Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    The more I level up, the more op I get, I need to sleep but I cannot stop thinking about playing this overpowered game mode!
    yeah, that will stop later
    as tank at cap in HC dungeons some mobs hit me for 20-30% of my hp with their basic melee attack even through some defensives
    balancing seems a bit out of whack

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    If that's true wow players are dumb.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I literally did 5 quests in pandaria and was bored.... The quest design is terrible in pandaria. And Classic has proven that people don't get bored in old expansions so that's complete hogwash.
    Sounds like it's just a YOU problem. Everyone else is having fun.

    PS I loved Pandaria the first time. Pet battles, archaeology was expanded to be really fun, and that farm? It was like Casual Player Heaven! I wish those were part of the remix but with limited time, it makes sense that those features weren't included.

    Anyway i'm having a blast, Diablo-three-ing my way though Pandaria.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Sounds like it's just a YOU problem. Everyone else is having fun.

    PS I loved Pandaria the first time. Pet battles, archaeology was expanded to be really fun, and that farm? It was like Casual Player Heaven! I wish those were part of the remix but with limited time, it makes sense that those features weren't included.

    Anyway i'm having a blast, Diablo-three-ing my way though Pandaria.

    Great when people speak for others in oreder to make their argument seem more compelling, just because you are enjoying yourself doesn't mean everyone is.

    The scaling is borked, and not being able to do certain parts of it as certain classes just kills the experience.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Seriously could they have picked a worse expansion besides this?
    Like why not TBC or Even Wrath...
    TBC's quest design is really bad. Far too many quests so the tasks you do for each one feel meaningless as a whole. Follow quests where the NPC moves 1 inch/hr. Overarching story is basically non-existent until you get to the final zone. Some of the lore isn't even accurate, anymore.

    Wrath--we just did Wrath classic. It would be highly redundant. If they were to do it again, I'm not sure what expansion to start with. Wrath would probably be the farthest back I'd go.

    But Pandaria? Really? The only expansions they could have picked that were worse is like... MAYBE WoD or BFA...
    Pandaria has a solid quest design structure of a small cluster of quests with different mechanics at each POI. Not too many like TBC and a bit more modernized than Wrath's. Each zone has a clear overarching story structure that is simple to understand and often connected to conflicts or themes that feel very grounded in WoW aesthetics and themes. The zone design is also pretty evenly aesthetically strong. There are areas in Cata where ground or object textures are horrendous and then others are extremely good--seeing them side by side is jarring.

    For the hours I've put in so far (almost done with Jade Forest) it also feels like MoP works really well with Dragonriding overall. I think this would be true of Wrath (except maybe Borean Tundra, which is very flat).

    MoP is consistently either the favorite or runner-up in almost every poll ever done. I think it's usually #2 behind Wrath or Legion, if memory serves.

    The only thing I can think of is because Pandaria has links to the old gods, and thus the void which is a big thing in TWW.... But even still....
    I think this has very little to do with it. They just did vanilla, TBC, Wrath, and now Cata classic. If you want to replay those, they were already options.

    I reserved judgement until I tried it out on PTR because I figured if it was maybe going to be different that would be kinda cool. But It's literally the same shit quests we had in pandaria.... Now I'm gonna have to slog through it for the rewards (yes I know I don't have to, but I want the rewards... doesn't mean I'm going to have fun with it).
    Of course it would have MoP quests in MoP zones? That's literally why it's timerunning. The mechanics of the gems and such are nice, and dynamic flying makes it pretty easy to navigate.

    I think it's overall a strong choice for a first expansion to do this with and don't see any good counterarguments. The only thing you really have is that you just don't like MoP. Which is fine, but not really an argument that can work. If you use that as the basis, there are people who don't like whatever expansion is picked.

  5. #225
    While MOP isn't even close to my favorite xpack, I also don't hate it. Difference in design is very noticeable. It was old times, when Blizzard were making game fun, instead of turning it into souls-like torturing. While I hated no-flying, FOMO dailies and claustrophobic isles, I actually enjoyed leveling through such zones as Jade Forest and Valley of Four Winds back in old times, when leveling through every xpack was mandatory.

    I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

  6. #226
    I'm glad to revisit pandaria, I missed this expansion as I stopped wow when I started university and got back at the end of wod.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Great when people speak for others in oreder to make their argument seem more compelling, just because you are enjoying yourself doesn't mean everyone is.

    The scaling is borked, and not being able to do certain parts of it as certain classes just kills the experience.
    Well did you play or not?

    Because it's been out two days and you've already got a list of complaints. You had to play it to generate those complains.

    Logically, either you played it quite a bit and were enjoying it until you hit a wall, or you played a ton despite hating it? Let us know which so we know in which trash can to file your next complaints.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yeah, that will stop later
    as tank at cap in HC dungeons some mobs hit me for 20-30% of my hp with their basic melee attack even through some defensives
    balancing seems a bit out of whack
    Yeah I'm now 65 and see lv70s getting deleted with ease. Between 40 and 60 I felt invincible! Ha! You are right.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    Yeah I'm now 65 and see lv70s getting deleted with ease. Between 40 and 60 I felt invincible! Ha! You are right.
    today in LFR storm spear on iron qun hit me for full hp and 47,762,546 overkill
    fine tuning

  10. #230
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    27,799
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Great when people speak for others in oreder to make their argument seem more compelling, just because you are enjoying yourself doesn't mean everyone is.

    The scaling is borked, and not being able to do certain parts of it as certain classes just kills the experience.
    And just cause you are not enjoying it does not mean everyone else is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Seriously could they have picked a worse expansion besides this?
    Like why not TBC or Even Wrath...

    But Pandaria? Really? The only expansions they could have picked that were worse is like... MAYBE WoD or BFA...

    The only thing I can think of is because Pandaria has links to the old gods, and thus the void which is a big thing in TWW.... But even still....

    I reserved judgement until I tried it out on PTR because I figured if it was maybe going to be different that would be kinda cool. But It's literally the same shit quests we had in pandaria.... Now I'm gonna have to slog through it for the rewards (yes I know I don't have to, but I want the rewards... doesn't mean I'm going to have fun with it).

    Anyway I know this is supposed to be constructive so like, if you could pick a timerunning xpac what would you pick?

    EDIT: Since when was MoP a fan favorite? Nobody I have ever known in 15 years of wow has ever said MoP was good... people avoid it like the plague when levelling new characters too. It's bonkers to me that people are saying it was good or that people loved it because I have literally 0 recollection of people enjoying it.... It was also when blizzard took away talent trees which was a universally HATED decision....

    I legit have no idea how people could possibly say that when MoP was current, it was popular... it was literally one of the worst expansion they ever did lol.

    EDIT 2: Yeah people in here just got selective memories, the expansion was almost universally canned at the time it existed. Can't believe you all legit think it was a popular or a good expac... There was literally almost nothing good about it.
    wtf are you even on about? I loved MoP. It was a perfect blend of colorful fantasy and dark themes with the whole Sha thing and old god connections. Evil lurking just beyond the edge of beauty. The zones were nice and well thought out. The music was good and harkened back to the days of older 90's JRPG's. Almost everyone in my circles enjoyed the expansion. Honestly I think this was just a bait topic to get people yelling and screaming.

  12. #232
    I hate how the gearing is. The extra abilities/gems are okay but the gear is so soulless, esp raiding (so far) having none of the regular gear drop (don't know if the regular loot tables kick in later). The way to re-gem is very clumsy too and upgrading gear is a headache popping the things out, swapping, putting them back in, etc.

    Also, releasing this right now was a great way to kill cata classic.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    I hate how the gearing is. The extra abilities/gems are okay but the gear is so soulless, esp raiding (so far) having none of the regular gear drop (don't know if the regular loot tables kick in later). The way to re-gem is very clumsy too and upgrading gear is a headache popping the things out, swapping, putting them back in, etc.

    Also, releasing this right now was a great way to kill cata classic.
    Kill cata classic? That thing is already dead
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •