World of Warcraft Cataclysm Classic Esports Announcement

World of Warcraft Cataclysm Classic Esports Announcement
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Cataclysm® Classic™ is here, which means it is time for more events!

This June is the Dragonslayer Challenge, where teams race through raids and dungeons. Then, the Cataclysm Arena Tournament, where top combatants will again test their mettle in an open bracket.

Dragonslayer Challenge

While many adventurers have conquered Blackwing Descent before, few are as fast and efficient as two of the top speedrunning guilds: Progress (EU - Gehennas) and None of the Above (EU - Gehennas).

But what if they didn’t have all the best items and near-unlimited time to gear up? The Dragonslayer Challenge gives these two guilds basic level 85 characters, limited time to gear up, and forces them to speedrun through Blackwing Descent.

Can these guilds conquer the challenge?

Watch them take on the Dragonslayer Challenge on June 8–9 live on YouTube and Twitch.

Cataclysm Arena Tournament

Prepare for the ultimate showdown in the 2024 Cataclysm Arena Tournament! This is your chance to witness the top players from Europe and North America battle for glory and a combined prize pool of $50,000 (USD). Don’t miss this event on June 14–16, live on YouTube and Twitch.

Don’t just watch the action; be a part of it! Sign-ups for the Cataclysm Arena Tournament are open until June 7 at 10:00 am PDT. Visit Raider.io for more details on Europe and North America. Stay updated with WoW Esports on Twitter, YouTube, and Twitch, and check out the WoW Classic website for all the latest news as we return to a changed Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who asked for this?

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Who asked for this?
    hate this statement lol, game developers can make stuff thats good even if no one asked for it

Who asked for this?
    Wait wait wait, are you telling me they didn't consult with you before making a decision? The fucking nerve of these people.

Spoilers, not everything has to be for everyone, i'm sure they have made plenty of content you like that somone else doesnt.
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

Who asked for this?
    I asked for this, and I've been granted it because I'm a nice guy and not an irritating prick.

Thats funny they mention NotA as they are no longer even competing in Cata and play only casually...

1+ Year Old Account
    The Arena esport tournament should've been a thing in TBC and Wrath Classic, not Cata tbh.
    I still dig the BWD speedrun tournament

Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    hate this statement lol, game developers can make stuff thats good even if no one asked for it

Make stuff that's good. Now there is a statement
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned