Poll: What was WoW's Magnus Opus?

This poll will close on 2024-10-27 at 01:46 AM

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who didn't vote Vanilla, either didn't play it, wasn't born, or wants to be edgy n vote Wotlk...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The early experience was miserable for unlucky min/max players. For the far greater majority of players who are not min/maxers you had an insane amount of content and collectibles to gather and everything was still very much achievable (especially given how easy EN was) you just would not get legendary logs (you still could easily get epic logs)
    Getting complete dogshit legendaries as a tank was absolutely awful.
    It had nothing to do with logs, it had everything to do with performing as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Everyone who didn't vote Vanilla, either didn't play it, wasn't born, or wants to be edgy n vote Wotlk...
    I concede I almost regret my vote for MoP.
    Vanilla was most memorable. Even those times when I got lost in-zone such Feralas, and that heavy wooded area near Raynewood Retreat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion hmmm. I voted for Legion but now im thinkin about this. And ill denied this. Vanilla was for sure. Everything past Vanilla. Cant compete with the tittle. Great times, great community, great cinematics, great world, great feelin, great music, great graphic. Yes vanilla was the best not becasue of the game it self just because the world around, players and that feelin. I know i know nostalgia hits here but. Yes. It is as it is. Nothin will change it. No other expansion can do that once more IMO.

I voted Mop

In terms of story-telling, immersion and art style I feel it was a big turning point for the game. The step up in quality/quantity of landscape and assets in the zones was huge compared to cata. (and often more dense than current DF zones!)
    Gear sets started to get 3D assets and more variety and the whole art style upgrade in MOP paved the future direction for the franchise (clean lines, chunkiness, brighter colours)

Replaying Remix has reminded me just how many cutscenes and voice acting was included. The story also feels logical and cohesive the whole way through the expac.

While I liked Legion a lot I don't think it was quite so groundbreaking, it comes in 2nd place for me though

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    It had nothing to do with logs, it had everything to do with performing as a tank.
    I had complete dogshit legendaries as a tankadin (Uther's Guard and Aggramar's Stride) and I still cleared EN Mythic just fine. By Helya mythic I did have one decent legendary (Sephuz) but that's it; I did not get my BiS until Nighthold progression was almost over.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2024-05-31 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Fuck that lame shit. Vanilla was a lot of fun but mostly for a bit of ooh awwww. I'd already had that with other MMOs. But TBC was infinitely better. They finally yanked their heads out of their asses and started to unfuck hybrid classes, awesome zones, better questing, infinitely better gameplay, and other than Naxx TBC raids blew Vanilla out of the water. TBC got the oooh and the awww on a better level than Vanilla and fixed the fucked up game design. I have zero interest in replying Classic WoW despite buddies always asking me. TBC was the only time I was tempted to join them.

That being said MoP and Legion were also top tier for me personally. Wrath was bleh. I loved DK and outside of personal stuff Wrath drained my love of raiding because of doing 10 man and 25 man groups each week. Naxx was a boring snooze fest of a tier which left my bored out of my mind. Ulduar was a lot of fun but then we turned right back into bullshit with the boring ass ToC. And then ICC goes back to being solid. Dungeons were also stupidly easy/boring at launch. I just can't give an expansion that I tore through content like a sand blaster through wet tissue paper not because I was having so much fun and eager to consume it but because it was so fucking mindlessly easy a vote for top tier no matter how much others enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Eh I personally found way more issue with DPS. While the tank legendries were definitely useful they had a much less noticeable effect than some classes were your dps was gutted without the legendary. Either way while it was annoying the bad luck protection/patches halfway through fixed most of my complaints.

But admittedly I was playing more casually with my 10 man group of old raid buddies. I never let the artifact power grind bother me like others did and simply went at my own pace picking out the high AP rewards or just not doing them if I didn't care to. I did my time hardcore raiding and half the pissing stressing and whining and raging at you because your ap was 5% lower than the theoretical maximum for a mythic 0 dungeon can go fuck themselves thinking that shit mattered.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2024-05-31 at 12:57 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.