15+ Year Old Account

Any other profession trainers in Remix?? (fishing trainer location in post)

Since Blizzard has been touting Remix as preparing alts for War Within, not being able to get professions prepped/caught up before Remix ends kinda sucks. I'm one of those types that want to keep professions up-to-date even if its simply gathering or cooking (fishing can fuck right off lol). I can understand why crafting professions aren't in Remix because it would give slots that we're not supposed to have gear in without earning them blah blah blah. But cooking gives us temporary buffs not gear. Cooking in MOP was fairly easy to max out and would fit in perfectly for our characters since the vendor food pretty much sucks.

Long post made shorter, are there ANY profession trainers that people have came across for us to learn from? I found the fishing trainer Ben of the Booming Voice located at 58.91, 46.92 (West Northwest of Halfhill on the river). He's the only one I've found and trains Shadowlands and below.

No, there are no other profession trainers in Remix as far as I'm aware, only fishing trainers and likely only because there are a handful of fishing quests that would be impossible without and I would guess they decided it was better to leave fishing in than to remove fishing quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsyek View Post
    No, there are no other profession trainers in Remix as far as I'm aware, only fishing trainers and likely only because there are a handful of fishing quests that would be impossible without and I would guess they decided it was better to leave fishing in than to remove fishing quests.
    The quests itself isn't likely the reason why. The reason why is because there is an entire faction dedicated to fishing that you can earn as majority of Nat Pagle's stuff is fishing related.

Kinda sad they removed cooking too, seeing how cooking was a major part of the Halfhill experience

Aren't all professions expansion specific nowadays, like you can train and lvl WW cooking and fishing independent of other expansions cooking and it will be the exact same without any other benefit ... What exactly do you want to prep for? To have recipes from old expansions on .. alts?

You don't need older expansion professions in TWW same as you didn't need them in DF so this thread makes no sense.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Since Blizzard has been touting Remix as preparing alts for War Within, not being able to get professions prepped/caught up before Remix ends kinda sucks. I'm one of those types that want to keep professions up-to-date even if its simply gathering or cooking (fishing can fuck right off lol). I can understand why crafting professions aren't in Remix because it would give slots that we're not supposed to have gear in without earning them blah blah blah. But cooking gives us temporary buffs not gear. Cooking in MOP was fairly easy to max out and would fit in perfectly for our characters since the vendor food pretty much sucks.

Long post made shorter, are there ANY profession trainers that people have came across for us to learn from? I found the fishing trainer Ben of the Booming Voice located at 58.91, 46.92 (West Northwest of Halfhill on the river). He's the only one I've found and trains Shadowlands and below.
    I'm confused, why would you need to prep alts in terms of professions for TWW? you learn the profession and start gathering when the new expansion drops

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    You don't need older expansion professions in TWW same as you didn't need them in DF so this thread makes no sense.
    Well, to be fair, 99% of threads on MMO-Champ are people whining about stuff that either was not intended the way they think or stuff that nobody else would care about.
    So, in that case this thread makes perfect sense in the context of this forum....

You cannot learn Khaz Algar professions on Pandaria (or anywhere else before TWW launches), and Pandaria professions are useless in TWW.

You cannot and thus don't need to prep professions in Remix for TWW.

Not quite; pandaria engineering gives the goblin glider tinker, so any engineers will need to level it up. Only to 25, though, and since you can skyride in TWW from the get-go it isn't exactly high-priority.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The quests itself isn't likely the reason why. The reason why is because there is an entire faction dedicated to fishing that you can earn as majority of Nat Pagle's stuff is fishing related.
    So are The Tillers which gives some toys, mounts, and cooking recipes

Are you accusing Blizzard of inconsistency? Why, I never!

Since Blizzard has been touting Remix as preparing alts for War Within, not being able to get professions prepped/caught up before Remix ends kinda sucks.
    Caught up to what? Professions will be leveled anew in TWW so you are already caught up lol. DF profession levels/knowledge will have nothing to do with TWW professions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Not quite; pandaria engineering gives the goblin glider tinker, so any engineers will need to level it up. Only to 25, though, and since you can skyride in TWW from the get-go it isn't exactly high-priority.
    Not to mention you can justbuy a goblin glider from AH regardless of your profession choice, so the engi ones are useless anyway

Why would you need to get professions caught up? Each expansion is now separate so there is nothing to catch up.

Prepped?

You do realise professions are segregated to their expansions? What's MoP crafts going to prep you for TWW?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    theres also a faction dedicated to cooking yet that faction is gone