1. #1

    Spring Balloon Festival Micro-Holiday - May 10-12

    Spring Balloon Festival Micro-Holiday - May 10-12
    Spring Balloon Festival is micro-holiday where players can take short balloon tours of Azeroth.

    • Head to one of the red X markers on the world map to find a balloon.
    • Once there, speak to the pilot to sign up for a balloon ride.
    • Taking a ride requires a total of three players, so you will have to wait for more players to show up.
    • The ride will take you across the zone and play some dialogue along the way.
    • You may learn useful things such as the traditional greeting in Suramar city.
    • At the end of the ride you are dropped off and the balloon disappears.


  2. #2
    Brewmaster Cynical Asshole's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    Bucharest. Romania.
    Posts
    1,413
    Wow! Yet another useless feature!

  3. #3
    While worlds building is cool and all, what purpose does this serve?

  4. #4
    Old God Kathranis's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    10,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateo View Post
    While worlds building is cool and all, what purpose does this serve?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Wow! Yet another useless feature!
    This has been in the game since 2017.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateo View Post
    what purpose does this serve?
    This guy seems to have answered for you:
    worlds building is cool

  6. #6
    I am so curious if after 5 years of reporting it the balloon in high mountain will finally not go below the ground!

  7. #7
    Brewmaster Cynical Asshole's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    Bucharest. Romania.
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    This has been in the game since 2017.
    LOL. It has been so useless that I don't even remember it ever being in the game even though I play since vanilla.

  8. #8
    Yeah spoiler alert, still not fixed after 5 years:


  9. #9
    Appreciate the Suramar meme. Well played.

  10. #10
    The fact that it needs 3 person to start makes it totaly useless. I waiting in northrend like 45mins and I finally quit.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    The fact that it needs 3 person to start makes it totaly useless. I waiting in northrend like 45mins and I finally quit.
    Yeah, it's one of the stupid annoyances. I know flight in Suramar requires 3 people because the panda piloting the ballon are talking to all three players - but that could be changed.

    But for future - use the Suramar one, it obviously has the most traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Yeah, it's one of the stupid annoyances. I know flight in Suramar requires 3 people because the panda piloting the ballon are talking to all three players - but that could be changed.

    But for future - use the Suramar one, it obviously has the most traffic.
    For an achievement or something ... yeah. But we are talking about world building, and I was visiting Northrend due to the Dark Hearth quest line. So I run into the ballon spot "by accident" and ... I wanted to have that old WoW Vanilla feeling where I drift from the main quest list focus to discover, to visit, to whatever

    But to bad that Blizzard made it a 30-40mins of wasted time, as usual, by forcing it to be a 3 man activity. When will Blizzard understand?

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    421
    @people compaining it requires 3 - is it that hard to send out a message in guild or lfg chat to do a tour? imagine interacting with people in an mmo... maybe its not about the destination, but the people you meet along the way?
    and calling it a useless feature is kind of a bad take imo.... it probably took all of 1-2 man power a few days at most to code and implement a small 'fun' micro holiday with some unique rpg-esque dialogues, why not just take it as is and not cry about everthing blizz makes?
    Last edited by Runicblood; 2024-05-13 at 12:07 PM.
    I 3d print stuff

  14. #14
    I hope next time to change it to solo player because I cant find 2 more players for the event

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    For an achievement or something ... yeah. But we are talking about world building, and I was visiting Northrend due to the Dark Hearth quest line. So I run into the ballon spot "by accident" and ... I wanted to have that old WoW Vanilla feeling where I drift from the main quest list focus to discover, to visit, to whatever

    But to bad that Blizzard made it a 30-40mins of wasted time, as usual, by forcing it to be a 3 man activity. When will Blizzard understand?
    Blizzard giveth and Blizzard taketh - as evidenced by all the recent changes which usually tend to have some exceptions because reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    @people compaining it requires 3 - is it that hard to send out a message in guild or lfg chat to do a tour? imagine interacting with people in an mmo... maybe its not about the destination, but the people you meet along the way??
    yes. yes that bad. because its REQUIRED to have 3 people for a feature that is supposed to be just for fun. meeting people is lovely. being mandated to meet people to experience a fun little out of the way jaunt? is NOT lovely.

    they could have made the balloon leave at even intervals regardless of how many people joined... you know the way ships and zeppelins leave and have been leaving for years and years now. that would STILL encourage interaction and conversation - without forcing it. instead they chose to require multiple people to even start the trip. I'm sorry but that's NOT good design, especially when other options already exist in a game

  17. #17
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    yes. yes that bad. because its REQUIRED to have 3 people for a feature that is supposed to be just for fun. meeting people is lovely. being mandated to meet people to experience a fun little out of the way jaunt? is NOT lovely.

    they could have made the balloon leave at even intervals regardless of how many people joined... you know the way ships and zeppelins leave and have been leaving for years and years now. that would STILL encourage interaction and conversation - without forcing it. instead they chose to require multiple people to even start the trip. I'm sorry but that's NOT good design, especially when other options already exist in a game
    sounds like a (social) skill issue to me
    I 3d print stuff

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    sounds like a (social) skill issue to me
    I am sick of LFGing for 2s for 20-30mins at a time. This is why Solo Shuffle got so popular.
    Why on earth would I want to waste more time on a LFG for a baloon, in ONE of the MANY zones ? Blizzard failed at this, nothing else.

    WoW is the only game where, to start having FUN, you must wast tones of time for "PREPARATION" to have fun.

    No loot drops in this event, no elitistic, 1st real something ... just a ride, so a simple thing requiring a complicated "party" in a dead zone/continent.

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    I am sick of LFGing for 2s for 20-30mins at a time. This is why Solo Shuffle got so popular.
    Why on earth would I want to waste more time on a LFG for a baloon, in ONE of the MANY zones ? Blizzard failed at this, nothing else.

    WoW is the only game where, to start having FUN, you must wast tones of time for "PREPARATION" to have fun.

    No loot drops in this event, no elitistic, 1st real something ... just a ride, so a simple thing requiring a complicated "party" in a dead zone/continent.
    have you tried doing 2's with a friend, or asking one of your lfg partners if they'd be down to make it a regular thing, instead of searching for a rando every time?
    I 3d print stuff

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    have you tried doing 2's with a friend, or asking one of your lfg partners if they'd be down to make it a regular thing, instead of searching for a rando every time?
    Life at 40, with kids, and being the last of my kind (gamer) out of all of my friende along I was playing wow 20 years ago A newer friend is stil playing WoW, but he only does raiding PVE.

    Also, this lifestyle means playing at random hours, so it is hard to match playing at the same type with a random guy from 2v2.

    Nevertheless, that issue was fixed, partially, with the addition of Solo Shuffle. I say partially since the queue for dps takes 15-40 mins. But even that has a solution, so after 19 years of playing DPS, I have made a healer and now queue are insta on Solo Shuffle even at 4-5am.

    All that still doesn't fix the baloon problem A mini-hollyday where you don't get any drops/rewards, but you are still forced to LFG in a content long time forgoten.

    HELL, even old raids are soloable, altought they have cosmetic rewards. Imagin having to find 5-10 players in order to do TBC raid for a set

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •