15+ Year Old Account

Speed & armor gems useful in Remix?

Basically what the title asks. Are there any good reason to gem speed or armor in Remix? If so what class/spec/role would actually use them? With everyone zooming around with blinks and other stuff plus speed being a stat you can get for your cloaks, I just don't see the usefulness of speed and armor I don't see useful even for tanks if I'm being honest.

They are useful. But if you don't want them, then you are in luck, because you don't have to use them. Exactly because of the stats on the cloak buff, we become so overpowered that which gems we equip, doesn't make much of a difference. It is there, but it's not what makes or breaks the game. Use what you want. I use speed and armor on my tanks, because I want to.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    speed increases movement speed, right? or is it attack speed? probably could google it, but meh

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Basically what the title asks. Are there any good reason to gem speed or armor in Remix? If so what class/spec/role would actually use them? With everyone zooming around with blinks and other stuff plus speed being a stat you can get for your cloaks, I just don't see the usefulness of speed and armor I don't see useful even for tanks if I'm being honest.
    The thing is that stats start having diminishing returns when you reach 30%, so considering how the cloak grows we could reach a point where the benefit from a stat gem is pretty much irrelevant, but armor does not have DR, so those silly armor gems suddenly become the only decent option.

Anyway, just look at them as another source of bronze when you scrap them, at least until you get to certain power level.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    speed increases movement speed, right? or is it attack speed? probably could google it, but meh
    Speed is Movement speed. Attack speed is increased by Haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Probably for soloing content later on.

Grunt
    I think it's attack speed only. Doesn't do anything for movement speed

"Speed" is runspeed only. It's a rating and suffers from diminishing returns so you can't really stack it much. Compare that to the cog gems, which can give a flat 8% runspeed all the time, or 30% when not attacking anything.

They're tertiary stats, not core performance, so it's kind of insane that their stat budget is exactly the same as secondaries. You should get at least triple on a stat like leech or runspeed to compensate for losing haste or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Answering the question of "would this be useful to me" seems like something you could answer yourself.

I guess eventually these become a bit more valuable as haste, crit, mastery and versatility will reach their caps. My (level 70) character already feels it is near Bloodlust casting speed (compaired to retail) and I’d say 80% of my casts crit. And I still haven’t unlocked both rings and neck.

My biggest issue is survivability, not damage.

Haste can drop the GCD all the way to 0.75s; it does have diminishing returns added and is capped at 126%. Crit naturally diminishes by its nature and mastery varies. But yeah, once you get deep in diminishing returns you may want to pick tertiary gems. Of course runspeed diminishes also, don't know about avoidance or leech.

Not really

Your most damaging abilities generally are gonna be your tinker gems; which scale with crit and vers, so I'd focus on them and scrap everything else

Personally I'm keeping my leech gems and upgrading them just in case I find a niche use for them, I can get like 35% leech with them all socketed - doesn't really help right now when you get one shotted at 70 but maybe later in the event it'll be really strong

It's not clear how they proc but if it's RPPM haste would help also. Everything but mastery really, unless you're a fire mage and a tinker gem deals fire damage etc.

The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its very useful to scrap and get bronze