Poll: Would you like Blizzard to add Broken as an Allied Race?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    That's why it should have been krokul and high elves, the actual races people wanted.
    Citation needed on a lot of people (As opposed to just a few loud ones) wanting mutated, shambling dime-store Draenei...

Lightforged Draenei were a pretty lame choice for allied race, but people generally want pretty races (Or tough ones), as shown by Blood elves being the most common PC-race in the game, followed by Night elves (Twice as many Blood elves as Night elves, which makes sense, since there are twice as many Horde characters as Alliance ones, yay faction balance! But i digress...)

After BEs and NEs come Orcs and Humans (Funny enough, in absolute numbers almost as many Humans as Orcs, considering the 2:1 H/A population ratio, that means the relative share of humans is far more than the Orcs), and the remaining ~50% is made up of *all* the other races, with Void elves (Oh look, Elves again!) being the most-played allied race.

TL-DR: People want to play pretty characters, not Draenei that were left out in the sun for *way* too long.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Citation needed on a lot of people (As opposed to just a few loud ones) wanting mutated, shambling dime-store Draenei...

Lightforged Draenei were a pretty lame choice for allied race, but people generally want pretty races (Or tough ones), as shown by Blood elves being the most common PC-race in the game, followed by Night elves (Twice as many Blood elves as Night elves, which makes sense, since there are twice as many Horde characters as Alliance ones, yay faction balance! But i digress...)

After BEs and NEs come Orcs and Humans (Funny enough, in absolute numbers almost as many Humans as Orcs, considering the 2:1 H/A population ratio, that means the relative share of humans is far more than the Orcs), and the remaining ~50% is made up of *all* the other races, with Void elves (Oh look, Elves again!) being the most-played allied race.

TL-DR: People want to play pretty characters, not Draenei that were left out in the sun for *way* too long.
    LF draeneies are just normal draeneis but with golden eyes. Nothing is special or exceptional about them, Krokull should have been allied race instead of them. Also orc is very popular so your argument that people likes playing pretty races is wrong....
    "His name was Gambit. Remember it."

Quote Originally Posted by Civciv View Post
    LF draeneies are just normal draeneis but with golden eyes. Nothing is special or exceptional about them, Krokull should have been allied race instead of them. Also orc is very popular so your argument that people likes playing pretty races is wrong....
    LF Draenei were easier to make (A few skin and horn options), Krokul have different movements, that was just corner-cutting on Blizzard's part, but most allied races are reskins, Vulpera are goblins with a less ugly model (Same rigging though), Mag'har are just brown orcs, DI Dwarves are reskins, Kul'Tiran and Zandalari were in-game anyway, Mecha-gnomes were... also a thing Blizz did, so allied races were either easy modifications or already present in-game. (Krokul are in-game, but probably not with all the required animations)

Orcs have the benefit of being the poster-boy Horde race, and fitting in the "Tough-looking" category, but relatively speaking (As in "Twice as many Horde PCs as Alliance ones"), they're about as popular as humans are, it's not all about being pretty, but if a race is neither pretty nor tough-looking, it's just not very popular.

Grunt
    True lol. This game is getting worse and worse everyday

What citation you need? Just google wow broken playable race and you will see a lot of reddit and official forum threads.

I see, that surely doesnt explain why blizzard bothered to create unique rig for playable fat humans, nobody wanted. Or why did they create amputee gnomes, if people want to play only pretty races.. Why did they even create stone dwarves, if popular demand is elsewhere?

Anyway broken used to use tauren rig and a lot of armors worked on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    I have been wanting to roll my hunter's mom as a Broken warrior for years.

Mind you: the lack of a fem model (I think the Kurenai huntresses are supposed to be Broken; they just use the standard draenei model) still bugs me. I've been concerned that they'd make them too pretty. Yes, there is such a thing as "too pretty" when it comes to Broken; while "probably used to be pretty" isn't inappropriate, Broken are by definition ugly fucked-up mutants. But there's official art of Broken ladies now; and I'm confident that they can make them endearing and cool-looking without overly turning them into Cute Monster Girls.

Blizzard did start working on Broken female model back in TBC but they never finished it. The unfinished model is in the game files, it's right half of the body, untextured but it basicly looks like slimmer male body with boobs. So quite simillar to this artwork. Maybe initially this was meant to be playable Draenei model before they made them pretty much just Eredar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Holy duck, what is this abomination? This thread is about broken.
    This is what I meant by fearing that female Broken would be Cute Monster Girls. There is a line between "fucked-up mutant who was pretty until she got doused with fel, and is still kind of endearing as fucked-up mutants go" and "rejected; too cute." Baduu crosses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Blizzard did start working on Broken female model back in TBC but they never finished it. The unfinished model is in the game files, it's right half of the body, untextured but it basicly looks like slimmer male body with boobs. So quite simillar to this artwork. Maybe initially this was meant to be playable Draenei model before they made them pretty much just Eredar.
    Yeah, I've seen the incomplete tauren-skeleton hackjob in the files. Seeing as the implemented TBC Broken guys were also re-textured tauren hackjobs: I doubt either were intended to be the playable model. Even so.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2024-05-21 at 05:44 AM.

As usual, the art and in game models do not look alike.

Also have you seen the draenei beards? They float inches off the faces.

If they can't even do that what makes you think they will do your favorite lore race a service?