Poll: What If you are the boss?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Missing the housing option.

7+ Year Old Account
    pandaren druids

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    his power fantasy of going quadruple Ultra Instinct Super Saiyan, inadvertently impregnating every half naked Night Elf /dancing at Goldshire Inn
    Bold of you to assume that he would stop at the half-naked ones. Also you're not aware of the meta : draenei are the real stuff in Goldshire.
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I think it's funny that we are playing the same game, yet somehow we don't.

None of those things really interest me. I'd be much more focussed on constantly balancing for end game specs, or having faster seasons (like in Legion, where there were two seasons per raid tier).
    Not sure how the faster seasons could work out, but more regular balancing would be nice. Sometimes they have been pretty responsive, but this tier it definitely felt like everyone was shifted to TWW. Some of the dungeon changes took forever. And statistically, the raid hasn't been nerfed nearly enough either
    “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” -Eric Hoffer

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You'll have to forgive me for not taking much stock in the intuition of a guy who made three separate threads buttmad about Hero talents not allowing him to live out his power fantasy of going quadruple Ultra Instinct Super Saiyan, inadvertently impregnating every half naked Night Elf /dancing at Goldshire Inn with mind bullets while simultaneously doing 600 gorbillion DPS in all situations because, like, they used the word "hero" d00d.
    1- I've already done much more than just three threads about Hero Class.
    2- I said "impregnating every half naked UNDEAD /dancing at Goldshire" (Not Night Elf).
    3- Whatahell is a "gorbillion"?

p.s: If they said Hero and I bought Hero... now I wanna a Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    1- I've already done much more than just three threads about Hero Class.
    2- I said "impregnating every half naked UNDEAD /dancing at Goldshire" (Not Night Elf).
    3- Whatahell is a "gorbillion"?

p.s: If they said Hero and I bought Hero... now I wanna a Hero.
    I post an obviously satirical exaggeration and your complaint is that it wasn't exaggerated enough.

Welp. I can't say I'm surprised or even disappointed. You are a man of the people and you want your bold-faced, font-size 72'd, Impact type-faced HERO CLASS.

P.S. Gorbillions are the national currency of planet Glorbo. We measure everything in gorbillions now. I just bought a WoW token for 3.2 gorbillion gold. I'm now doing 337 gorbillion DPS and successfully upgraded my M+ keystone to 23 gorbillion. Get with the times, man.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2024-04-09 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Not sure how the faster seasons could work out, but more regular balancing would be nice. Sometimes they have been pretty responsive, but this tier it definitely felt like everyone was shifted to TWW. Some of the dungeon changes took forever. And statistically, the raid hasn't been nerfed nearly enough either
    That's how it was during legion: A raid tier would start together with a season, having a max itemlevel of 100 for raid and m+. Then halfway during the raid tier there came a new season, and the itemlevel went up around a half to one tier, so the max level was ~110. That meant that the raid automatically got nerfed, and for m+ they just changed that the max gear was not awarded at m+10 but the max gear was at m+15. With the next raid, it was reduced to m+10 again at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    That's how it was during legion: A raid tier would start together with a season, having a max itemlevel of 100 for raid and m+. Then halfway during the raid tier there came a new season, and the itemlevel went up around a half to one tier, so the max level was ~110. That meant that the raid automatically got nerfed, and for m+ they just changed that the max gear was not awarded at m+10 but the max gear was at m+15. With the next raid, it was reduced to m+10 again at the start.
    Did they change the actual raid gear? I remember the m+ stuff but wasn't raiding at the time.
    “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” -Eric Hoffer

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Did they change the actual raid gear? I remember the m+ stuff but wasn't raiding at the time.
    Actually I thought so, but going through the patch notes I don't find it.
    Although it's generally a little confusing, as for example with the first .05 Patch Nighthold opened (that was considered a first tier raid), but it already offered a higher itemlevel then than Emerald nightmare. And even between those patches for the first .1 we got Karazhan. Generally looking through those patchnotes it's incredible how much content they brought, and that Nighthold was released over 7 years ago. But now I'm completely offtopic.

Retail:
    Dwarf Druid (Let me be a bear!)
    More Paladins, Druids and Shamans for other races.
    Professions from past expansions, relevant
    Consumables like food/potions to scale to max level (even from past expansions. Let me cook!)

SoD
    Transmog (I want to collect sets and use the style I like from green items)
    No restriction in transmog (be able to be a warrior using cloth transmog)
    Barber shop (sex change included)
    Bank space for craft mats
    Mount/Pet collection tab

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    What If u are the boss?

Why do I have this feeling that I won't see 10% of the things in this poll happen? Are they that disastrous? For me it would be an explosion of joy to see them happen.
    p.s: I really think Blood Elf Druid arrives before 2026 but I don't care much about this one...
    I only care for the first one tbh. Ever since seeing High Botanist Freywyn in the Botanica dungeon I was keen on getting a belf druid. Imagine the lynx form for the feral spec. Would be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Armor type restrictions on transmog should have been lifted long ago. It would be the most painless thing to implement.

Dye-system would be nice, but going through and retroactively editing the textures for two decades of items would be a big ask. Not impossible for Blizzard who haul in $210+ per year from millions of players but not the very first thing I would command like the easy transmog restriction lift.
    No. that is legit the dumbest idea. Transmog how it is now is too relaxed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boss as in CEO or boss as in own 100% of the company, majority stake? Well if it's the former, fuck all, because my every move is dictated by the shareholders. If I'm the latter? I go back to the way things were ran in Wrath, pre-sparkle pony and push the developers to create a vision with full creative freedom because right now WoW just feels like it's too micromanaged & focused heavily on profit margin.

If the ship goes down as a result, I go down with it, yolo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Think that's been the case since TBC.
    Well, it started in TBC with Korean Elves, but the level it got to in Legion and later BfA is over 9000.

Where the heck are my bloodthirsty orcs? I actually considered playing Horde back in the day. Nowadays it's a joke of a faction.

That poll is not your question to others about it but rather very fancy way of showing your 'i want see X in the game'.
    There is literally nothing i'd pick from this list.

I would be suggestion putting the RPG back in the game.

Dialing back the AoE obsession and bring back single target as king of damage.
    Make DPS squishy again.
    Make dungeons hard again. Normal is now the difficulty of a current normal mythic, heroic is ridiculous and requires CC, mythic dungeons no longer have affixes but instead rely on CC, Kiting and beating enrage timers on bosses.

Bring back/add all the following stats.

Dodge,
    Block,
    Parry,
    Armor pen,
    Spell power,
    Attack power,
    Defense rating,
    Spell reflect,

Remove catch up content and just have the catch up content be using raid finder

Progression path would be

Raiders
    Season 1. Levelling -> End game quests/Normal dungeons -> Heroics -> Mythics -> M+ and Raiding
    Season 2. Levelling -> End game quests/Normal dungeons -> Heroics -> Mythics -> LFR Season 1 raid -> M+ and Raiding
    Season 3. Levelling -> End game quests/Normal dungeons -> Heroics -> Mythics -> LFR Season 1 raid -> LFR Season 2 raid -> M+ and Raiding

Casuals
    Season 1. Levelling -> End game quests/Normal dungeons -> Delves -> Then LFR if they want to raid.
    Season 2. Levelling -> End game quests/Normal dungeons -> Delves -> LFR Season 1 raid (faster option) or new zone delves -> Then LFR if they want to raid.
    Season 3. Levelling -> End game quests/Normal dungeons -> Delves -> LFR Season 1 raid (faster option) or new zone delves -> LFR Season 2 raid (faster option) or new zone delves - >Then LFR if they want to raid.

Outdoor content is used to supplement other content, eg. Getting flight stones and crests for doing world quests.

Mythic raids are now soo difficult that killing the first boss with full heroic gear will be challenging to even the best players.
    Mythic raids only drop maxxed out hero gear and that's all.

Reputation is now gained for any activity you do in a zone that is associated with that rep. eg. centaur rep from ohnaran plains. this includes killing elite mobs in either the overworld or in dungeons.

Mythic+ no longer requires a keystone. Instead all mythic+ start at +1, based on the speed you clear you are able to gain up to 5 ranks. The font at the entrance now simple lets you pick the level of M+ you would like to do.

Mythic+ dungeons are now limited in certain ways. If you want to do the same M+ again and again you must push if you form the group, if you already did a 20 this week you have to do at least 21 to be eligible for loot unless it's someone elses key.

Completely remove all pvp gear and put pvp into a separate server like plunderstorm. Everyone has the same gear and stats, you pick your game mode and everything is fair, skill based fights, gear doesn't mean anything anymore since everyone is at the exact same level.
    Last edited by Lynexia; 2024-04-10 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Make dungeons hard again. Normal is now the difficulty of a current normal mythic, heroic is ridiculous and requires CC, mythic dungeons no longer have affixes but instead rely on CC, Kiting and beating enrage timers on bosses.
    So do you make dps specs identical in utility or create even stricter metas than today?

* Kill every Windrunner.

* Execute all the edgy traitor elves. No longer playable.

* Fix protection, neglected in the gutter for eight years.

* Either implement full transmog functionality for dracthyr, or add hundreds of barber shop armors. Remove shitty elf form.

* Plot and lore no longer driven by surface-level cheap drama and blame-game warcrimes. Return to faction identity, leaders that are worth respecting, and build up new characters worth a damn in the style of Nazgrim/Tailor.

* Design systems that make it worth bothering to play with friends, and which don't take the form of dungeons/raids.

* Dark Apotheosis - Gladiator Stance - delete the Augmentation mistake and design a proper tank.

* The Chronicle retcons are no longer remotely canon. Return to Wc3 lore and ground events in the world, avoid shitty "6 cosmic forces".

* Find a better way to handle talent tree expansions than with half-assed hero specs. Ideally, implement hero specs in a manner as to actually live up to class/race fantasies rather than just being something you crunch for numbers.
    Last edited by Arikara; 2024-04-10 at 01:01 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Kind of surprised that armor dye isn't in the game yet. Guild Wars 2 has had it for 10 years. If the engine is truly that old and wonky that a relatively small change is painful for devs to implement in wow, just saying maybe it's time. That's been used a bit too much as their out for not adding features other games have had for a decade+.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    So do you make dps specs identical in utility or create even stricter metas than today?
    The "meta" literally doesn't even make a difference for 99% of players and the top 1% of players shouldn't even be something that is taken into consideration since they will always only take the best anyway.

Either way almost every class has a CC these days so why not just make the CC work on any targets in M+ like with the affix mobs and the entire issue is solved

Dominate mind,
    Shackle,
    Repentance,
    Fear undead,
    Freezing trap,
    Enslave undead,
    Enslave demon,
    Fear,
    Intimidating shout,
    imprison,
    Cyclone,
    Hibernate,
    Hex,
    Sap,
    Polymorph,

These are just the ones I can think of...

I think Monk, Evoker and warrior are the only ones without CCs that completely negate mobs these days... Add one CC to each that's unique to their class and you're golden.

Evoker get temporal trap - Trap an enemy in a temporal conflux slowing time around them by 100 times for 24 seconds.
    Warrior get Concussion - Leap at the target smashing them in the head with the hilt of or weapon knocking them out for 24 seconds
    Monk gets Dizzying Brew - Throw an irresistible brew at the target causing them to drink, upon drinking the brew the target becomes ill for 24 seconds and is unable to move.

Literally these spells are not hard to come up with and make, make sense. I would rather all dps have the same utility but maintain class uniqueness than I would just having them do the same amalgamation of damage they do now.... Do you honestly think that classes are that different currently?