Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Afraid of spiders just don't play the game.

People complaining about arachnophobia mode are plain stupid.

I have an arachnophobe in my Pathfinder group and need to take extra care not to include too many spiders in encounters, even if they make hell of a lot of sense. This expac is heavily spider-based. You definitely don't want to alienate part of the player-base or make them feel uncomfortable. Plus, CRAB PEOPLE!

Over 9000!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    "Arachnophobia Mode"

What.The.Actual.God.Damn.Fuck

What about a certain phobia, will they include it as well?
    I mean they can't address every phobia, but them addressing the most prevalent ones in WoW. Arachnophobia is probably one of the most common ones that would be affected by in game stuff. I would say that out of all the phobias, Coulrophobia would be up there but there aren't any literal clowns in game. I will also note that nobody complained in WoD when they introduced a game feature which directly addressed Agoraphobia

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    This is nearly a heart attack cave for me...
    there was another one hidden to the north in Maldraxxus. huge amount of spiders just chilling, hanging from the ceiling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Afraid of spiders just don't play the game.
    Aracnophobia is one of if not the most common Phobia.
    yeah, genius idea you got there.

Why does arachnofobia affect people even in fiction and heavily cartoonish artstyle? I can undestand being grossed and scared of real spiders or very realistic ones in movies, but wow is so fake...

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Why does arachnofobia affect people even in fiction and heavily cartoonish artstyle? I can undestand being grossed and scared of real spiders or very realistic ones in movies, but wow is so fake...
    A phobia is quite literally irrational. Sense and logic need not apply.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I respect any kind of phobia caused in real world.

I do not understand why a person would avoid treating their phobia against images of the feared trigger. Dealing with the real thing is tough and sometimes treating it's too much effort for nothing, so avoidance is best.

But if your brain shuts down on fake triggers and reacts as if they were real, you're a danger to yourself and possibly other people. You should get treatment that at least allows you to block the instinctive fear, panic, whatever symptom you have against fake triggers. As humans we are blessed with an advanced brain that allows judgement, distinction and logical thought to put fears aside. It's those qualities that allowed us to progress faster than evolution allowed, compared to animals.

As far as WoW is concerned, it's probably some worker with arachnophobia pitched this (or maybe even worked on it) and the management gladly endulged them, because marketing.
    /spit@Blizzard

Just implement hello kitty mode and make it unreversable. That way the mentally ill can have their safe space.

Obviously there is a need for it - otherwise, they would not bother(especially when the community is super awkward about pretty much everything).

TLDR: they do that, because they figured out a significant number of people are bothered by spiders.

Is there any good reason for a 5 second cast time to switch between flight types? Currently you just land and mount the appropriate type of mount. After this you have a 5 second flight type cast then remount. I can't personally think of a reason that switching flight type quickly would cause any issues that it would warrant a 5 second cast.

Quote Originally Posted by leothar View Post
    I have a friend who is deathly afraid of spiders and I'm very happy for him! He has in the past not been able to be in certain parts of the game.
    They probably should seek professional help. its a video game its NOT REAL!!!! Imagine if you will being so scared of something that you cant even play a video game because its in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I respect any kind of phobia caused in real world.

I do not understand why a person would avoid treating their phobia against images of the feared trigger. Dealing with the real thing is tough and sometimes treating it's too much effort for nothing, so avoidance is best.

But if your brain shuts down on fake triggers and reacts as if they were real, you're a danger to yourself and possibly other people. You should get treatment that at least allows you to block the instinctive fear, panic, whatever symptom you have against fake triggers. As humans we are blessed with an advanced brain that allows judgement, distinction and logical thought to put fears aside. It's those qualities that allowed us to progress faster than evolution allowed, compared to animals.

As far as WoW is concerned, it's probably some worker with arachnophobia pitched this (or maybe even worked on it) and the management gladly endulged them, because marketing.
    100% idk how people can be scared of something in the virtual world. These people should seek professional help before playing any games their priorities are not in the correct order.

Over 9000!
    7+ Year Old Account
    The amount of fucking selfish people in this thread is insane. We get it; you don’t mind spiders. But guess what? Other people are genuinely terrified of them. So how about you all stop complaining about a feature you won’t fucking use, and accept that it will actually help people with that condition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyle89 View Post
    They probably should seek professional help. its a video game its NOT REAL!!!! Imagine if you will being so scared of something that you cant even play a video game because its in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

100% idk how people can be scared of something in the virtual world. These people should seek professional help before playing any games their priorities are not in the correct order.
    So because you personally don’t understand it, they just shouldn’t play the game and should get professional help? What a selfish thing to say. Touch grass.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    The amount of fucking selfish people in this thread is insane. We get it; you don’t mind spiders. But guess what? Other people are genuinely terrified of them. So how about you all stop complaining about a feature you won’t fucking use, and accept that it will actually help people with that condition.

- - - Updated - - -

So because you personally don’t understand it, they just shouldn’t play the game and should get professional help? What a selfish thing to say. Touch grass.
    What I don't understand is the fear of pixels i understand the fear of spiders not pixels tho. The reason I said one should get help is because they lack the basic human function of differentiating the difference between fake and real which is a real concern. Being scared of a real spider is one thing but to allow that fear to impead into a virtual world is different.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder how these people feel about the REAL spider mount that was in the game https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Spider_mounts!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It really is amazing to see how many people don't actually know what a phobia even is. Not at all surprising that these people are all too happy to judge/mock, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    What I don't understand is the fear of pixels i understand the fear of spiders not pixels tho. The reason I said one should get help is because they lack the basic human function of differentiating the difference between fake and real which is a real concern. Being scared of a real spider is one thing but to allow that fear to impead into a virtual world is different.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder how these people feel about the REAL spider mount that was in the game https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Spider_mounts!!!!
    I don't understand how people get scared by horror movies, it is just pixels, it is not real, how do people get scared of horror movies, it's not real.

I do not understand people who proudly announce they do not understand something and then go on to judge people by it anyway. But here we are.

Is it that hard to understand that anxieties can be triggered by litterally anything and that the person going through it can not control it?

There is an area in TTW that is filled to the brim with a race that can trigger a very common phobia so it is great that they give people an option. It affects them positively and it doesn't affect you at all that the option is there.

Over 9000!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I don't understand how people get scared by horror movies, it is just pixels, it is not real, how do people get scared of horror movies, it's not real.
    even if people don't understand how others get scared, is it really our place to judge them? I'm not scared of spiders, but I have friends who are. Found that out the hard way, and since I am not a complete asshole I don't taunt them with spider stuff

If someone has a phobia that is triggered by a video game they should seek professional help. instead of being catered and coddled. Honestly, they shouldn't play a video game if they're triggered by the pixels and or fake animations, they have bigger things in their life they need to worry about. NORMAL people can tell the difference between fake and real animated and real pixels and real. Catering to someone's mental illness doesn't help them it actually impacts them in a negative way.

They need to add a homophobia mode to block the rainbow eyesore BC questgear transmogs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

If someone has a phobia that is triggered by a video game they should seek professional help. instead of being catered and coddled. Honestly, they shouldn't play a video game if they're triggered by the pixels and or fake animations, they have bigger things in their life they need to worry about. NORMAL people can tell the difference between fake and real animated and real pixels and real. Catering to someone's mental illness doesn't help them it actually impacts them in a negative way.
    You ok bro. You seem pretty triggered for a NORMAL person. Are you triggered by the pixels in this forum? Maybe you should seek proffesional help. It sounds like you have bigger problems in life. You should not be on a forum if you triggered by letters, there are bigger things in life you should worry about.
    NORMAL people know that other people might have irrational fears and will respect that. Because we are human beings and deserve to be treated as such.

Catering to peoples judgemental and infalted ego's doesn't help them, it actually impacts them in a negative way.