Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    Again, beyond assumption, we do not know what they are
    yeah, im saying i hope isn't something dumb like "the missing link", and its just another critter

  2. #22
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the lore is that dark trolls -> night elves

    not that dark trolls -> this fucked up thing -> night elves

    Its not even a good retcon, because these fucks don't look anything like trolls, while you can see how night elves look like trolls
    I think that it might say in chronicles that after finding the well of eternity some of the dark trolls moved on after some time and went back to there underground tunnels and stayed there.

    It wouldn’t actually be a retcon for these to be the trolls that went back under while they were part way through changing into elves and if they had stayed they would just be full elfs as we don’t know if it was a generational change or one that could be seen in one life span like the high elf change was.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  3. #23
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I think that it might say in chronicles that after finding the well of eternity some of the dark trolls moved on after some time and went back to there underground tunnels and stayed there.

    It wouldn’t actually be a retcon for these to be the trolls that went back under while they were part way through changing into elves and if they had stayed they would just be full elfs as we don’t know if it was a generational change or one that could be seen in one life span like the high elf change was.
    Again, my problem with this lies in the fact they don't have a single troll-ish characteristic besides the big pointy ear that is more elven than trollish.

    A missing link should have BOTH races traits, i would expect this one to be if they have like 3 fingers instead of 5, showing the "evolution" happening

  4. #24
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Again, my problem with this lies in the fact they don't have a single troll-ish characteristic besides the big pointy ear that is more elven than trollish.

    A missing link should have BOTH races traits, i would expect this one to be if they have like 3 fingers instead of 5, showing the "evolution" happening
    They do also have some tusks opinions and I believe I saw some one say they have an alternate foot model with a dew claw, not that I’ve seen a pic of it.

    But other wise ya if they are suppose to be a missing link and a playable one they absolutely need more troll bits what they have now isn’t enough.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the lore is that dark trolls -> night elves

    not that dark trolls -> this fucked up thing -> night elves

    Its not even a good retcon, because these fucks don't look anything like trolls, while you can see how night elves look like trolls
    nelves evolved from trolls,this didnt happen instantly, it happened gradually going through many changes, these harronir are probably between trolls and the nelf final form

  6. #26
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    nelves evolved from trolls,this didnt happen instantly, it happened gradually going through many changes, these harronir are probably between trolls and the nelf final form
    We don't know if it was instantly or not, we don't know how the wheel magic affect then, what im saying here is its more logically that trolls turn into night elves, than then turning into these weird things THEN turn into night elves, these are totally different from trolls to be a "gradually change" like you mention.

  7. #27
    I am not digging the whole porcupine quill look. Hell the damn things are coming out of their ears, and they all in their hair. Ugly atrocity for sure. I should hope Blizz is not thinking of making this a playable race in the future. But knowing my luck I bet they will.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    We don't know if it was instantly or not, we don't know how the wheel magic affect then, what im saying here is its more logically that trolls turn into night elves, than then turning into these weird things THEN turn into night elves, these are totally different from trolls to be a "gradually change" like you mention.
    You’re wrong. Until proven otherwise, it's more logical to assume a natural evolution took place over time.

  9. #29
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    I am not digging the whole porcupine quill look. Hell the damn things are coming out of their ears, and they all in their hair. Ugly atrocity for sure. I should hope Blizz is not thinking of making this a playable race in the future. But knowing my luck I bet they will.
    Ye, not feeling it either.

    Looking at some people say AR. Idk why I would want this instead of options we know and are unavailable to us.

    This is just something completely new, which I franky dont care about when talking about allied races in that sense.

  10. #30
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    You’re wrong. Until proven otherwise, it's more logical to assume a natural evolution took place over time.

    You are wrong about being a "natural" evolution, because they are changed "artificially" by the wheel of eternity, that accelerate the process of evolution.

    Yes, it is logical to assume a natural evolution took place over time(with the wheel's help). What im telling you is, there is more natural evolution signs that close relate trolls to night elves, than trolls to those things.

    It makes more sense, basing on their looks, that trolls turn into night elves, because they look alike, than trolls turning into those monstrosities, that DON'T LOOK LIKE TROLLS, THEN turning into night elves.

    I would agre with this "natural evolution" and they being the "in between" phase of evolution, if they looked more like trolls than a weird satyr mix with elves.
    Besides, YOU are wrong about

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •