Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The War Within Alpha - Press Kit and Collector's Edition

World of Warcraft: The War Within Alpha - Press Kit
    The Press Kit has been updated with some new screenshots and information about the collector's edition!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Some see visions of resplendent light, while others are taunted with ominous warnings from the shadows. One thing is clear: something is coming, as a sinister threat rises from within Azeroth itself. World of Warcraft®: The War Within™ is the first installment of the new Worldsoul Saga™, an ambitious creative endeavor for the Warcraft universe. Deep beneath the surface, an ancient nerubian civilization is rising to power, aided by Xal'atath, the Harbinger of the Void first introduced in the Legion™ expansion. Players will need to enlist the aid of the Earthen, a new allied race available to both Horde and Alliance players, as they journey to the new level cap of 80 and make their way deeper and discover an entirely new world that has existed for centuries and whose denizens are preparing for conflicts that loom on the horizon.

• One physical collector’s edition, two big moments - A beautiful, limited collector’s edition will be available for pre-order starting April 17, celebrating The War Within and WoW’s 20th anniversary! The CE will include a gorgeous art book, collectible pin, the Epic edition of the game and all its digital bonuses, and a special 20th anniversary Gryphon Rider statue. Information on pricing and where to purchase can be found on the War Within website: https://thewarwithin.blizzard.com/en-us/
    • Forge new bonds with the denizens of the deep - As players progress through the main campaign, they’ll meet the Earthen that have made the Isle of Dorn and the zones beneath it their home. The Earthen will be a new allied race available to both Alliance and Horde players.
    • New endgame pillar for world content players - Opportunities abound for adventurers looking to explore the secrets below the surface in search of great treasure. Delves are scalable world instances for 1-5 players which provide meaningful gear progression that will contribute to a new reward track in the Great Vault for world content players.
    • Live out your class fantasy - New Hero Talents for each class specialization will provide players a way to progress their characters with evergreen self-contained talent trees that also infuse class fantasy flavor inspired by iconic Warcraft universe archetypes.
    • Expand the potential of your alts - With Warbands, players can enjoy account-wide progression with all characters in their Battle.net® account, regardless of faction, that includes shared War Within™ renown, a warband bank, achievements, and more! Additionally, a new change to transmog collection will let players learn the appearance of any gear type, even if they cannot equip it!

Collector's Edition
    The War Within Collector's Edition will include:

• Art book
    • Collectable pin
    • Epic Edition The War Within
    • Gryphon Rider statue

Alleria / Anduin / Xalatath

The War Within Alpha - Earthen Allied Race

The War Within Alpha - Dynamic Flying / Warbands

The War Within Alpha - Zone Screenshots

The War Within Alpha - Deephaul Ravine Screenshots

The War Within Alpha - Delve Screenshots

The War Within Alpha - Nerub'ar Palace Raid Screenshots

The War Within Alpha - Dungeon Screenshots

15+ Year Old Account
    €200 for the CE, not even including shipping... fuck me sideways :/ I really like the artbooks in these (I have 5 WoW CE's) but urgh, it's getting hellish expensive, so I'll have to pass. That statue would have been nice with my Ragnaros one though!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    €200 for the CE, not even including shipping... fuck me sideways :/ I really like the artbooks in these (I have 5 WoW CE's) but urgh, it's getting hellish expensive, so I'll have to pass. That statue would have been nice with my Ragnaros one though!
    Can't but wonder why they stopped using third party retailers.

I pre-order a CE a little bit more expensive then i frist thought, but hey if you are a collector you are.

But i just wonder i already got the epic edition from the in-game shop so my question is if i redeem the code from the box will that be added to my b-net balance instead or will it be wasted/i can give the code away to a friend etc instead?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    I pre-order a CE a little bit more expensive then i frist thought, but hey if you are a collector you are.

But i just wonder i already got the epic edition from the in-game shop so my question is if i redeem the code from the box will that be added to my b-net balance instead or will it be wasted/i can give the code away to a friend etc instead?
    I believe you can contact support about this and they'll possibly refund you the price of the epic edition as battle.net balance, or let you give it to someone else... I'm not 100% sure but I vaguely remember other people with the same query getting battle.net balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Can't but wonder why they stopped using third party retailers.
    I assume it's because it makes them more money, but that is merely an assumption.

I do hope they ship them in boxes this time though, as many Europeans got their DF CE in a plastic bag...

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked the shipping cost to Belgium, from the EU Gear Store, and it's €41 for Standard shipping and €114 for Express shipping... you have to be out of your mind?!

I'm wondering why shipping prices in Europe are so different? Someone from Denmark got 100 euro, me in Poland 41 euro and UK have £7. That's totally stupid. Retailers were much better as they have very cheap shipping. If I got to pay 100 euro for shipping I would not buy the CE.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who hasn't pre-ordered a collector's edition, what is the general timeline for when you can expect to receive things? For digital portions of it, like the expansion key and digital deluxe rewards do you get those separately in an email or do you have to wait until whenever you get the full physical package?

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    As someone who hasn't pre-ordered a collector's edition, what is the general timeline for when you can expect to receive things? For digital portions of it, like the expansion key and digital deluxe rewards do you get those separately in an email or do you have to wait until whenever you get the full physical package?
    It does not ship usually until the day of the expansions release, and depending on where you are it can be 3-5 business days, or up to 2 weeks or maybe even more, depends on the time of year and how far you are from the shipping location.

The statue is in the same style as the Ragnaros one from the classic launch which is very nice.
    IIRC that costed me 110 euros (local retailer preorder), but hey it was 5 years ago and this one includes the expansion and 3 months of sub. Nvm it's only 1 month.
    Last edited by kranur; 2024-04-17 at 06:46 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    It does not ship usually until the day of the expansions release, and depending on where you are it can be 3-5 business days, or up to 2 weeks or maybe even more, depends on the time of year and how far you are from the shipping location.
    So then do they send you an email or something with the game key info in it so you can actually play the expansion, including early access in this situation, or are you just kind SOL and need to also (re) purchase the digital edition if you want access to those benefits early?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    The statue is in the same style as the Ragnaros one from the classic launch which is very nice.
    IIRC that costed me 110 euros (local retailer preorder), but hey it was 5 years ago and this one includes the expansion and 3 months of sub.
    You get 1 month not 3 months.
    "His name was Gambit. Remember it."
    "We've come to die for the Dragon Queen Rhaenyra."

15+ Year Old Account
    So then do they send you an email or something with the game key info in it so you can actually play the expansion, including early access in this situation, or are you just kind SOL and need to also (re) purchase the digital edition if you want access to those benefits early?
    The latter, you don't get any details until you open the box, at least that's how it's been in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Civciv View Post
    You get 1 month not 3 months.
    Yeah was just about to edit .. the 3 is just the note. Still, since the 15th anniversary did not include an expansion, it's about the same price as that ... If they don't send it to retailers tho, shipping will be a robbery for EU people.

So here is a fun fact.

You will need to purchase the digital edition to get all that early, however once your phsyical edition arrives, you can put in a ticket and you can get your digital edition refunded to your bnet account. Sadly this is the only option.

I prefer when these phsyical collector editions do not include the game, therefore you do not have to do that process above.
    But I mean, you can go to this thread and see Luthorite and his cronies demanding the collector editions include the game, because not including the game is anti-consumer, even though including the game is ACTUALLY anti-consumer.
    Cause apparently I am a blizzdrone cocksucker because I think having to buy the game twice is in fact anti-consumer, and only having to buy the game once is consumer friendly, while apparently everyone else "correctly" thinks the opposite.

idk mate, I am so tired.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So here is a fun fact.

You will need to purchase the digital edition to get all that early, however once your phsyical edition arrives, you can put in a ticket and you can get your digital edition refunded to your bnet account. Sadly this is the only option.

I prefer when these phsyical collector editions do not include the game, therefore you do not have to do that process above.
    But I mean, you can go to this thread and see Luthorite and his cronies demanding the collector editions include the game, because not including the game is anti-consumer, even though including the game is ACTUALLY anti-consumer.
    Cause apparently I am a blizzdrone cocksucker because I think having to buy the game twice is in fact anti-consumer, and only having to buy the game once is consumer friendly, while apparently everyone else "correctly" thinks the opposite.

idk mate, I am so tired.
    That's annoying that's the way it is handled, though I can understand why both sides feel the way they do.

In a perfect world I think your order confirmation email including an activation link for those digital bonuses that can be used now is the most consumer friendly option. Or better yet give people an option to purchase the physical collector's edition directly through the battlenet store client instead of through their gear/merchandise website so it's tied directly to you account from the second you hit confirm purchase.

I would definitely prefer keeping them separated instead of the current setup though if blizz isn't willing to consider the above
    Last edited by Siraeyou; 2024-04-17 at 07:13 PM.

God the new allied race looks soo bad, like sooo bad. Why are we getting reskinned dwarves AGAIN?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    God the new allied race looks soo bad, like sooo bad. Why are we getting reskinned dwarves AGAIN?!?!
    We are getting body type 2s with beard. Be thankful.

Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In Canada I got my DF one like 10 days before launch with no shipping update it just shows up at my door.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    We are getting body type 2s with beard. Be thankful.
    instead i think im gonna be sick

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame I dont play WoW anymore cos I frikkin love that Statue... especially as a huge dwarf fan.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance