Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Yo on the earthen racials one of them is called "Wide-Eyed Wonder" - When you gain experience for exploring a location, gain 0% additional exploration experience.

    Is exploration experience something new coming or are they just worded that tooltip all funky like??

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Lots of things are shared across your Warband:

    • Delve progress
    What is that supposed to mean? Can you start a delve and then switch characters half way through?

  3. #43
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Yo on the earthen racials one of them is called "Wide-Eyed Wonder" - When you gain experience for exploring a location, gain 0% additional exploration experience.

    Is exploration experience something new coming or are they just worded that tooltip all funky like??
    Exploration experience has been around since vanilla.
    When you go to a new location you have not been to before, you get some exp.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Yes they can. Have it change to a generic npc model. Problem solved.
    So then you can come on here and bitch and moan about blizz being lazy and only doing a few types of mobs for this expansion? lol I bet you'd love that

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Exploration experience has been around since vanilla.
    When you go to a new location you have not been to before, you get some exp.
    I know that Im saying the way the tooltip is worded almost makes it sound like its a new type of experience. Just shitty wording on tooltip then?

    "grants an additional 0% experience when exploring a location" would seemingly be the way to go (more or less) to properly word the tooltip imho. It mentions experience twice almost as if there are 2 types of exp and this racial gives you both 'types'?

  5. #45
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    So then you can come on here and bitch and moan about blizz being lazy and only doing a few types of mobs for this expansion? lol I bet you'd love that

    - - - Updated - - -



    I know that Im saying the way the tooltip is worded almost makes it sound like its a new type of experience. Just shitty wording on tooltip then?
    More so if it just said "you gain bonus exp" people would possibly assume its a buff that makes you gain bonus exp, but by specifiying exploration exp, you are gaining bonus to that exploration exp, just like there is gathering exp, or questing exp, or killing exp.
    The source matters, and exploration experience is experience earned through exploring.
    It has always been a thing, just few things ever reference it.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    More so if it just said "you gain bonus exp" people would possibly assume its a buff that makes you gain bonus exp, but by specifiying exploration exp, you are gaining bonus to that exploration exp, just like there is gathering exp, or questing exp, or killing exp.
    The source matters, and exploration experience is experience earned through exploring.
    It has always been a thing, just few things ever reference it.
    Then why doesn't it say "when you gain exploration experience gain an additional 0%" or something. idk I don't wanna harp on this, it's just the way it's worded REALLY makes it sound like theres a new type of experience or something sry. I'm sure the tooltip will be changed before release then.

  7. #47
    Brewmaster doledippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    What is that supposed to mean? Can you start a delve and then switch characters half way through?
    i think it means your brann upgrade progress

  8. #48
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Then why doesn't it say "when you gain exploration experience gain an additional 0%" or something. idk I don't wanna harp on this, it's just the way it's worded REALLY makes it sound like theres a new type of experience or something sry. I'm sure the tooltip will be changed before release then.
    Again, it is not a new type of experience.

    it is literally a type of experience that has been in the game since vanilla.
    Quest Experience
    Kill Experience
    Explorer Experience
    Then cata added
    Gathering Experience.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Again, it is not a new type of experience.

    it is literally a type of experience that has been in the game since vanilla.
    Quest Experience
    Kill Experience
    Explorer Experience
    Then cata added
    Gathering Experience.
    Im just saying the tooltip is worded funky I know experience for exploring has always been a thing sheesh my guy

  10. #50
    Do we know how druid flight modes will work? Can you be in dynamic flight mode for your flight form and just use a non dynamic flying mount?

  11. #51
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Im just saying the tooltip is worded funky I know experience for exploring has always been a thing sheesh my guy
    No I mean that is literally what is is called, exploration experience, just like there is killing experience and quest experience. It is a TYPE of exp, that comes from exploring, but they are all experience.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Today I found out that people HATE arachnophobes.
    People were seething when Hogwarts Legacy did it, even though it was an amazing implementation

    It's crazy what people will cry about sometimes

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Do we know how druid flight modes will work? Can you be in dynamic flight mode for your flight form and just use a non dynamic flying mount?
    Presumably the toggle affects all flying mounts simultaneously, I highly doubt they will allow druids to access both styles at will

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Yes they can. Have it change to a generic npc model. Problem solved.
    Because then you'd be complaining about that and they need to give you time to recover between posts of course

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I have arachnophobia so bad I dislocated my shoulder getting out of a moving car to get away from one.
    But ingame they have zero effect on me.
    I have a salt-gun literally beside my desk and bed so I can blast the fuck out of any I see, cause fuck that, my whole body tenses up and the rare time they do get away I literally cannot sleep, missed many days of school cause I would see a spider, ask family to come kill it, it would get away, and then I would be sitting on my bed with a flash light unable to sleep all night worried it will crawl all over me in my sleep
    I definitely feel the pain. I have this same feeling with other humans. I start sweating if I have people in all 360 directions of me, in parties even family ones I have to be leaning on a wall or near a corner. I do not like going to concerts, movie theaters, big cities, venues, parties or social events of any kind. I don't like social media, pop culture, art or feel any sense of wonder for Anthropology. And just as you personally do not tend to spiders, feed them and care about them, I find it equally hard downright impossible to do volunteering, charity, humanitarian aid. ingame seeing other players does not really have an effect on me, but it would be cool to have a mode that basically filters out all other players so I do not have to see them. Agorophobia mode would be nice.

  14. #54
    Games have been doing the anti-arachnophobia thing for years. Crabs are an odd choice but it is what it is - there's an insane number of spiders to have to rework and they likely need to have them have similar hit boxes/movement.

  15. #55
    Stood in the Fire Lazerbrain's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In your head!
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1- who says it is worth money, especially a "high monetary value"

    2- again, it is one of if not the most common phobias, so yeah that is why it is "so high"
    If it makes it into the game I would call it high monetary value compared to other phobias?

    I'm not saying it has a high value compared to other features ingame.

    just want to make it super clear, im not against this feature, i was just honestly surprised.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I actually screamed during the BFA alpha when I was questing in Drustvar and entered that cave...
    If you know you know...




    Oh also fuck this cave, hate it, its not super bad, but it def made me jump when I first noticed.
    This is nearly a heart attack cave for me...

  17. #57
    I need smth like this aracnophobia switch on twitter for ishowspeed etc. Would be lovely to replace that shit with, dunno, ducks?

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Ok and what if people are afraid of crabs?

    Kabourphobia it is called.
    I'm unironically afraid of both spiders and crustaceans. That said, neither phobia has ever affected me while playing video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  19. #59
    Pandaren Monk Pakheth's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    I need smth like this aracnophobia switch on twitter for ishowspeed etc. Would be lovely to replace that shit with, dunno, ducks?
    But what about those who has anatidaephobia? D: /s

    For those who don't know it's the irrational fear that somewhere, a duck or goose is watching you, which makes Dragonflight the worst expansion for those people lol.

  20. #60

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •