1. #1

    Blizzard Confirms Pandaria Raids on a Daily Lockout in Patch 10.2.7

    Pandaria World Bosses and Raids on a Daily Lockout in Patch 10.2.7

    Blizzard Confirms Pandaria Raids on a Daily Lockout in Patch 10.2.7
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hello! We updated the Dark Heart patch notes with the following changes:

    DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
    • The lockouts for the following raids in Mists of Pandaria content now reset each day, for both Dragonflight and WoW Remix characters:
      • Normal and Heroic 10-player Mogu’shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, Terrace of Endless Spring, and Throne of Thunder.
      • Normal and Heroic 10-30 player Siege of Orgrimmar
      • Mythic 20-player Siege of Orgrimmar
      • Raid lockouts will return to a weekly cadence after WoW Remix closes.
    • Battle for Azeroth raid mechanics which block legacy encounter completion for small groups have been adjusted to be more permissive. Groups of five or fewer players should no longer be blocked by mechanics that cannot be completed at that raid size.

  2. #2
    Can someone explain to me what that means as far as the Battle of Azeroth part. Does that mean things like G'huun Mythic is soloable ??

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    Can someone explain to me what that means as far as the Battle of Azeroth part. Does that mean things like G'huun Mythic is soloable ??
    Yes, i think they mentioned that the other day. They made few changes. Theres a post about it, which bosses it was.

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk Pakheth's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    1,770
    OMG, BFA raids have finally been fixed for solo play? Amazing!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoura View Post
    Yes, i think they mentioned that the other day. They made few changes. Theres a post about it, which bosses it was.
    Also to tack onto this, at least if you're solo it seems like nzoth will never actually mind control you now.
    I ran it last night and when I ran out of sanity it gave the whole "servant of nzoth" timer debuff, but on expiration it just set me back to 30 sanity and repeated.

    I can't vouch for if that's just solo to prevent the boss from resetting or if it's just small groups.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also to tack onto this, at least if you're solo it seems like nzoth will never actually mind control you now.
    I ran it last night and when I ran out of sanity it gave the whole "servant of nzoth" timer debuff, but on expiration it just set me back to 30 sanity and repeated.

    I can't vouch for if that's just solo to prevent the boss from resetting or if it's just small groups.
    If I was a betting man I would say they did away with the mind control mechanic entirely. Would make the most sense programming wise.

  7. #7
    The Patient Igzorn's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    Posts
    230
    sweet cant wait to farm.

  8. #8
    Ooh Imma be cooking Garrosh on a daily basis for those tusk fragments

  9. #9
    So... instead of bumping up the bone splinter shard thingy drops for the SoO vendor [buy Tusks and Heirlooms] they expect people to run it daily?

    That's going to create a massive burnout... at least I hope its a good source for Bronze!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    Can someone explain to me what that means as far as the Battle of Azeroth part. Does that mean things like G'huun Mythic is soloable ??
    Yes, they hotfixed them the other day so that both G'huun and N'zoth could be soloable. That part of the blue post is just them adding that hotfix to the notes.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

  11. #11
    I am Murloc! Auxis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    5,039
    I wonder; is the content gonna be so face-roll easy because of the powers/cloak we've got, so they figure they can justify a daily lockout?

  12. #12
    Very nice, but why do old raids even have a lockout at all?

  13. #13
    I went in last night to do mythic G'huun and I got steam rolled by all those damn adds. About time when G'huun comes out their are about 50+ adds whooping on me. I tried it as Affliction. I was barely iLvL 486. but I tried about 5 times and just couldn't get it. I wonder if Demo is any better ?

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Auxis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    5,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    I went in last night to do mythic G'huun and I got steam rolled by all those damn adds. About time when G'huun comes out their are about 50+ adds whooping on me. I tried it as Affliction. I was barely iLvL 486. but I tried about 5 times and just couldn't get it. I wonder if Demo is any better ?
    Tried M G'huun a few times on an Arms Warrior tonight and I'm a bit stuck on how to handle it. Obviously my self healing isn't ideal, but there's 2 strategies I can think of to handle the blatant core issue of this fight: the Spawn of G'huun. These little bastards are spawned when you kill any of the normal adds G'huun creates. And when they reach you, they infect you with a DoT EACH that creates 2 more Spawn when it expires. So each Spawn you let get to you duplicates.

    The theoretical strategies are:
    a) Tactically kill the normal adds and try to kill the Spawn carefully (EG, kiting with DoTs like a Unholy DK, or maybe a Frost Mage with Blizzard?). Issue is, G'huun keeps creating the normal adds (Thousand Maws) throughout the fight. And you are always going to have Spawn no matter what. So it's just a ticking time bomb.
    b) Leave all adds alone and let he Origination Drive kill them. This does NOT kill the Spawn, though - to my absolute dismay. This just makes it into more of a DPS race. And G'huun is one chonky boi-l.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DechCJC View Post
    Very nice, but why do old raids even have a lockout at all?
    The question everyone wants to ignore or pretend is justified ever since MC.

    It's there to keep you on the treadmill with limited drops, the tiniest trickle of dopamine.

    WoW is designed in a way that you can never realistically complete a character without investing you entire life into it.

    MMOs have so many toxic gameplay loops and consumer unfriendly business practices; it's no wonder the genre is tapering out; MOBAs are on the same downward trend.

    People are tired of games as service and manipulative marketing.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    I went in last night to do mythic G'huun and I got steam rolled by all those damn adds. About time when G'huun comes out their are about 50+ adds whooping on me. I tried it as Affliction. I was barely iLvL 486. but I tried about 5 times and just couldn't get it. I wonder if Demo is any better ?
    Did it last night as a 500 Ret pally, just facerolled it. I think having proper add AOE is the key.
    You may not like my methods, but you'll surely know my name.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    So... instead of bumping up the bone splinter shard thingy drops for the SoO vendor [buy Tusks and Heirlooms] they expect people to run it daily?

    That's going to create a massive burnout... at least I hope its a good source for Bronze!
    You’d probably want to run it daily for the bronze anyways.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    The question everyone wants to ignore or pretend is justified ever since MC.

    It's there to keep you on the treadmill with limited drops, the tiniest trickle of dopamine.

    WoW is designed in a way that you can never realistically complete a character without investing you entire life into it.

    MMOs have so many toxic gameplay loops and consumer unfriendly business practices; it's no wonder the genre is tapering out; MOBAs are on the same downward trend.

    People are tired of games as service and manipulative marketing.
    Is it though? It may not have 12 millions but we are still healthy number playing the game, and look now with classic past few years. Retail still blasting and getting better each expansion. I get what you mean though and not saying it's not true.

  19. #19
    How long would it take to start soloing these raids?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •