Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, spider kingdom, yahr.

Collector's Edition with artbook when though.

Does anyone feel like the graphics of the gameplay portions weren't very high quality? There aren't even shadows of the characters in some cases.. the game looks way better than this video already in the live version.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Or just force people into buying the Epic edition if they want it guaranteed?

What scummy behaviour.
    There's absolutely no reason to need to play the beta.

Everything Blizzard does you label as scummy though.

7+ Year Old Account
    ah its that bs early access thing
    one thing to have that in a single player another to have that in an mmo kinda gross

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    ah its that bs early access thing
    one thing to have that in a single player another to have that in an mmo kinda gross
    No, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I love how the epic edition is Blizzard getting people to pay THEM to be unpaid beta testers.
    Wrong. I love people who focus on the beta access while ignoring the dozen other things that are included with it. You aren't paying to be a beta tester. That is a bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

He doesn't play the game.,

People need to stop engaging him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    sorry did that not meet your expectations? what would you like me to say?

there's usual beta sign ups here, or you can buy it with the epic edition. Cool. I'm excited that we're getting close enough to the beta where they announce sign ups.

hows that?

- - - Updated - - -

called it lulw
    You guarantee it with the epic edition. YOu don't buy it. I guarantee you that people buy epic for the 3 days early access at release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Not everyone who has purchased TWW has gotten their beta invite yet, so don't jump to any conclusions just yet.
    Beta hasn't started yet. This is just signing people up.

They're still too cheap to hire actual testers? OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    They're still too cheap to hire actual testers? OK then.
    NO gaming company hires testers. They use players who, you know, actually play the gamew who are far better at spotting bugs than people who have never played the game hired off the street.

15+ Year Old Account

Notice how he never replies... It's like he isn't actually here to discuss anything, on a discussion board, but to post in bad faith.

Damn, there is a word for it, but I can't quite remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Not everyone who has purchased TWW has gotten their beta invite yet, so don't jump to any conclusions just yet.
    Beta doesn't even exist yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO gaming company hires testers. They use players who, you know, actually play the gamew who are far better at spotting bugs than people who have never played the game hired off the street.
    Not only do they have testers, their QA team is one of the largest in gaming and mostly full time workers instead of the contractors a lot of other gaming studios use.

https://www.polygon.com/23015048/act...time-pay-raise

But let's not have facts get in the way on your false claims that wouldn't be fun?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2024-04-15 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Notice how he never replies... It's like he isn't actually here to discuss anything, on a discussion board, but to post in bad faith.

Well his main got perma’d so he’s just back again to be like this. There are a few like him who’ve been here for awhile and just have nothing better to do with their time I guess. I wonder if there is some kind of psychological effect that can describe this behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not only do they have testers, their QA team is one of the largest in gaming and mostly full time workers instead of the contractors a lot of other gaming studios use.

https://www.polygon.com/23015048/act...time-pay-raise

But let's not have facts get in the way on your false claims that wouldn't be fun?
    QA does not = beta testers. ALl gaming companies have betas that use players. Hilarious that only Blizzard gets crap for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    QA does not = beta testers. ALl gaming companies have betas that use players. Hilarious that only Blizzard gets crap for it.
    Do you not understand what QA is?

It's testing, its literally testing.

And no all games do not use open betas. Not even all MMOs have open betas. Dawntrail does not have an open beta and it's an MMO xpac releasing a few months before TWW does.

Blizzard does not do public alphas and betas because they don't internally test their games, what an absolute joke take that you think is reality. It's for reception and data farming more than anything because the vast majority of players have no idea how to actually test games in any way shape or form.

Gamers sure are funny.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2024-04-15 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schintus View Post
    Been signed up for 12 years. Why would my chances suddenly get better?
    I think it largely depends on your computer. I didn't get signed up in Betas until I got a better PC in later years (course it's outdated now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

He does reply, but only to those who agree with him. He's just looking for an echo chamber because he got no actual argumentation
    MMO Champs :

Dont forget to buy the epic addition so that you get 3 days early access!

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Dont forget to buy the epic addition so that you get 3 days early access!
    Will do since you reminded me of it, thanks!

That is definitely all that comes with the epic edition.
    Not saying it is, but it’s one of the selling points, and it’s something people are paying for. Players are paying the company to beta test for them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    I think it largely depends on your computer. I didn't get signed up in Betas until I got a better PC in later years (course it's outdated now.)
    There's probably a lot of factors that go into it, but actually having a record of providing feedback (especially a lot of it) likely impacts your chances of getting a beta. Even though I was unsubbed prior to Dragonflight beta, I still got in first wave, and I've been in every beta for WoW. Probably helps I make anywhere between a couple hundred to over a thousand reports per beta testing phase; some are pretty minor, but there's quite a bit of suggestions and major game-breaking issues that I tend to report. Although I wouldn't be surprised if I got the Dragonflight beta without asking for it in an attempt to get me to resub to the game.

The thing is most people don't take the testing seriously, as they just want to mess around with it and get an edge on live launch. While it's fine to research and try to get an edge (actually exposes exploits and bugs quite often), actually reporting issues and providing good feedback for said issues goes a long way. If I put my cynical hat on a bit, I sort of feel the testing phases have become less about valuing player feedback and more of a promotional tool for the upcoming game (whether it's a WoW expac, D4, etc.). One of the reasons I left the game was because if felt like Blizz wasn't listening to the feedback testers were giving at an increasing rate, especially leading into Shadowlands; quite a few issues that Shadowlands had on launch were well known and documented early in the beta phase, but Blizz had the equivalent of the Pikachu shocked face after the expac went live for some odd reason, then had the gall to say the issues didn't show up in testing.

The fact that the beta is showing up as a top tier game purchase isn't really new in the industry nor at Blizz, but it shows that betas for Blizz are more about the promotional aspect than fixing problems. While some would say "Well, if you're buying the top tier version of the game, you're probably someone that would do testing!"... and that's not necessarily true at all. Such people are more likely to buy WoW tokens, maybe. Realistically, any serious tester is likely going to get a beta invite at some point (or have alpha access), because I'm fairly certain they track those people and flag their accounts for beta access. Heck, imagine if the beta was purely open to anyone who was interested regardless of purchase... that would be the ideal scenario if this was about getting more beta testers. Making such deals is more appealing to FOMO when it comes to getting beta access versus increasing the quantity and quality of beta testers, simple as that.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville