. I’m glad the devs got backlash for their poor decisions and direction from BfA and Shadowlands. Unfortunately I think they rarely look back at old systems and implement what worked instead of nuking it from existence.

    IE: Corruption is a great system but was too RNG heavy to control. Runes in SoD are essentially the better version of this system but it wasn’t done in retail… But by a few devs developing SoD lol. These used to be glyphs back in WotLK as well — it’s sad they removed these playstyle altering systems.

    There are a laundry list of things they did right but don’t bring back in an improved permanent form. Maybe one day — I love that WoW is embracing customization depth again. I want the devs to keep going down this path, it’s literally the only MMO left with this kind of variance lol. For all its faults WoW has options.
    I just try to say, that reasons why systems "fail" are different for players and for devs. For example borrowed powers. For players they failed because they were making game alt/offspec-unfriendly. And for devs they failed, cuz they hadn't become that cheap infinite grind, devs wanted so much, because at the end what they want - is to have our sub fee for zero development effort.

    I wouldn't rely on devs saying, that they listen to feedback. They've said it many times already. But they always do things THEIR way anyway. Plunderstorm for example. Yeah, new game mode, that isn't Wow related, so they show, that they're not limited by MMO genre and free to implement anything. But. It's BR, i.e. greedy online PVP mode anyway. Not something we really want.

    I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

  11. #151
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    How many of these currencies are relevant atm?
    Most of them if you are still farming stuff for collectibles. If you are just doing current gearing less than half.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post


    they just layed off all thier staff cuz noone is playing this dogshit Game
    Not really how it works but ok.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I just try to say, that reasons why systems "fail" are different for players and for devs. For example borrowed powers. For players they failed because they were making game alt/offspec-unfriendly. And for devs they failed, cuz they hadn't become that cheap infinite grind, devs wanted so much, because at the end what they want - is to have our sub fee for zero development effort.

    I wouldn't rely on devs saying, that they listen to feedback. They've said it many times already. But they always do things THEIR way anyway. Plunderstorm for example. Yeah, new game mode, that isn't Wow related, so they show, that they're not limited by MMO genre and free to implement anything. But. It's BR, i.e. greedy online PVP mode anyway. Not something we really want.
    JFC man. The entitlement of this post is off the charts. This is a pitch perfect example of a royal we. You're talking about yourself and yourself alone. Sorry the billion dollar game franchise didn't check with you, random internet forum poster 435-7D, before developing the game.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2024-04-08 at 10:38 AM.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I just try to say, that reasons why systems "fail" are different for players and for devs. For example borrowed powers. For players they failed because they were making game alt/offspec-unfriendly. And for devs they failed, cuz they hadn't become that cheap infinite grind, devs wanted so much, because at the end what they want - is to have our sub fee for zero development effort.

    I wouldn't rely on devs saying, that they listen to feedback. They've said it many times already. But they always do things THEIR way anyway. Plunderstorm for example. Yeah, new game mode, that isn't Wow related, so they show, that they're not limited by MMO genre and free to implement anything. But. It's BR, i.e. greedy online PVP mode anyway. Not something we really want.
    I don’t want to sound mean but the developers genuinely do read and take feedback. The problem they’ve had was their leads and game director were strongarming things in a way that players weren’t very happy with. Often never appeasing anyone or failing in multiple ways because of it. The fact they went out of their way to say their old way of developing WoW isn’t what modern players want despite many being vets or at least 3-4 expansions deep says volumes.

    Money or revenue is very important for a business, obviously. WoW is a live service game so they want you to keep coming back to pay for it. Borrowed power isn’t a failure but it’s not a fun way of doing that. Especially since borrowed powers were apart of the base game, not some extra game mode like say Torghast. It’s pretty clear to me they upped the cosmetic angle with more shit to buy / work towards monthly as a way to get people to stick around. It works way better than unhealthy grinds pushed onto players as a means to keep them subbed.

    Personally I’ll take trading post and cash shop premium currency / cosmetic bundles over borrowed powers. Also Plunderstorm probably took 1-3 months with a handful of devs doing this as a side project. Aka it didn’t really affect the normal game. You may not have wanted it but the devs are wanting to try new things out without messing up the retail experience. Nothing wrong with that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •