1. #1

    Can I ask why have moderators if blatant harassment doesn't get dealt with?

    I'm not going to call names out because I'm not like that but past couple of weeks in news it's been getting derailed with people calling me out among other things.

    And nothings been done.

    So I ask why have moderators who don't moderate? This is ridiculous. If I said half the stuff people were calling me out with I guarantee I'd be slapped with an infraction.

    But I don't because I'm not like that. Just think it's really poor to let people get away with trying to call out users in the hopes they'll retaliate.

    And before you say report it I have. And nothing has been done.
    Last edited by Luthorite; 2024-04-16 at 02:45 AM.

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Preliatus's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cone Sector TU-O b6-0
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    So I ask why have moderators who don't moderate? This is ridiculous. If I said half the stuff people were calling me out with I guarantee I'd be slapped with an infraction.
    .
    inb4 lock

    The best moderation teams take time to take action and discuss. The worst moderation teams immediately take action without discussing. I'd rather think that reports are thoroughly investigated before action is taken.

    My above opinion applies to a lot of stuff, because who knows if the posts/proof is photoshopped, altered, or edited in any way to show someone in bad light.

    My two cents as a lurker, back to lurking.

  3. #3
    Just dont mind it...is the internet.
    And you are not supposed to care, trust me! Only real life matters to be worried about.

    And btw, be careful of the most used current tactic to get you banned being used on MMO-C currently.
    I call it "Projection"

    "They" reply to you and accuse you for being or doing something that they are doing themselves"

    Example:
    They call you a liar and a troll when they are clearly lying and trolling you > you get mad > reply > get banned
    They say you are just projecting when they are clearly projecting > mad reply > get banned

    Basically they accuse you of things THEY themselves are doing to provoke us and bait mad replies
    Be careful out there UwU

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Thanks View Post
    Just dont mind it...is the internet.
    And you are not supposed to care, trust me! Only real life matters to be worried about.

    And btw, be careful of the most used current tactic to get you banned being used on MMO-C currently.
    I call it "Projection"

    "They" reply to you and accuse you for being or doing something that they are doing themselves"

    Example:
    They call you a liar and a troll when they are clearly lying and trolling you > you get mad > reply > get banned
    They say you are just projecting when they are clearly projecting > mad reply > get banned

    Basically they accuse you of things THEY themselves are doing to provoke us and bait mad replies
    Be careful out there UwU
    It's not really that what I'm calling out.

    It's blatant standards. If I said any of the things that were being said to me I guarantee I'd get a strike.

    It just feels like there's one set of rules for people here and another set for the other.

    Obviously I've used the ignore function but sometimes it crops up through other conversations because it doesn't really hide ignored users properly. When someone else is replying to them for example...
    Last edited by Luthorite; 2024-04-16 at 03:08 AM.

  5. #5
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    27,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    I'm not going to call names out because I'm not like that but past couple of weeks in news it's been getting derailed with people calling me out among other things.

    And nothings been done.

    So I ask why have moderators who don't moderate? This is ridiculous. If I said half the stuff people were calling me out with I guarantee I'd be slapped with an infraction.

    But I don't because I'm not like that. Just think it's really poor to let people get away with trying to call out users in the hopes they'll retaliate.

    And before you say report it I have. And nothing has been done.
    When you call anyone who disagrees with you a paid blizzard shill, blizzdrone, blizzard cocksucker who would eat up any shit they drop in their mouth. (Things you have called people in the past.)
    Mods don't really take ya seriously.
    Nor would I really call people calling you out for lying, making up stuff, and argueing both sides
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Putting a carrot on FOMO content just isn't fun.
    at the same time as
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Good. You should have been there in MoP. Giving them out now would devalue it hard.
    "Harassment"


    If someone is ACTUALLY harassing you, and you report it, mods will infract them, that is how it works.
    but just cause someone calls you out for your constant lies, does not make that harassment.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2024-04-16 at 03:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    It's not really that what I'm calling out.

    It's blatant standards. If I said any of the things that were being said to me I guarantee I'd get a strike.

    It just feels like there's one set of rules for people here and another set for the other.
    You are being baited and getting banned by mad replies.
    You deserve to be banned in that situation too.

    I understand what you are saying is also true (i feel like sometimes we get banned more because we are terminally online spaming MMO-C bumping threads constantly) but it doesnt matter because my final advice is always:

    Dont care about it

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Thanks View Post
    You are being baited and getting banned by mad replies.
    You deserve to be banned in that situation too.

    I understand what you are saying is also true (i feel like sometimes we get banned more because we are terminally online spaming MMO-C bumping threads constantly) but it doesnt matter because my final advice is always:

    Dont care about it
    Oh I don't reply back. I ignored of course.

    I just meant I feel like it's a whole "rules for thee but not for me" situation here.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Oh I don't reply back. I ignored of course.

    I just meant I feel like it's a whole "rules for thee but not for me" situation here.
    Bro, a long time ago one user literally posted a image of me saying "clown" or "retard" or something done on paint
    Later deleted his post and went his merry way without any problems.

    To be fair i was indeed more obnoxious, spammy and mad back then...is actually a miracle i can still post in here.

  9. #9
    lol getting called out for your obvious bait and flat-out WRONG takes about the game doesn't constitute as harassment sorry.

    If anybody should be infracted around here for your obvious bait posts (that even mods themselves have called you out on!) is OP

  10. #10
    This is a public forum
    you're allowed to scream whatever bullshit you want
    but everyone else is allowed to react to your bullshit and call you out on it.

    If you wanted an echo chamber find an empty concert hall
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

  11. #11
    No, you can't, as it is against the rules to discuss moderation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •