Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    The only ones who can get banned/suspended are the boosters.

    Service providers can get banned for the following:
    - Advertisement on a non-participating character.
    - Advertisement in Trade, or any other channel that isn't the 'Trade (Services)' channel.
    - Kicking buyer after payment without letting them get the kill.
    I don't know about the first two points, but the 3rd point is not bannable and I can personally confirm this situation has happened to me and the GM wrote me that they won't do anything about it.

  2. #22
    Just because someone forgets to ask about payment doesn't mean you can just walk...
    Sure, not asking for payment upfront is a good way to miss out on money. Doesn't make the act any less than it is.

    Do I think he should be banned by blizzard? No...
    Banned from the boosting service? I wouldn't see why someone basically doing a dine and dash would be welcome there.

    Mass-reporting to get someone banned is another issue. But getting an entire community after him was kind off a dumb move.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2024-04-24 at 10:15 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    If you join a boosting run and the boosters forgot to ask for payment before the kill, would that person that got boosted and didn't pay get banned? Cheers
    I doubt it, that's on the booster, lol.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Its like drug dealers. You can go rob any drug dealer you want and what are they gonna do run to the cops? lol
    Nah its the tweakers and users you rob. What are they going to do? "Help I was meth'd out and someone took my phone and wallet".

  5. #25
    I think that depends on whether the payment has been agreed on in chat, otherwise the booster can't do jack.

  6. #26
    Strictly speaking, no. He can claim he 'forgot' and just logged off after the kill as he had real life issues. Boosters almost always collect payment before the run even begins. Buyers getting scammed is a lot more common than boosters.

    The only real possibility is mass reporting, but boosters churn through so many people they've probably just chalked it up. Given how odd their scheme was, perhaps they're new and they will care, but in that case they probably don't have the numbers to trigger a mass report.

    If you do end up with the auto-ban, it'll be fairly short, can just appeal it for gametime credit back.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    3,534
    I can tell you right now if I got anything from these scums for free I would take it and laugh at them.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Nah its the tweakers and users you rob. What are they going to do? "Help I was meth'd out and someone took my phone and wallet".
    I mean...


    por que no los dos?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    I opened a couple tickets in the past several weeks and both were answered by a real person and within 24 hours (one was answered in 3 hours) idk why everybody says blizz CS is all automated just bc of the mass report feature.

    If OP or his friend gets banned cuz of mass report just open a ticket and explain and you should get unbanned pretty promptly
    The reason people say CS is automated is because the number one thing players want CS to answer is why they got banned. (Spoiler: It's always because the player was a shithead.) Since the answer to this question is always the same, it's automated.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    No, my guildie went in to a HC Fyrakk boost for the curve/mount skin but they never asked for payment until after the kill. Once they killed it he logged off. Naughty of him I know but now he’s thinking he’ll get mass reported and banned.
    Sick move on your buddy's part but he didn't do anything wrong. The number one rule of boosting is that you get paid in advance. If the guild failed to manage the one rule of boosting, it's on them not the player.

    Personally, I'd pay anyway if I found myself in that situation but that's just because I dislike taking advantage of other people's stupidity. To each their own.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Its like drug dealers. You can go rob any drug dealer you want and what are they gonna do run to the cops? lol
    Grab a few friends and brutalize you in an alley?


  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I am pretty sure that you can't actually get BANNED by being mass reported and that all "reports" of people about it were either fake or had a lot more going to it than just that. The mass reporting stuff is absolutely real, but what happens is that you get MUTED, so you are unable to chat with people except in whispers for a few days.
    Didn't Asmongold do this on a live stream where he said "I love wow" and all the folks in his raidreported him and he got banned? Didn't we just have a story (Wowhead) where a Hunter got a ban due to mass report because he pet's name was the default name? Something like Carrion and they posted the ban reason which stated Pet name was Carrion

  12. #32
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    27,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Didn't Asmongold do this on a live stream where he said "I love wow" and all the folks in his raidreported him and he got banned? Didn't we just have a story (Wowhead) where a Hunter got a ban due to mass report because he pet's name was the default name? Something like Carrion and they posted the ban reason which stated Pet name was Carrion
    He was not banned, he was kicked offline. Able to log right back on, and was muted.

    The other guy was banned but that was because he had many punishments in the past. So the auto kick became a temp ban till a gm was able to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Grab a few friends and brutalize you in an alley?

    I mean just don't go into alleys? 5head

  14. #34
    You beat around the bush; if you are a scammer you will be treated like a scammer end off; you will not be saved by using technical tricks that "theoretically makes it allowed".

    The rest of the community will attack you like a scammer; if you do something very serious they will easily spread your tag and name everywhere; reputation destroyed.

    Unless you only care to have an character with no friends that barely logs on; that's not what World of Wacraft is about; go to a random FFA FPS game for that.

  15. #35
    Given how much gold the boosters are making I doubt they would care if one guy slipped through the cracks. The time spent raging over one guy and bending over backwards to screw him over would be better spent advertising in cities to set up more runs, or levelling and gearing alts to do more runs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Just because someone forgets to ask about payment doesn't mean you can just walk...
    Sure, not asking for payment upfront is a good way to miss out on money. Doesn't make the act any less than it is.
    Also this. There is an implicit agreement here that these people didn't spend all this tine and effort levelling and gearing up characters and organizing groups and learning the fights and spending several hours every week carrying people for free. You should do the thing you say you're going to do. He could still pay him after the fact.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    time spent raging over one guy and bending over backwards to screw him over would be better spent
    You assume it's hard to destroy your reputation if you scam them. Those communities have entire programmatic systems to automate everything; one of those automations is to ban you from their communities; the attack they can inflict can go much further than that.

    And sometimes it's very good for the game; don't try to scam people on a technicality; that's what some shady lawyers do in "real" life (gaming is real life too (it's your real life at the time you're gaming[people don't want scammers in their life])).

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    If you join a boosting run and the boosters forgot to ask for payment before the kill, would that person that got boosted and didn't pay get banned? Cheers
    used to be part of a big boosting grp for 3 expansions,we never had this issue pop up lol,but even if it did,we wouldnt have cared,having a good rep was way more important than one person not paying lol,we even gave some for free and discounts,if you bring people you get one free etc

    and ofc blizzard cant ban him for it,unless of a mass report maybe...but i doubt any boosting service would be that petty

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I can tell you right now if I got anything from these scums for free I would take it and laugh at them.
    why are people scums for using the easiest and best way to make gold lol,you sound bitter,every decent guild does this for gold

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Didn't Asmongold do this on a live stream where he said "I love wow" and all the folks in his raidreported him and he got banned? Didn't we just have a story (Wowhead) where a Hunter got a ban due to mass report because he pet's name was the default name? Something like Carrion and they posted the ban reason which stated Pet name was Carrion
    Asmongold was only muted. Same thing happened with everyone else who tried it ingame like Staysafe.

    Basically, this whole story of people being mass reported and then automatically BANNED is either fake or at least unverified. There are probably ways how someone else can get you banned (like buying gold or services for real money for that player), but the automated report system is really just there to deal with spam so they are only doing mutes and not actualy bans.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    used to be part of a big boosting grp for 3 expansions,we never had this issue pop up lol,but even if it did,we wouldnt have cared,having a good rep was way more important than one person not paying lol,we even gave some for free and discounts,if you bring people you get one free etc

    and ofc blizzard cant ban him for it,unless of a mass report maybe...but i doubt any boosting service would be that petty

    - - - Updated - - -



    why are people scums for using the easiest and best way to make gold lol,you sound bitter,every decent guild does this for gold
    Yeah I have the same experience with boosters (those legit and known groups), but as a customer. Just a very good experience overall with the middlemen being helpful, giving you discounts if you ask them etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •