Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    With Retail WoW being pretty much dead, and me not being interested in either Pandaland nor the coming Cataclysm, I thought to give D4 another chance in S4. So I leveled a character to level 36 and...got bored. Then I tried another character, leveled it to 35 and...got bored.

    This game is just #$%^ing BORING. Like...THIS is the major issue with the game, it gets repetitive and boring really fast, it's not the loot and everything else that Youtubers are yapping about in 20 min long videos, and that the devs spent a year trying to fix.

    The game is designed for mega casual dads with 3 jobs, 2 wives and 10 kids, and who only get to play a few hours per week, and also for gambling addicts. And yes, if played in small bursts of maybe 2 hours per day or simply because seeing those yellow and orange colors on the ground gives you a hardon, it can be enjoyable, but if you're a real gamer who plays games for like 6 hours every day and doesn't have a gambling addiction, D4 just gets very repetitive and boring very fast.

    There is nothing that can be fixed here, the gameplay itself it just bad.
    Says someone who lvld to 35 and quit. Made me laugh atleast.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm not sure what other one-shots you may be referring to on Maiden. Nothing except the fire ring should ever one-shot you, unless you're somehow SEVERELY underleveled or undergeared, which doesn't really count does it.

    It's a little weird that you're saying all this from the perspective of a minion Necro, ngl. That spec is so OP right now - especially before super-late endgame - that it seems suspicious that you would struggle with it. Maybe the problem lies somewhere else?

    When people talk about "one-shots" that usually implies some kind of reasonable baseline - i.e. it'd one-shot a reasonably leveled, reasonably geared character. Not that you couldn't EVER be one-shot by ANYTHING even if you're a naked lvl 1 running around doing lvl 200 uber bosses (to give an obviously ridiculous example).
    I dont struggle. I stand in one place, without even finger on keyboard or mouse. Everything evaporates the second it is spawned. When maiden spawns i run around collecting loot and shards while she dies. Rinse and repeat.
    I never said i lack dmg. Still, maiden abilities hurts, they actually dont one shot me, 2 shots everytime if i get caught by 2 skills in very short succession or at the same time. And it is very, very easy when at one time maiden is fought by 5 players, half of them run like chickens and drop aoe everywhere, hellborns spawned drop their skills (which are pathetic but still does some dmg), maiden has autoattack self guiding missiles, sometimes even fire drop from the sky, because, u know, helltides.
    That is ofcouse, if maiden dont get insta gibbed. Because, as i said previously, now players have one shots too, due to op buffs to everything.

    Again, everything now scales. Gear is standarized, im full ancestral, fully tempered, etc.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You can go to T3/4 way early if you manage to beat the keystone dungeon, and potentially use Mindcage as well to up the levels. Just as a for-instance.
    Then i would mention that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Well I don't know what to tell you, if the WAVES from that affix one-shot you then you are doing something somewhere very wrongly. I don't know what, I just know that.

    And if the on-death explosion on a Hellborne one-shots you... good. You clearly deserved that one.
    Or that one skill on a one specific enemy in entire game (so far) is bugged, overlooked or whatever.
    Why are you fixed on death explosion? I never mentioned it.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Or that one skill on a one specific enemy in entire game (so far) is bugged, overlooked or whatever.
    Doesn't kill me or anyone I've talked to, does kill you.

    Bug? Or you-problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Why are you fixed on death explosion? I never mentioned it.
    Because that was the only one I could conceivably see kill you, and I was making a charitable assumption.

    There's bad one-shots, and there's good one-shots. If a wave from the explosive affix one-shots you, that's a good one-shot, because it means you are doing something somewhere extremely incorrectly and should work on remedying that ASAP. And it's likely a trivial thing that can very easily be fixed.

    Many things should kill you if you do things wrong. That's how you know you're doing things wrong.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Eh, how can you be underleveled and undergeared when everything is scaling toward your level? Do we play the same game?
    I cant even put glasscanony stuff on most armor, because legs, chest etc are for defensive affixes.

    Dont fight Hellborn? Well, sure, they drop shit anyway. In no way it fixes that explosivce affix on them one shots me, but sure, whatever at this point.
    If you dont have an optimised build that works properly you wont do very well against bosses, more levels means having a stronger paragon and levels do matters as you wont be wearing the most powerful gear until after lvl 80 since 925 is mostly limited to lvl 80, most random players are not running builds that are that strong against bosses, the only enemies that dont die fast in helltides are hellborn and the boss, some things are supposed to one shot you regardless of how tanky you are if you dont dodge it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  5. #105
    Orcboi NatePsy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    VIC, Australia
    Posts
    5,390
    What I find annoying is the Tempering having a limited amount of uses before the item is bricked. Like if I have the materials, let me do it as much as my materials allow for fuck's sake lol. I grind for my materials so I should be allowed to make use of them. It's already a pain in the ass to find the exact stats I want from a monster drop, having to dump it because the tempering dicked me in the ass is tedious as hell.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2024-05-28 at 07:29 AM.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    What I find annoying is the Tempering having a limited amount of uses before the item is bricked. Like if I have the materials, let me do it as much as my materials allow for fuck's sake lol. I grind for my materials so I should be allowed to make use of them. It's already a pain in the ass to find the exact stats I want from a monster drop, having to dump it because the tempering dicked me in the ass is tedious as hell.
    That definitely leaves a sour taste about the system. I get that it's meant to increase longevity by making BiS items difficult to acquire, but this is just getting VERY frustrating VERY quickly when you find a great item and have to brick it.

    In addition, it feels super bad that every temper is a gamble because unlike enchanting you don't have a chance to keep the original stat. Which makes every temper a super annoying RNG experience rather than some cool moment of improving your gear.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Doesn't kill me or anyone I've talked to, does kill you.

    Bug? Or you-problem?


    Because that was the only one I could conceivably see kill you, and I was making a charitable assumption.

    There's bad one-shots, and there's good one-shots. If a wave from the explosive affix one-shots you, that's a good one-shot, because it means you are doing something somewhere extremely incorrectly and should work on remedying that ASAP. And it's likely a trivial thing that can very easily be fixed.

    Many things should kill you if you do things wrong. That's how you know you're doing things wrong.
    How? It spawn constantly, in random directions, if you dodge is on CD then you wont be able to leave the area, because movement speed is too slow. Window is very short.
    No, it is not my problem or my build problem. I could reconsider it if more abilities behaved like that. Even maiden fire touchdown dont one shot me i have time to dodge even when i take one tick of dmg. 2-3 ticks? Yeah, thats my problem.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Doesn't kill me or anyone I've talked to, does kill you.
    I bet you did.

  8. #108
    Orcboi NatePsy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    VIC, Australia
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That definitely leaves a sour taste about the system. I get that it's meant to increase longevity by making BiS items difficult to acquire, but this is just getting VERY frustrating VERY quickly when you find a great item and have to brick it.

    In addition, it feels super bad that every temper is a gamble because unlike enchanting you don't have a chance to keep the original stat. Which makes every temper a super annoying RNG experience rather than some cool moment of improving your gear.
    Wouldn't be so bad if like you said it had the same feature enchanting has where you get to choose "No changes." as an option, sort of like accepting the subpar stat over potentially bricking the item completely.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    How? It spawn constantly, in random directions
    No it doesn't, it oscillates between configurations. Have you seriously never looked at the pattern? Plus you even get an indicator before the actual wave. That is about as good as it gets in terms of dodging things. But even if you DON'T, it should never one-shot you unless you're doing something profoundly wrong.

    What you're telling me here only further reinforces my suspicion that this is just a L2P issue. There's plenty of bullshit mechanics to complain about - this one really is not one of them. It's absolutely trivial.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    No it doesn't, it oscillates between configurations. Have you seriously never looked at the pattern? Plus you even get an indicator before the actual wave. That is about as good as it gets in terms of dodging things. But even if you DON'T, it should never one-shot you unless you're doing something profoundly wrong.

    What you're telling me here only further reinforces my suspicion that this is just a L2P issue. There's plenty of bullshit mechanics to complain about - this one really is not one of them. It's absolutely trivial.
    It is, i tank it. Not on Hellborn spawned after filling the meter in Helltides. In every single other mob i dont even register it. Thats why me thinks it is differently, sloppy, implemented, propably due to the scaling, that specific hellborn also seems to have more health, overall dmg, etc.
    Also, if you are caught in telegraph you dont have enough time to leave it without dodge. If your dodge is on cd then you will take it.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Also, if you are caught in telegraph you dont have enough time to leave it without dodge. If your dodge is on cd then you will take it.
    This quite simply isn't true. If you can't dodge this without using Evade, the problem is your reaction time. This is ESPECIALLY egregious considering you're a ranged character, not someone who has to stick to melee where this is more difficult (but still far from impossible, especially given the predictable pattern). If you can't dodge this at range, the problem is not the mechanic - it's you. No offense.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This quite simply isn't true. If you can't dodge this without using Evade, the problem is your reaction time. This is ESPECIALLY egregious considering you're a ranged character, not someone who has to stick to melee where this is more difficult (but still far from impossible, especially given the predictable pattern). If you can't dodge this at range, the problem is not the mechanic - it's you. No offense.
    None taken, you have right to have your own opinion.

  13. #113
    Banned Cynical Asshole's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    Bucharest. Romania.
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Says someone who lvld to 35 and quit. Made me laugh atleast.
    Oh yeah, cause you need to level to 100 and play the game for a couple of months before it even begins to be fun.

    LMAO.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Oh yeah, cause you need to level to 100 and play the game for a couple of months before it even begins to be fun.

    LMAO.
    Actually yes, it does get better the further you level up for various reasons.

    In any case, this is a ARPG. Its about going berserk and grinding out mobs. Literally the whole game loop.

  15. #115
    Yo the dog pet that loots good/crafting mats is great. Go do the quest to meet/get it ASAP.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo the dog pet that loots good/crafting mats is great. Go do the quest to meet/get it ASAP.
    Also loots Cinders in Helltide!

    Plus you can pet it by doing the Hello emote while close to it.

  17. #117
    Pit Lord Fallen Angel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Haunting Vegeta
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Also loots Cinders in Helltide!

    Plus you can pet it by doing the Hello emote while close to it.
    Mindless minion necro maiden farm

  18. #118
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,141
    Ok I gotta say.
    I hate the new system for only 1 reason
    We need an auction house or something
    Cause I horde every single GA item I find, and my bank is full of items I am trying to sell on the discord. But the discord is so bad for buyying/selling.

    Like cool, I can make one post about 1 item every 5 minutes? Or I guess I can make mass posts? But then people have a hard time finding stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content
    Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    I could get hired at blizz, learn enough of the source and internal dev tools and write a script that removes bots within my first 24 hours of working there.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Ok I gotta say.
    I hate the new system for only 1 reason
    We need an auction house or something
    Cause I horde every single GA item I find, and my bank is full of items I am trying to sell on the discord. But the discord is so bad for buyying/selling.

    Like cool, I can make one post about 1 item every 5 minutes? Or I guess I can make mass posts? But then people have a hard time finding stuff?
    Sadly, inefficient selling is basically the only check on the system that keeps it from devolving into "just farm gold instead of items, or even better, make gold by flipping/playing the AH instead of playing the game".

    Same with PoE - the only thing that stops trading there from going out of hand completely is how inefficient and cumbersome it is. If it was streamlined and centralized, it'd go bad REAL quick.

  20. #120
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Sadly, inefficient selling is basically the only check on the system that keeps it from devolving into "just farm gold instead of items, or even better, make gold by flipping/playing the AH instead of playing the game".

    Same with PoE - the only thing that stops trading there from going out of hand completely is how inefficient and cumbersome it is. If it was streamlined and centralized, it'd go bad REAL quick.
    The worst part is idk what is good and what is bad. I don't understand, how much is this worth? So I just kinda list everything I have for offer and hope I don't get scammed. Cause like. I got a 3 GA wand with % damage, max life, and % int.
    To me that seems insane, but I put it up for offer and no one responded, so I decided to just keep it for myself.


    Like here's a neck I tried selling. Is it good? How much is it worth? Idk.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2024-06-11 at 06:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content
    Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    I could get hired at blizz, learn enough of the source and internal dev tools and write a script that removes bots within my first 24 hours of working there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •