Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Show Me Your Moves Achievement Soloable in Patch 10.2.6

    Show Me Your Moves Achievement Soloable in Patch 10.2.6
    The achievement Show Me Your Moves! is finally soloable after many years, being discovered as a hidden change in Patch 10.2.6. Thanks to Micwini from the Achievements Discord for the notice!

    To prevent overlapping Devastating Combos, players have to use an ability or pet to tank the bosses away from one another. This can be done on the following classes:



    Show Me Your Moves Achievement Guide
    To complete Show Me Your Moves!, players have to dodge the five attacks from the Devastating Combo, use the Opportunistic Strike extra action button on any boss, and then complete the encounter.

    NamePointsCategory
    Show Me Your Moves!Defeat the Will of the Emperor in Mogu'shan Vaults on Normal or Heroic difficulty after all members of the raid execute an Opportunistic Strike on the same construct within a single Unbalanced phase.
    10Pandaria Raid

    Devastating Combo
    Devastating Combo consists of five attacks in a random order of the following spells:
    • Devastating Arc - The boss strikes in a 25-yards hemispherical area to the left, right, or in the front of them.
      • How to avoid: Move away from the indicated blue slashes!
    • Stomp - The boss stomps the ground, damaging and stunning players within 12 yards.
      • How to avoid: Move away from the boss; however, not to far away to avoid getting pulled back in!

    Opportunistic Strike


    Achievement Tips
    • There is no time limit; take your time to learn the Devastating Combo attacks and how to dodge them.
    • Target yourself to prevent autoattacking the bosses by mistake and one-shotting them on high level characters.
    • You can teleport out quickly by using Garrison Hearthstone or Dalaran Hearthstone (5 second cast).
    • Set the Max Camera Distance to 2.6 with the Advanced Interface Options Addon or the following command:
      • /console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6
    Last edited by Lumy; 2024-04-20 at 09:20 PM.

  2. #2
    I mean this is cool and all, but front-page of MMOC cool? idk lol

  3. #3
    Im guessing we ran out of alpha news to post.

  4. #4
    christ, people can't find a friend in the entire wow userbase to do this achievement with? are people really so averse to playing with other people in a MMO? SMH.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    I mean this is cool and all, but front-page of MMOC cool? idk lol
    Many achievement hunters wanted to get this achievement for a long time and now it's possible solo, something that has been requested for a long time.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Aurabolt's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,595
    Basically, you use classes that have a pet or object that can hold threat for one boss or the other. You have your pet/object taunt one boss but order it not to attack and just keep an eye on its health while you work on the other one. Assuming you're overleveled when you attempt, the tricky part is not killing the bosses before you're supposed to.

    You dodge five scripted attacks to trigger an Opportunistic Strike and then you can complete the encounter =)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    christ, people can't find a friend in the entire wow userbase to do this achievement with? are people really so averse to playing with other people in a MMO? SMH.
    This achievement couldn't be done in less than 10 players until this patch. It was probably one of the hardest achievements ever since it required a lot of synchronization.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2024-04-20 at 10:49 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Many achievement hunters wanted to get this achievement for a long time and now it's possible solo, something that has been requested for a long time.
    I'm an achievement hunter (41k points) and I got this achieve years ago. I did not get it when content was current, but I had to make a group that got it years later. I feel like any true achievement hunter has this done long ago I mean it's 12 years old lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    This achievement couldn't be done in less than 10 players until this patch. It was probably one of the hardest achievements ever since it required a lot of synchronization.
    Hardest ever? idk about all that lol

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Hardest ever? idk about all that lol
    Probably at least one of the hardest in terms of finding enough people interested in doing the achievement while not screwing it up after MoP ended. Considering it's a raid boss encounter, you don't get a do-over if someone kills the boss accidentally before getting the requirements done. I think there's other acheivements that are more technically difficult after their relevant raids faded... but they usually can be done solo (so one can only blame themselves if they fail) or requires less bodies to get done.

    I also got it a long time ago, but it was when the raid was the current content and getting interested people involved was easy enough. I think there were way more difficult achievements to get done when they were current content... in fact, I have a lot of memories of people screwing up achievement when their respective raids were current content. Doing TotGC 25man with 50 attempts and no deaths was paaaaainful because we had one hunter who refused to position correctly on the last boss because he wanted to do more DPS, dying several weeks in a row before we finally got the achievement. Actually, most achievements that require no deaths always ended up being the harder ones for me because there's always that one 'special' person who can't follow directions, gets greedy, and dies.

    Anyways, it's a good change at this point. Not major, but a good QoL change for achievement hunters.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Many achievement hunters wanted to get this achievement for a long time and now it's possible solo, something that has been requested for a long time.
    I dunno.
    If you are real achievement hunter you would just find a group for it instead just getting this for free.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    christ, people can't find a friend in the entire wow userbase to do this achievement with? are people really so averse to playing with other people in a MMO? SMH.
    It required a full raid doing the dance correctly without accidentally killing the boss - you couldn't just walk in with a friend and do it and finding a group was a nightmare.
    For someone trying to criticize people for being anti-social, you're quick to spew vitriol without having a clue what you're talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I dunno.
    If you are real achievement hunter you would just find a group for it instead just getting this for free.
    This is a rich take too.
    Nothing has trivialized achievments more than people making groups to cheese their way to things in places like the discord. I'm not sure that's the sign of a "TRVE ACHIEVMENT HUNTER". Meanwhile the challenge of this remains the same whether you're in a group of 1 or 20 unless you got it when the content was actually current and hard - the only people with any right to be getting on their high horse over this one are the people that got it in early MOP.
    Last edited by Nagarkhan; 2024-04-21 at 10:01 AM.

  12. #12
    Be great if they made all old content truly soloable... Blizz so rarely does anything with regards to old mechanics.

  13. #13
    Legendary! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    6,213
    It may not look like much, but this is BIG news. This achievement was so difficult that it was regarded as impossible.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    christ, people can't find a friend in the entire wow userbase to do this achievement with? are people really so averse to playing with other people in a MMO? SMH.
    My man, you don't need a friend. You need NINE. Either you have 10 people or you get nothing. And even if it is MoP content, all of the participants need to have flawless communication, coordination and execution. All against a boss that is made of wet paper today and that can die in a single misclick.
    Also add that the achievement is virtually useless since it was removed from the MoP raid meta because of how incredibly difficult it was. This means that finding 10 people willing to waste 2-3 hours on a boss from seventy expansions ago just to get a standalone badge is a nightmarish task.

    Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. There are way too many bosses/achievements from the past that are still not soloable.

  14. #14
    OMFG!

    Been leading so many groups over the years. It makes me happy and sad to see my niché field go away.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    I'm an achievement hunter (41k points) and I got this achieve years ago. I did not get it when content was current, but I had to make a group that got it years later. I feel like any true achievement hunter has this done long ago I mean it's 12 years old lol

    - - - Updated - - -



    Hardest ever? idk about all that lol
    Been helping atleast 50 people getting this(tons of nerd scream). On average it took 2-3hrs per group. Some Discord channel ran 10x10 people groups at the same time. Only 2 groups managed it, the rest fell apart.

    You really can't replace people either, as it takes experience and you would basicly start over each time. You would also need multiple alts, if somebody would kill the boss(which is expected). And you need atleast a handful of druids for roar and monks/DHs for reset.

    I can with all confidence call it the hardest raid acheivement ever(it even got me hooked).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    christ, people can't find a friend in the entire wow userbase to do this achievement with? are people really so averse to playing with other people in a MMO? SMH.
    There would be more people, if it had a mount tied to it. It's just plain 10 achievements points for the most hardcore collector(not anymore obviously).
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2024-04-21 at 11:16 AM.

  15. #15
    As somebody who kinda gave up on retail wow now, any real achivement hunter knew this was the hardest raid achivement to get in WoW. Before DF I peaked at top 1000 world. When you inspected some insane nerd (like myself) you always looked quickly through the same tabs...Does he have khan (I dont), when did he do battlemaster (It was easier years ago, I did it then), does he have show me your moves...Like dates is what truely defines such achivement hunters who really are next-level...

    Oh well Im done with it. Not fun anymore or worth it going hard on retail. Every patch that comes out just becomes a checklist in google docs...And my document was 4-5 pages long still noting what I dont have or should work towards...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    As somebody who kinda gave up on retail wow now, any real achivement hunter knew this was the hardest raid achivement to get in WoW. Before DF I peaked at top 1000 world. When you inspected some insane nerd (like myself) you always looked quickly through the same tabs...Does he have khan (I dont), when did he do battlemaster (It was easier years ago, I did it then), does he have show me your moves...Like dates is what truely defines such achivement hunters who really are next-level...

    Oh well Im done with it. Not fun anymore or worth it going hard on retail. Every patch that comes out just becomes a checklist in google docs...And my document was 4-5 pages long still noting what I dont have or should work towards...
    Hahaha, I get it

    Some person would have 6x more achievments than me. But did he earn Show Me Your Moves?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I dunno.
    If you are real achievement hunter you would just find a group for it instead just getting this for free.
    I have almost all achievements in the game (99.5% completed) and I can accurately tell you that very few groups were successful in obtaining this achievement in the last few years. Even with achievement communities and helper groups being formed every week, very rarely people would end up getting the achievement.

    Most of the time someone would end up one-shotting the boss with a melee autoattack, locking everyone out for the week. In other cases, people would give up after 1 or 2 hours of attempts, get tired, bored of waiting to refill the group, etc. This achievement change is actually really good.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Been helping atleast 50 people getting this(tons of nerd scream). On average it took 2-3hrs per group. Some Discord channel ran 10x10 people groups at the same time. Only 2 groups managed it, the rest fell apart.

    You really can't replace people either, as it takes experience and you would basicly start over each time. You would also need multiple alts, if somebody would kill the boss(which is expected). And you need atleast a handful of druids for roar and monks/DHs for reset.

    I can with all confidence call it the hardest raid acheivement ever(it even got me hooked).
    Alright I will concede I didn't know this achieve was so notorious for a lot of people. I got it in 2014 like I said after it was current content, and I don't recall any specific memories about it being more annoying/hard than many others I have created groups/circumstances for, but maybe I just got lucky (or my memory is giving out lol). I remember creating a group for it there was a website dedicated to creating groups for random achievement shit back in the day that I remember using to organize a group I think it took two weeks iirc cuz we messed up first try and had to come back, but other than that idr too much about it.

  19. #19
    Man, my dinky little guild managed to do this when it was current and still part of the meta. We didn't feel it was that hard to pull off then and its defiantly not one of the hardest achievements there is.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    I have almost all achievements in the game (99.5% completed).
    How many points do you have? Can you link your profile? 99.5 is insane

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •