Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    It's actually a smart way of staging the release, so you don't have everyone trying to log in on the same day. Also, people with the early access will beta test the possible bottlenecks, which results in smoother experience for people who have a shred of patience to simply wait the 3 days.
    I don’t think bottlenecks have been a thing in quite some time. Ever since Blizz implements shared tags and loot able quest items, the only bottleneck has just been server issues from lag or things taking too long to respawn.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    So uh.. whats the headstart gonna win you?
    For anyone who focuses on making gold via professions and the exchange, a whole lot of gold as they progress and own the market ahead of the plebs. Missing an expansion launch market for three days is a ton of lost profit. Profit which can be directly exchanged for Blizzard goodies.

Personally, I don't care. But for those that do care about making gold there is no option to not purchase the epic edition, if they want to be relevant in the markets.
    He/Him

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    So uh.. whats the headstart gonna win you?
    The head start is meaningless. It's a marketing ploy nothing else. Everything will be timegated all the same for everybody equally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    For anyone who focuses on making gold via professions and the exchange, a whole lot of gold as they progress and own the market ahead of the plebs. Missing an expansion launch market for three days is a ton of lost profit. Profit which can be directly exchanged for Blizzard goodies.

Personally, I don't care. But for those that do care about making gold there is no option to not purchase the epic edition, if they want to be relevant in the markets.
    lol gold. In a world where I can buy gold for irl money you wanna cry about the integrity of ingame gold now? (not you personally a royal 'you')

Oh yeah, test, i'll test under one condition. You gave roll the bones a UI right? No? Oh well, i guess this'll be the first expansion i don't test shit.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    lol gold. In a world where I can buy gold for irl money you wanna cry about the integrity of ingame gold now? (not you personally a royal 'you')
    Somebody has to make that gold you're buying

I'm not talking about the "integrity" of gold, simply that if goldmaking is your game then the epic edition is pretty much required. Missing out on those three days means you miss out on the best days of a fresh market.
    He/Him

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Somebody has to make that gold you're buying

I'm not talking about the "integrity" of gold, simply that if goldmaking is your game then the epic edition is pretty much required. Missing out on those three days means you miss out on the best days of a fresh market.
    If gold making is the game then there are already so many ways to exploit and game the systems in order to make millions. This 3 day early release will not have anymore impact than any of those other numerous ways people already abuse to get rich that already exist and have existed in the past. It is meaningless in almost all regards and is just a marketing ploy to sell more of the expensive version of TWW expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Early access is a joke. If it was part of the base edition fine.

Gating it behind the Epic Edition, they knew what the fuck they were doing alongside Beta. It's disgusting.

Given they did this for Diablo 4 and well that games barely scraping by now it's safe to assume War Within won't be much to look at.
    I'm quite confused about the logic here. How does offering early access to something mean that the game won't be worth playing? It's not like early access defines the content...

Also if they added early access to the base edition (and I assume all editions then?), what would be the point of early access? You might as well just release the game 3 days early, if all editions were to get that bonus.

I feel you didn't think this through.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Dont forget to buy the epic addition so that you get 3 days early access!
    And don't forget that those who pay don't get a 3 days early access : it's those who don't pay who get a 3 days late access.
    MMO Champs :

7+ Year Old Account

Gating it behind the Epic Edition, they knew what the fuck they were doing alongside Beta. It's disgusting.

Given they did this for Diablo 4 and well that games barely scraping by now it's safe to assume War Within won't be much to look at.
    "Barely scraping by now" he says as the game has never been more hype and full of excitement. Season 4 is literally fucking amazing, and the changes they are doing that are on ptr right now is AMAZING
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content
    All historical data is in my brain. I've proved it to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I almost forgot the 3 day P2W edition hahaha
    TBH while it's not a business practice I like, in the context of WoW it probably just makes things better for me. People who can't wait pay extra and experience the worst of the bottlenecks and technical issues, while by the time I log in the frenzy has somewhat abated, game is far more playable and I don't get grouped with people who have made it their life's goal to experience as little of the new expansion as possible on their way to AFKing in the capital at max level in between dungeon runs for a, like, 4 ilvl advantage by the time the season begins.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

wait a minute..

u have to pay more for epic edition and yet, u still have to be selected to participate on beta? so u pay more for a chance to get invited..

i guess when they started selling the epic, they said we going to had access to beta.. but signing up there, its says ill receive an email IF i am selected... WTF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    wait a minute..

u have to pay more for epic edition and yet, u still have to be selected to participate on beta? so u pay more for a chance to get invited..

i guess when they started selling the epic, they said we going to had access to beta.. but signing up there, its says ill receive an email IF i am selected... WTF
    It's guaranteed beta access with the Epic edition.

Edit: Why are you applying for beta access via the link if you will already get it with the Epic edition? They will just flag the account you upgraded and give you access.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2024-04-17 at 02:33 AM.

Spot the peasant...

wait a minute..

Ïf you bought it you will have guaranteed beta access, however there is no guarantee that epic edition owners will be in the first invite wave, but you will still get in eventually.

7+ Year Old Account
    wait a minute..

I mean you have literally made this up entirely yourself, but ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Ïf you bought it you will have guaranteed beta access, however there is no guarantee that epic edition owners will be in the first invite wave, but you will still get in eventually.
    Where di you get the idea this was a thing?
    Last time they did this, it was garunteed first wave, and I do not see anything saying otherwise.
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content
    All historical data is in my brain. I've proved it to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Ok all nay sayers, the epic edition is a good deal. period.

One should at least get the heroic edition for the Stormrider mount which is, in my opinion, fun wise the best dynamic flying mount in the game so far. That thing is just awesome, i don't know if it's really faster and more agile than the dragons, but at least they managed to make it feel like that. It's worth the money and grabbing while you can.

And as the epic edition also gets you a month of gametime you only pay like 7 bucks for all the extra stuff, what is as well more than well worth it.
    Yeah, always been a good deal those expansion editions that gives you a month free game time. Makes the other stuff very cheap tbh for that heroic edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    (looks at D4 and OW2)

I don't know seems more like a 12 months now days.
    you are very correct