Thread: Melee Healer

Melee Healer

So Paladin's are supposed to be melee healers, but I think Holy is in a weird place, not to mention the fact that my healing and DPS is the lowest of all healing spec's. So what gives, if I'm a melee healer shouldn't my DPS be the highest of all healers. If Blizzard is to lean into class fantasy and make me a melee healer shouldn't I just do DPS and my damage output also heal, I think that sounds cool and fun but hard for Blizzard to develop. I miss the days of ICC where I just stood back and only Tank healed, I'm lazy like that. What do y'all think about melee healer for Holy Paladin's?

I was a Hpally main back in MoP and was never a fan of the Melee hpally rework. I thought Hpally was going to be similar to Disc priests in that their damage would be converted into smart healing & Disc would focus on bubbles/shields but that was not the case.

Melee holy palas are boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Melee holy palas are boring.
    I beg to differ, as would any healer who has played any classic iteration of healing classes since 2004. Standing still and pressing a button every 2-3 seconds is boring.

It's interesting that you say "melee holy palas are boring" when the concept of a melee-based healer is, quite literally, being able to do more than just the bare minimum: pressing additional buttons in between healing buttons, that interact with each other, so you aren't bored.

The option for pure at-maximum-range-casting healers are there, and that is because they can engage in more than just pressing healing buttons. Just so happens paladins do this while standing next to the enemy.

Dont know if you are forced to do melee heal as a pally, i like playing Holy in WoD (mostly pvp in RBG) - then they forced you to go melee and i never touched Holy again.

In Shadowlands some people mocked me, because i said i dont play fistweaving, because its boring and no fun. Thank good pure mistweaving got buffed and being pretty good again.

Overall Healers shouldnt do dmg. I pick healer to heal and not throwing around some hots & raid cds and most of the time doing damage with a super boring rotaion or clunky playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I beg to differ, as would any healer who has played any classic iteration of healing classes since 2004. Standing still and pressing a button every 2-3 seconds is boring.

It's interesting that you say "melee holy palas are boring" when the concept of a melee-based healer is, quite literally, being able to do more than just the bare minimum: pressing additional buttons in between healing buttons, that interact with each other, so you aren't bored.

The option for pure at-maximum-range-casting healers are there, and that is because they can engage in more than just pressing healing buttons. Just so happens paladins do this while standing next to the enemy.
    Too make melee healing work you need alot of passive healing and you cant have cast of direct healing and the tactical thinking of who to heal and when. Its just a spam of melee dps rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too make melee healing work you need alot of passive healing and you cant have cast of direct healing and the tactical thinking of who to heal and when. Its just a spam of melee dps rotation.
    This is not true in the slightest when it comes to Holy Paladin.
    This read as somebody who does not heal in difficult situations like decently high M+ dungeons, let alone a melee healer like Holy Paladin or Mistweaver Monk.

I am running m8-m10 dungeons, and raid hcs, but I given up since this session is quite boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am running m8-m10 dungeons, and raid hcs, but I given up since this session is quite boring.
    I'm sorry your bored of playing Holy Paladin but everything you have described thus far does not accurately describe playing a Holy Paladin currently, and that's the last 3 expansions. Try a Holy Priest.