Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, if you had a group of 5 QA employees play the game for a week during work hours, all these issues would be found ahead of time.
    Thing is, just finding issues isn't enough. More likely than not, these issues were flagged internally, but the powers that be decided that keeping to the release schedule was more important than fixing them.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Since now please stop asking me, why I haven't bought DF and still play SL. I just hate to be in such situation. And I just hate to be angry about it and kill my brain cells as result. Blizzard are bad at understanding casual players and tuning game for them. They still tune game for players, who skip almost all content and jump straight to hardcore one. I'm almost level 70 and game is tuned terribly now. I deal lots of damage to normal mobs, but they also deal lots of damage to me, like if I wouldn't have 2700 stamina. I don't have any further plan. What to do after 70 in order to get enough stats to make game comfortable? Scenarios? Couldn't complete them. When I fight against boss - it's more or less killable. But due to broken dmg scaling once he spawns 1-2 adds - they simply one-shot me. Do LFD or LFR? Queues are insane, as always. Plus lack of stats make me soak lots of dmg in comparison to other party members. I feel like noob blood DK tank, who has his HP jumping to 0 and back every 2 seconds. What else can I do? Level alts? That would have exactly the same problem.
    Wait. These changes have to do with MoP Remix, not DF. So, why haven't you bought DF?

This is one of those times where Blizzard absolutely should have been able to predict this would happen and have checks and balances in place before hand. It really does seem like the development team naively believes in the innate goodness of its playerbase and it's only through a soul crushing reminder of human nature that they realize (too late) that just leaving this shit in the game has a net-negative impact on the game as a whole. They need to roll back those who frog farmed and they need to make sure, moving forward, that the best way to play the game isn't to no life menial tasks. I'm not sure why Blizzard keeps needing to learn this lesson over and over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Thing is, just finding issues isn't enough. More likely than not, these issues were flagged internally, but the powers that be decided that keeping to the release schedule was more important than fixing them.
    ...which sucks because there really wasn't any huge need for them to release it as early as they did. If it needed a month or two more to cook or a broader, more involved beta test, then they could have implemented it with almost no negative recourse. We've got Season 4 in retail to hold us over and this feature's timing seems more to pad engagement metrics at the end of the quarter than anything else. I really hope Blizzard learns from this because the whole thing is liable to be a ghost town in a month if they don't roll back the people who took advantage of unfair farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This is one of those times where Blizzard absolutely should have been able to predict this would happen and have checks and balances in place before hand. It really does seem like the development team naively believes in the innate goodness of its playerbase and it's only through a soul crushing reminder of human nature that they realize (too late) that just leaving this shit in the game has a net-negative impact on the game as a whole. They need to roll back those who frog farmed and they need to make sure, moving forward, that the best way to play the game isn't to no life menial tasks. I'm not sure why Blizzard keeps needing to learn this lesson over and over again.

- - - Updated - - -

...which sucks because there really wasn't any huge need for them to release it as early as they did. If it needed a month or two more to cook or a broader, more involved beta test, then they could have implemented it with almost no negative recourse. We've got Season 4 in retail to hold us over and this feature's timing seems more to pad engagement metrics at the end of the quarter than anything else. I really hope Blizzard learns from this because the whole thing is liable to be a ghost town in a month if they don't roll back the people who took advantage of unfair farming.
    1 of the times I disagree with you. The players weren’t using an exploit in the game. They simply took advantage of hyperspawns and the fact they dropped the currency. I don’t think they should be hit with a rollback.
    The sewer farming might be different, as that is specifically taking advantage of the game by using a specific spot in a quest to farm the mobs only available during that quest.
    Waiting to hear when they fix the goat farm.

Not sure why it would be a ghost town if they don’t roll back people. Unless you believe people that didn’t farm frogs will just get upset and leave, while people that did will be long gone from acquiring everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    1 of the times I disagree with you. The players weren’t using an exploit in the game. They simply took advantage of hyperspawns and the fact they dropped the currency. I don’t think they should be hit with a rollback.
    The sewer farming might be different, as that is specifically taking advantage of the game by using a specific spot in a quest to farm the mobs only available during that quest.
    Waiting to hear when they fix the goat farm.

Not sure why it would be a ghost town if they don’t roll back people. Unless you believe people that didn’t farm frogs will just get upset and leave, while people that did will be long gone from acquiring everything.
    That's exactly what I think.

I might be wrong in that assessment but I'm already seeing ~a lot~ of people bitching about the way this played out and inaction on Blizzard's part will be an indirect reaffirmation of the tired "exploit early and often" trope which gets trotted out every time this stuff happens.

And don't get me wrong -- I understand your position too and I'm more inclined to err on the side of the players just playing the game but with this being a "fun game mode," many people will be quicker to just leave the game entirely than they are to wait around for Blizzard to fix things.

I was hoping for MoP:Remix to be more of a "Torghast Rogue Like". But it failed, at least me. And when a lvl 14 mistweaver does 10-20times more damage, with spinning kick, then 2 level 70s, in a scenario, that scream FAILED scalling.
    I ding to 70 and had the clock with 124% experience, then starting a new char will give the cloak with 100% experience... so many fun things cut from the start just for the sake of "wasting time".

20 years later and Blizzard still has the same old mindset:
    1. WASTING TIME for long periods through any means possible.
    2. thinking that leveling through quests, starting with the second play is ... FUN. (not to exclude it, but to add something different, and remove ALL quests from the game, when playing an ALT after you did ALL on you MAIN). Hell, even remove leveling at all for those who hate it. It is a repetitive thing that brings no value and drains alot of time.

Don't think those communist that rule this mindset will chance to soon from WoW's decision taking board...

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    That's exactly what I think.

I might be wrong in that assessment but I'm already seeing ~a lot~ of people bitching about the way this played out and inaction on Blizzard's part will be an indirect reaffirmation of the tired "exploit early and often" trope which gets trotted out every time this stuff happens.

And don't get me wrong -- I understand your position too and I'm more inclined to err on the side of the players just playing the game but with this being a "fun game mode," many people will be quicker to just leave the game entirely than they are to wait around for Blizzard to fix things.
    I really don't see any difference in bitching between people "leaving MoP Remix" and "Leaving WoW". Bunch of loud hot air that doesn't really reflect the reality. I'm certainly not seeing any significant reduction in people in the wold when playing, nor change in queue times for various pieces of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I really don't see any difference in bitching between people "leaving MoP Remix" and "Leaving WoW". Bunch of loud hot air that doesn't really reflect the reality. I'm certainly not seeing any significant reduction in people in the wold when playing, nor change in queue times for various pieces of content.
    I'd love to be wrong; I'm basing this assessment on feedback that I've seen/heard from friends/online. And I can only speak for myself here when I say that despite me not having a very high interest in this game mode, hearing that I'm forever going to be behind kinda evaporated any desire on my part to ever engage with it. I generally think things which put players permanently at a disadvantage for not farming their asses off (see also: early Legion AP) are very bad and Blizzard should do whatever they can to avoid these types of situations from occurring whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Hell, even remove leveling at all for those who hate it. It is a repetitive thing that brings no value and drains alot of time.
    I've been saying for years that leveling as a mechanic has outlived its usefulness in this kind of game, and should have long since been replaced by a different form of progression. Leveling is a pointless tutorial that requires them to stuff the world with filler content - why not have a REAL tutorial, and a world filled with ACTUAL content instead, and skip the whole "you have to do 10 hours of chores before you can start the real game" bit?

Though I guess WoW may simply be too old for a radical change like that. I get that, too.

I did the first wing of Mogushan vaults yesterday and it was an absolute cakewalk. Mechanics? What mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I've been saying for years that leveling as a mechanic has outlived its usefulness in this kind of game, and should have long since been replaced by a different form of progression. Leveling is a pointless tutorial that requires them to stuff the world with filler content - why not have a REAL tutorial, and a world filled with ACTUAL content instead, and skip the whole "you have to do 10 hours of chores before you can start the real game" bit?

Though I guess WoW may simply be too old for a radical change like that. I get that, too.
    Your blanket statement is wrong.
    I love leveling. I know many people that love leveling. We do not want this radical change just to appease the maybe 1% of raiders like you that just want to play a lobby game.

Instead of wishing for changes to a system that the vast majority of players love, maybe condider that wow is just not the gane for you anymore. No shame in that. And playing a game you do like is a much better use of your time than complaining on a circlejerk forum.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkTheMadMad View Post
    I did the first wing of Mogushan vaults yesterday and it was an absolute cakewalk. Mechanics? What mechanics?
    I did it for the first time yesterday as well (both wings) and I was surprised how rushed was it, even that DPS wasn't extremely high (tops were doing 1.5k dps while me at level 23 was doing 700 dps). I know LFR has always been quite easy and most mechanics can be skipped but that felt EXTREMELY easy and time wasting, as no XP or gear dropped for me.

This event is a steaming pile of unbalanced mess... And I love it.

Who cares if someone found a crazy spot to farm or that class and level balance is all over the place. It's a fun and little crazy side content to relive old content and grab bunch of cool cosmetics. You guys are so obsessed with numbers and balance that you completely lost the point of this.

Sit back and enjoy the little side quests you haven't done in 10 years, remind yourself how good and detailed the zones are and listen to those fantastic tracks.

And if that's really not your thing then that's fine too. Retail and classic is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    What? No. I love leveling. What do you consider the 'real game'? Dungeons? Raids? Bleeegh! I have barely anything to do but dailies when I'm max level, which is also kind of leveling, but without the XP. So no, don't take away the one fun part of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Explain to me what the worse takeaway is here: you attempting "sarcasm" or doubling-down on this ridiculous notion

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody has asked you. No one.
    You willingly offer up this information every single time you dogpile a thread with your out-of-touch expectations and reminders as to why none of your criticisms of game design should be actually considered.

Putting aside the thought that Blizzard chooses not to design a game oriented to somebody who can play for 1 hour every week, I think you need to reconsider how much you actually do in-game. You have championed Blizzard removing every core aspect of playing World of Warcraft -- including removing combat against NPC's -- because it is too difficult for a "casual player" wearing questing greens at max level unable to kill max level NPC's.

Whats worse is your anger issues i think?

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Your blanket statement is wrong.
    I love leveling. I know many people that love leveling. We do not want this radical change just to appease the maybe 1% of raiders like you that just want to play a lobby game.

Instead of wishing for changes to a system that the vast majority of players love, maybe condider that wow is just not the gane for you anymore. No shame in that. And playing a game you do like is a much better use of your time than complaining on a circlejerk forum.
    Why you need to act so radica extremist about this ?

Who said REMOVE IT out of the game ?

SL had a first good start in what I was hoping leveling to be, as in NOT seeing those fk yellow question marks on the map on my ALTS. And even in SL they fk left "side quests" available on the map. WHY ? MY OCD goes bananas when I see yellow exlamation points on the minimap. Why on earth you wanna do that if I already said "skip campaign", that would mean skip all Q. And I agree that OPTION should be avialable ONLY if you cleared 100% the xpac once (quests, side quests, anything yellow).

I want to be able to chose if I want to do it again or not. And if not, then either move my alt to max level or at least let me level it through normal xpac content activities. For example Torghast leveling would have been a great alternative.

Oh, NEW GAME+ is a briliant way to redo the campaign if you want to feel overpowered, there's nothing better then to eradicate those pests that killed you during vanilla, when you were level 10-20-30, now with all spells already learned etc.

The more alternatives the better.

I mean I got like 30-35 characters, why on earth would I want to LEVEL again ? There should be things like: HORDE leveling ONCE 100% quest completion, then all horde alts are either max lvl or level through current xpac activities, and the same for alliance. But no, blizzard does this only for the MAU (monthly active users) and to make you WASTE more time.

AGAIN, I don't like the ideea of removing questing and leveling, but rather make it an option after you comlete the game once.
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2024-05-21 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard are bad at understanding casual players
    so are you if you think you speak for more people than yourself...