Battered Hilt - do not meet requirements

Sorry if this is not in the correct section but I just got the Battered Hilt from a Timewalking Dungeon. Yet when I click on it it says I "do not meet the requirements for that quest".

Can you do it only once? i know I did it back in the day but I thought people farmed this thing. Kinda disappointed after thinking I hit the jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensea View Post
    Sorry if this is not in the correct section but I just got the Battered Hilt from a Timewalking Dungeon. Yet when I click on it it says I "do not meet the requirements for that quest".

Can you do it only once? i know I did it back in the day but I thought people farmed this thing. Kinda disappointed after thinking I hit the jackpot.
    If you're definitely certain you've done the quest on the character that has the hilt, can you try mailing it to another character that hasn't? It should be BoE.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Can you do it only once?
    As with any other normal quest (yes, it starts a normal, not special, not repeatable), you can only do it one time per character. On the positive side, you get all the transmogs, so nothing lost.

15+ Year Old Account
    i know I did it back in the day but I thought people farmed this thing. Kinda disappointed after thinking I hit the jackpot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    you can only do it one time per character.
    Quoting both of you for a double reply. Yes, you can only do the quest once per character EVER. Yes people farmed it back in the day and from what I understand people still do farm it for those who don't want to farm it themselves to do the quest. What I'm shocked to hear is you got it to drop again after doing the quest (yes saying you don't meet the requirements means you've done it already). Back in the day it wouldn't even drop for you ever again if you had completed the quest and my understanding is THAT never got crap removed from the chance to have it drop.

Grunt
    I'm getting this message almost daily...

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    If you're definitely certain you've done the quest on the character that has the hilt, can you try mailing it to another character that hasn't? It should be BoE.
    Thanks! I did that and it worked but then I realised you sell the actual Quest, not the weapon. So it’s on the Auction House now as I have the sword.