Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Your opinion argues for what has been ongoing for almost a decade. Getting rid of almost all depth, what little there has been, to the nothing there is now, for what amounts to nothing more than the superficial. And quite frankly the superficial is something that hasn't been lacking.
    Because it's depth just for the sake of having it. I do not believe that there is any benefit in adding a series of interlocked choices that restrict player options just for the sake of having a bunch passives in-game telling you something that you can easily assume yourself as long as the visuals match your personal view.

Basically, i don't need my thin human mage from dalaran to have a bunch of racials to prove it. As long as i can make a thin human mage i can figure out his origin in my own terms and use other in-game elements to match that view (titles, tmog, mounts) if that is something that i want to do. Not to mention that there are addons that can help with that.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    My opinion is that your entire concept sound really coold for the world of warcraft from 15 years ago, but nowadays i believe that character creation should be first and foremost about looks with racials existing mostly to add a some unique flavour.
    Good thing there are other versions of WoW, not just retail. This could fit SoD, where people don't whine about added immersion and roleplay.

But in your concept you add layers of complexity to something that should be much more simple: you are a human, these are your racials... now go crazy with chracter creation! make a thin human playing a warrior tank, go for the fat rogue or just make your regular human mage and roleplay as it comes from a long line of Dalaran mages... but all three of them should have the same racials and class options.
    Can't believe this is considered complicated for you people. Heck, why have racials at all? Let's get rid of them all because it might upset competitive players. You know what? Who needs different races, anyway? Let's just be blobs of nothingness and let the player identify as what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Basically, i don't need my thin human mage from dalaran to have a bunch of racials to prove it. As long as i can make a thin human mage i can figure out his origin in my own terms and use other in-game elements to match that view (titles, tmog, mounts) if that is something that i want to do. Not to mention that there are addons that can help with that.
    Why restrict someone to being a human mage? That is so forceful. Just be numbers on a screen and you'll decide, on paper, what you are. Actually, why have lore at all? It's a waste of time. The player will decide if they want to be a futuristic black hawk helicopter that shoots lasers out of their eyes. It's not like this game is defined at all. God damn... the lore of this game is so underutilized and you guys just discredit it even more. Why bother...
    Last edited by username993720; 2024-05-28 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a really fun read.

The way it works now feels awkward: you’ve got ‘Kul’tiran’ who are just human and ‘Human’ whose tribe you can’t choose in the heritage questline. The naming conventions in game are just f’ed.

The good thing about current customization is you can mix and match, which makes better sense if the game is to move forward with clans mingling.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    This was a really fun read.
    Glad you enjoyed it.

The way it works now feels awkward: you’ve got ‘Kul’tiran’ who are just human and ‘Human’ whose tribe you can’t choose in the heritage questline. The naming conventions in game are just f’ed.

The good thing about current customization is you can mix and match, which makes better sense if the game is to move forward with clans mingling.
    I think allied races take up space of actual new races. This will solve it.