Poll: What If you are the boss?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Kill all combat addons that scrape the API and tune the fights to not need one. Classify that combat addons are against ToS. Reset all gold and AH. Announce that SL was a fever dream and never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The dye thing is easily solved as something that would only work in the xpac it’s introduced with, and future xpacs moving forward. The flip side is that Blizz would need to have 4 different armor appearances now, as everything up to mythic is the same design.
    I’d love for them to lift armor restrictions, as retroactively it would be awesome. Moving forward would end up being similar to what we had in BfA, and we’d just have universal armor. Raids wouldn’t drop cloth, leather, mail, and plate, and would instead just drop armor. That could also cause issues as they’d have to increase drops per boss,
    It wouldn't even be that hard tbh, just assign a base color to all items and let people choose whatever color they want. Like who the fuck cares about the colors of Normal and Mythic from fucking Cataclysm, it's trivial content anyway.
    As far as moving forward to a dynamic color system, they can just add more details and effects as difficulty increases, and of course have some special items that cannot be changed to a different color.
    But .. WoW's transmog system is one the worst and most archaic there is. Both the collection of items and the applying. Like wtf is up with not applying a transmog to the slot instead of the item? Or not adding transmogs to the collection that the current char cannot use? Or the not unlocking the easier difficulty version? Kinda get mad only thinking about it lol.

The one big ask I'd want is to make everything you earn, earned account-wide in the regular WoW game. Think of it as "The Completionist Ask"

Now you can easily(lol) collect everything in the game, on any character you play with.

REPUTATION: My Paladin gets exalted with Ironforge? All my dudes are now exalted with Ironforce. Even the level 1 I just made. Now that I am no longer tied to playing my oldest character (the one with all the reps,) I can earn this expansion's reputations on my mage, and maybe the next expansion, i'll do one patch on my warlock and the rest on my warrior.

PROFESSIONS: Your blacksmithing recipe book? Works for all your characters across retail WoW. Same with all the other professions.

BONUS: Anything you earn in any of the Classic versions (including SoD,) you also earn in the Retail version. (This does NOT work in the other direction.)

So, if you missed out on Ringing the Gong back in Vanilla, you can look for an SoD or a Classic experience that hasn't had its Gong Moment, and earn it there. Want to do the old Naxx for recipes? Go earn them in Classic and they'll appear in your 18-year-old paladin's blacksmithing recipe book in Retail.

This way, we give players three (or more!) bites at each FOMO apple. Once in Retail when the content is current, again in Retail when the raid is soloable, and in Classic when the raid is current again (and maybe again and again, seasonally in rotation or periodically with new server/SoD releases.)

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    It wouldn't even be that hard tbh, just assign a base color to all items and let people choose whatever color they want. Like who the fuck cares about the colors of Normal and Mythic from fucking Cataclysm, it's trivial content anyway.
    As far as moving forward to a dynamic color system, they can just add more details and effects as difficulty increases, and of course have some special items that cannot be changed to a different color.
    But .. WoW's transmog system is one the worst and most archaic there is. Both the collection of items and the applying. Like wtf is up with not applying a transmog to the slot instead of the item? Or not adding transmogs to the collection that the current char cannot use? Or the not unlocking the easier difficulty version? Kinda get mad only thinking about it lol.
    They’re adding collecting tmogs a character can’t use in TWW. So, if my Hunter clears an old raid, and plate drops, that item is then unlocked for all my plate wearers.
    The easier difficulty version makes sense, considering it’s a completely different color, which brings me back to the issue of the fact that LFR thru heroic all have the same appearance. Adding dyes means Blizz can become super lazy, or that they have to put more work in. Not sure which they’d choose, but I doubt it would be the more work option.
    As to your first part, I’d assume a lot of people. Especially if Blizz were to add an armor dye system. Mage has one of the best sets from Cata. Hunter CM set from MoP being able to be dyed would be amazing. Paladins TBC sets could be great with color options. There’s good sets from WoD, Legion, BfA, SL, all of which could have some good dye options.
    All that aside, I’m all for it. I’d love to be able to change armor colors. I also have some reservations about whether Blizz could do it correctly. I’ve seen D3 armor dyes, and they aren’t all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The dye thing is easily solved as something that would only work in the xpac it’s introduced with, and future xpacs moving forward. The flip side is that Blizz would need to have 4 different armor appearances now, as everything up to mythic is the same design.
    I’d love for them to lift armor restrictions, as retroactively it would be awesome. Moving forward would end up being similar to what we had in BfA, and we’d just have universal armor. Raids wouldn’t drop cloth, leather, mail, and plate, and would instead just drop armor. That could also cause issues as they’d have to increase drops per boss,
    Going forward, just have the artists cover the areas that can be color changed with some special layer that applies over a colorless version of the textures. They designate say 1 to 3 specific hex colors that the code then understands as armor areas 1, 2, and 3. You choose one or all of these options and pick from a dozen dye options or a color wheel. Done.

There would have to be a lot of testing with how abilities and procs animate over armor, but the execution is simple to imagine.

Devil's advocate on the dye conversation:

I think the main reason Blizzard hasn't implemented dye tech already is two-fold. One: The tech didn't exist when WoW was originally created and adding it now requires them to go back and rework a lot of assets. This isn't an impossible task but I'm willing to bet there are several layers of Spaghetti-O code they'd need to unravel to implement flawlessly. And two (and this is the more likely reason we don't already have it): Blizzard feels like the compulsion for players to collect different colored sets is, like, actually a good thing. It keeps players engaged with the game and the idea of running an old dungeon or raid for a transmog item which finishes a set results a (mostly) positive feeling for the player. (I do understand the frustration as well. It took me almost 100 EN runs to get the Xavius shoulders.)

I do hope one day they at least address the community's request for it as it's an easy dub but I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2024-04-08 at 06:09 PM.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Why is there no option for "All of these ideas are terrible and I'm glad you don't design video games?" If there's no limit on what you can do in a game, the game quickly becomes boring and obsolete. All the people who want to lift all the class restrictions and mog restrictions are just crazy, you want a video game that's fun for 5 minutes, not 20 years.

If they implemented the dye thing, I don't think you realize how much time it would take and waste - valuable time they could spend on developing a million better and more interesting ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    Going forward, just have the artists cover the areas that can be color changed with some special layer that applies over a colorless version of the textures. They designate say 1 to 3 specific hex colors that the code then understands as armor areas 1, 2, and 3. You choose one or all of these options and pick from a dozen dye options or a color wheel. Done.

There would have to be a lot of testing with how abilities and procs animate over armor, but the execution is simple to imagine.
    The problem is pretty much never that they don't know how to do it. They're a multi-billion dollar company. Pretty sure they can find someone who knows how to do the technical stuff. Doubly so because they already have other games with exactly that function.

The problem is almost always that it's too much work to add, read: too expensive. WoW is a patchwork of 20 years of pasta. It's an ancient engine older than some of its players. There's just too much shit to simply patch in something like armor dyes - not because it can't be done or they don't know how to do it, but simply because as a business they need to ask one question above all else, and that's "how much money is this going to cost vs. how much money is this going to make". And that's where a lot of solutions the community thinks are "simple" simply don't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    "what the most played class in wow?
    Druid
    Druid is currently the most popular class, followed by Paladin and then Hunter. Least popular are Rogue, Monk and Warlock. 7 de fev. de 2024"

/\
    Google.

"What is the most popular race in WoW?
    Human."

/\
    Google again.

"What is the most popular horde race in WoW?
    Blood Elf
    Approximately 32.9 percent of all Horde characters in U.S. realms were Blood Elf."

/\
    Also Google.
    Fuck... How this community has fallen. Korean chicks the most popular Horde race? "Blizzard, made for weebs, by weebs."

I think it's funny that we are playing the same game, yet somehow we don't.

None of those things really interest me. I'd be much more focussed on constantly balancing for end game specs, or having faster seasons (like in Legion, where there were two seasons per raid tier).

Quote Originally Posted by Huggykaze2 View Post
    Fuck... How this community has fallen. Korean chicks the most popular Horde race? "Blizzard, made for weebs, by weebs."
    Think that's been the case since TBC.

It wouldn't even be that hard tbh, just assign a base color to all items and let people choose whatever color they want.
    If they do that, they would need to repass on all the armors each time they add a new dye.
    MMO Champs :

If I were suddenly the end all can do whatever the fuck i can boss of wow I would go take the worst ideas on this site and implement the fuck out of them for the lulz

Then I would change mob respawn behavior to act like the frog catching mini game from ff9 and not tell anyone
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonn View Post
    Why is there no option for "All of these ideas are terrible and I'm glad you don't design video games?" If there's no limit on what you can do in a game, the game quickly becomes boring and obsolete. All the people who want to lift all the class restrictions and mog restrictions are just crazy, you want a video game that's fun for 5 minutes, not 20 years.

If they implemented the dye thing, I don't think you realize how much time it would take and waste - valuable time they could spend on developing a million better and more interesting ideas.
    Amazing how you love and respect Blizzard's time and resources more than your own lol. How is running a dungeon/raid where you don't do absolutely anything more than walk for 5-10 minutes and watch 5 minutes of shit RP that you can't skip any fun that you are fond of running it for each armor type? And that to get gear that you already got on previous runs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    If they do that, they would need to repass on all the armors each time they add a new dye.
    Why exactly? You just add the framework to support any color and just add the colors. If it look stupid, it looks stupid.
    Last edited by kranur; 2024-04-08 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would announce that WoW and Chronicles are no longer canon. New canon will be available for free on Blizzard website.

Why exactly? You just add the framework to support any color and just add the colors. If it look stupid, it looks stupid.
    "Just download more RAM."

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    "Just download more RAM."
    Guild Wars 2 is a 12y old game...come on...cant be that hard
    For new armors i mean.

RIP for old transmogs.
    (kinda curious now to know how many different mogs wow has currently)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Thanks View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is a 12y old game...come on...cant be that hard
    For new armors i mean.

RIP for old transmogs.
    (kinda curious now to know how many different mogs wow has currently)
    Comparisons to contemporaries is kinda pointless since we have zero frame of reference for how "easy" something like this actually is to implement. My intuition tells me that if it were really that easy that Blizzard would have already done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    My intuition tells me that if it were really that easy that Blizzard would have already done it.
    lol. My intuition says that your intuition is at least mistaken. Blizz doesn't make choices based on whether it's easy or difficult, but rather based on THE DIRECTION in which it wants everything to happen and work. Ion Hazzikostas and his devs don't want you to have fun the way you want to have fun.
    Yes, he wants to see you having fun BUT... having fun with what he and his devs think is the best way (their way) for you to have fun. Did you understand?

Any of the 6 alternatives I have (except the seventh last, of course) blow up the servers like a super DDOS attack.

Dye System and xmog without class restrictions is all that most people want because (as someone said on the other page)...
    "Xmogs (appearance) is the true End Game".

All other MMORPGs know this... Ion and his gang don't.

EDIT: Oh of course we have flowers-xmogs and Elton John Glasses from all flavors but... You know... it is not to me or the majority of players.
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2024-04-08 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    lol. My intuition says that your intuition is at least mistaken. Blizz doesn't make choices based on whether it's easy or difficult, but rather based on THE DIRECTION in which it wants everything to happen and work. Ion Hazzikostas and his devs don't want you to have fun the way you want to have fun.
    Yes, he wants to see you having fun BUT... having fun with what he and his devs think is the best way (their way) for you to have fun. Did you understand?

Any of the 6 alternatives I have (except the seventh last, of course) blow up the servers like a super DDOS attack.

Dye System and xmog without class restrictions is all that most people want because (as someone said on the other page)...
    "Xmogs (appearance) is the true End Game".

All other MMORPGs know this... Ion and his gang don't.

EDIT: Oh of course we have flowers-xmogs and Elton John Glasses from all flavors but... You know... it is not to me or the majority of players.
    You'll have to forgive me for not taking much stock in the intuition of a guy who made three separate threads buttmad about Hero talents not allowing him to live out his power fantasy of going quadruple Ultra Instinct Super Saiyan, inadvertently impregnating every half naked Night Elf /dancing at Goldshire Inn with mind bullets while simultaneously doing 600 gorbillion DPS in all situations because, like, they used the word "hero" d00d.