Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    WoW Remix: Mists of Pandaria Realm First Achievements Not Intended

    Patch 10.2.7 PTR - Build 54171

    WoW Remix: Mists of Pandaria Realm First Achievements Not Intended
    Blizzard has noted that realm first achievements such as Realm First! Mythic Garrosh and Realm First! Timerunner are not intended, and that they will be fixed in a future PTR build.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Zarroe: Pretty much the first thing i hear from PTR friends is about the amount of Realm First achievements.
    I thought it was just supposed to be cool fun event, why add all this realm first stuff just for the .001%? Seems silly


    This is the result of a bug that we have fixed in a future 10.2.7 build.

    Thanks for the reports!
    Last edited by Lumy; 2024-04-11 at 08:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Inb4 the sweatlords complain about realm firsts being removed.

    Great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,780
    A "bug" that automatically writes "Realm First" / creates RF achiev ? Weird

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    A "bug" that automatically writes "Realm First" / creates RF achiev ? Weird
    Was a realm first still a thing in MoP? They could have just used that as a base and didn't change text/conditions

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Azerox's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    3,817
    Yeah this is so aweful we dont want people that grind for it to get something nice.
    Yours, noobs.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Was a realm first still a thing in MoP? They could have just used that as a base and didn't change text/conditions
    I believe Realm First was still a think back in MoP. When Pandarians were brought in that expansion, I had a friend that was pushing for that achievement. I think it was later it was removed.

  7. #7
    The Unstoppable Force Ielenia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    22,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    A "bug" that automatically writes "Realm First" / creates RF achiev ? Weird
    Automation is a wonderful thing, really. Why waste time creating the exact same thing, every season (as in, "realm first/aotc/ce/glory of" achievements) when you can have an algorithm that automatically does the menial parts of content creation for you?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

  8. #8
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    23,423
    "a bug"

    How could anyone believe that? Especially with the Timerunner realm first with a unique title and everything.

  9. #9
    "Bug" with unique titles - lmao

    Snowflakes were offended by this - also lmao

    Blizzard decided to delete it so the noobs won't complain about something that wasn't their target - another lmao

  10. #10
    Over 9000!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    "Bug" with unique titles - lmao

    Snowflakes were offended by this - also lmao

    Blizzard decided to delete it so the noobs won't complain about something that wasn't their target - another lmao
    no. It was a thing when MoP was released, however they discontinued such achievements I think from WoD onwards. I don't know what you're talking about snowflakes being offended by anything to do with this, it was clearly something they added in but removed in WoD because it encouraged non stop gameplay which isn't healthy for anyone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    "a bug"

    How could anyone believe that? Especially with the Timerunner realm first with a unique title and everything.
    see above.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    "Bug" with unique titles - lmao

    Snowflakes were offended by this - also lmao

    Blizzard decided to delete it so the noobs won't complain about something that wasn't their target - another lmao
    I mean, the fact that you simply cannot shrug and move along makes you the snowflake. You don't have anything meaningful to say, yet you need to be heard, because you're such a special person!

  12. #12
    Yeah realm first was a thing in Panda. I got realm first master fishing or whatever while everyone else was out leveling back in the day.

    Worth it? Probably not.

  13. #13
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Catalonia
    Posts
    244
    Good old times.. that's the only Server First achievement I have (Server First Hunter 90), missed the overall server first by less than an hour Feels stupid they removed this achievements but then there is a big media coverage on world first raid kills with many $ involved

  14. #14
    From these "events" they've been creating, and the way they announced three expansions, I'm willing to bet these are the 3 last expansions of WOW and these events are them trying to figure out what WOW will look like in maintenance mode.

    I don't mean they will let Warcraft die, but that they might be developing the follow up, which might not even be an RPG but follows up the lore, much like the RPG replaced the RTS.
    Last edited by AtomR; 2024-04-11 at 02:06 PM.

  15. #15
    Legendary! SinR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    6,574
    the likely explanation is that the Mistunner and Paragon of the Mists titles were supposed to be for people that got to 70 and killed M Garrosh respectively. Not for the realm first of those events.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Automation is a wonderful thing, really. Why waste time creating the exact same thing, every season (as in, "realm first/aotc/ce/glory of" achievements) when you can have an algorithm that automatically does the menial parts of content creation for you?
    That's not automation. Either they were originally going to put those in but decided not to or someone copied a list of MoP achievements into the game without understanding the context.

  17. #17
    Over 9000!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Server first achis were great back in the day. Sad it got removed because people complained.
    did it actually get removed because people complained? or did you just make this up, like 99% of everything you post

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    From these "events" they've been creating, and the way they announced three expansions, I'm willing to bet these are the 3 last expansions of WOW and these events are them trying to figure out what WOW will look like in maintenance mode.

    I don't mean they will let Warcraft die, but that they might be developing the follow up, which might not even be an RPG but follows up the lore, much like the RPG replaced the RTS.
    I highly doubt that because WoW is their flagship product. Look at Blizzard's portfolio, what games do they have? None of their other product is a success. If they abandon WoW, they'll go bankrupt within a day.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Server first achis were great back in the day. Sad it got removed because people complained.

    I remember for Wrath they were planning some really really cool titles for realm first 80, realm first class 80 and other stuff and those got removed too. Remember reading the forums and just endless people acting like the sky was falling.

    God forbid someone has a special title for dedicating insanely to a game right?
    Don't you complain about fomo all the time? yet here fomo is good?
    what the ehck.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Don't you complain about fomo all the time? yet here fomo is good?
    what the ehck.
    Sounds about right for him, WoWisDead64, and a few others on here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •