Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm that it is a lot more enjoyable levelling post level 40ish. I was rocking hard, am currently level 63.

the prismatic gems give me flashbacks to the gems in 9.1. But at least these gems are far easier to manage and much more plentiful

I also like how there is no vendor items. No trash drops from mobs like sharp fangs from tigers or whatever. It's strictly either quest items, bronze, gems and consumables and gear. Given how many tinker/cogwheel/meta/prismatic gems there are I am kinda liking that, need that bag room!
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2024-05-17 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mode's fun.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Looking forward to it...but there is sooooo much stuff to collect...this better be around for at least two months...
    It'll be around for a little more than 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Yes, everything is kept in retail after this ends.
    IN fact, it immediately transfers to retail as it uses your collection tabs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Saint Jr View Post
    Omega boring event, with super duper long farm and only old content. Leveling is giga slow, alot slower than retail. After 2.5 hours of scenarios and dungeons gained 11lvls. Tinker gems are meaningless - 0.5 - 1.5% of your DPS, even on low level characters without talents.
    Plunderstorm was super fun, but this event is torment.
    To level fast you are supposed to quest. You are being a little disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Aren’t the shared stats based on your achievement progress? Unless the achievement stops early on I have to assume it keeps unlocking higher starting points.
    The Cloak's progess is connected to the "Infinite Power" achievements, capping at "collect 4200 threads". Max achievement carries over +100% XP to a new character but sadly not many of the other stats. Meaning you play your first char to max, get 4200 (which is quite easy by the time you get to 70 and do some end level content) and can start multiple new chars. Sadly it does not carry over anything after +100% (of your main's cloak) and there are no other achievements. This makes leveling alts somewhat endurable up to around 20-40 where you really get into a dent without much progress. After 40 you gain some of the end game talents unlocked in your tree which boost character power a lot again.

Oh and you really have to micromanage your gems (for secondaries) which is currently the only major downfall imho, because you get gear so fast you basically have to resocket after every other quest...
    Another downside: you might not get all your main's favourite tinker gems early on your alts...

They just hotfixed the frog farm. I’m assuming this means they are well aware of the level 70 scaling issues and a whole wave of fixes are coming Monday to Wednesday.

They just hotfixed the frog farm. I’m assuming this means they are well aware of the level 70 scaling issues and a whole wave of fixes are coming Monday to Wednesday.
    Exploit early, exploit often. But yeah, scaling is whack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Why the hell do they keep doing this crap we need farm several million worth of bronze for the mounts if it's in wrong to start just leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Saint Jr View Post
    Omega boring event, with super duper long farm and only old content. Leveling is giga slow, alot slower than retail. After 2.5 hours of scenarios and dungeons gained 11lvls. Tinker gems are meaningless - 0.5 - 1.5% of your DPS, even on low level characters without talents.
    Plunderstorm was super fun, but this event is torment.
    This post could not be any more wrong.
    Most of my tinkers are my highest dps
    And 2.5 hours to gain 11 levels? Were you fucking rp walking?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Why the hell do they keep doing this crap we need farm several million worth of bronze for the mounts if it's in wrong to start just leave it.
    Idk if you know. But it's not "several million" it's 1 million.
    And that 1 million includes Everything that you can buy with bronze. This includes every tier set, every mount, pet, toy, etc from the expansion.
    So unless you literally did not play mop at all, or get zero drops while you are farming your bronze, you will not need to buy everything, as a lot of the stuff, and all the most expensive stuff, is stuff you can get outside of the event.

The mounts only from the even range from 2-6k each.
    The mounts from pandaria you can purchase using bronze go up to 36k.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Exploit early, exploit often. But yeah, scaling is whack.
    Yep, I didn't go overboard. Only 2,500 charms, so I got like 35k bronze and 250 chests. With the current fudged scaling I barely feel stronger on open world mobs lol.

- - - Updated - - -

You can still FARM the frogs but the charms were removed, so bronze farming is still viable but it isn't super absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And that 1 million includes Everything that you can buy with bronze. This includes every tier set, every mount, pet, toy, etc from the expansion.
    So unless you literally did not play mop at all, or get zero drops while you are farming your bronze, you will not need to buy everything, as a lot of the stuff, and all the most expensive stuff, is stuff you can get outside of the event.

TBF right now with the stupid scaling no one is actually OP at 70 and doing anything viable outside of bronze farming open world stuff is a huge pain. I know why they nerfed it (Some people bought everything already, or upped their gear to 500+ ilvl).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah that totally makes it alright that if you didn't have work and were able to grind it you could be done with all the farming. Not like they could say we know this is wack we are going to fix it at weekly reset so if you want to grind do it now.

Oh yeah that totally makes it alright that if you didn't have work and were able to grind it you could be done with all the farming. Not like they could say we know this is wack we are going to fix it at weekly reset so if you want to grind do it now.
    Or ya know.
    They fix it now, and work on fixing the scaling issues and buff bronze rates overall.
    Like they 100% are going to.

It's much better if you can do anything during the event. Instead of having to do frog farming.

Also where did you even come up with that several million number you spouted?

Or ya know.
    They fix it now, and work on fixing the scaling issues and buff bronze rates overall.
    Like they 100% are going to.

It's much better if you can do anything during the event. Instead of having to do frog farming.

Also where did you even come up with that several million number you spouted?
    I looked at upgrade costs as well not just mount farming. God forbid there be a quick way to get the grind done if you just want to get all the collectables done though nah we need another grind on level of plunderstorm

I looked at upgrade costs as well not just mount farming. God forbid there be a quick way to get the grind done if you just want to get all the collectables done though nah we need another grind on level of plunderstorm
    Lolololololol why would you need the upgrades if you are just farming mobs in the open world all day every day?

Also gear upgrades do not equal millions of bronze.

And there will be fast ways. The frogs were stupid and busted and boring.

Also yeah, we do need another grind like plunderstorm you are right.
    One that was way over the top at the start. But then got doubled 4 times, to the point it took no time at all to max it out.

People who abused the frog farm and used it on ilvl are now soloing raids and able to help 70s push Heroics / Mythic, so... I wouldn't necessarily say that lol.

People who abused the frog farm and used it on ilvl are now soloing raids and able to help 70s push Heroics / Mythic, so... I wouldn't necessarily say that lol.
    Fun fact, you can solo raids without having farmed frogs to fucking insanity
    Soulsobreezy for example who only did a bit of frog farm today, and didn't even use em on upgrades.

And cool, they can do that. Good for them. They spent a loooot of bronze on it though, big investment, time to make the return on it, especially since blizz will obviously be buffing bronze rates.

Yeah but at level 70, or abusing low-level scaling? If it's the former I'd love to know how, and how easy. If the latter, then that's just anti-thesis to even hitting 70.

Soulsobreezy for example who only did a bit of frog farm today, and didn't even use em on upgrades.

And cool, they can do that. Good for them. They spent a loooot of bronze on it though, big investment, time to make the return on it, especially since blizz will obviously be buffing bronze rates.
    Bigggggg assumption to think they will buff bronze rates

- - - Updated - - -

Lolololololol why would you need the upgrades if you are just farming mobs in the open world all day every day?

And there will be fast ways. The frogs were stupid and busted and boring.

Also yeah, we do need another grind like plunderstorm you are right.
    One that was way over the top at the start. But then got doubled 4 times, to the point it took no time at all to max it out.
    Almost like people who didn't no life the first 3 days might still plan on doing the raids

Bigggggg assumption to think they will buff bronze rates

- - - Updated - - -

Almost like people who didn't no life the first 3 days might still plan on doing the raids
    Lol in what world it is a "biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig assumption" seriously. Yeah it was totally a biiiiiiiig assumption they were going to buff plunder drops... That is why it got buffed 4+ times.

And cool, they still can, you can do the raids without doing the frog farm.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/bronze-...-bronze-341360
    LOL WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW IT SURE WAS A BIG FUCKING ASSUMPTION!

Holy shit I can't. Of course this is only 25% from one thing, but they are buffing the drop rates, and for sure will continue to buff them throughout the event, we are what, day 4 into a 95 day journey and already they are buffing drop rates?

Bro, don't go to vegas, you would leave homeless.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2024-05-20 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    Does the Heirloom cloak and/or mounts transfer to retail?
    Everything cosmetic is supposed to be permanent. The cloak will lose its bonuses, but the tmog from it will still be there.