Poll: Should timerunning become a new feature?

  1. #1

    Timerunning should be a new feature.

    Some already fixed and fixable teething issues aside, this event has been the most fun i had in wow for ages. And I think this mode deserves to exist on a more permanent basis like timewalking, not a maybe once every end of xpack cycle.

    But I think its severely flawed in many respects if we are to get more things need to be changed.

    You should be able to use old characters and enter the event from the main game, not unlike timewalking. Such as a portal in stormwind/orgrimmar.

    How id see that work is to make a new system not unlike deep dungeons in ff14 that handles your power without using your current gear or level (you'd still gain real xp from doing it on a low level). I could also see some achievements granting (fairly small) permanent time running stats so you get a little stronger start next time around.

    The 'cloak' or whatever the next infinitely upgradable thing is should be account wide.

    Gaining cosmetics and power should be kept seperate.

    Lfr Raids should have 2-3 days lockout but give the same rewards as if done everyday now, 13 wings a day is a bit much lol.

    Do you think it should be a consistent new feature? And should there be other/different changes?

  2. #2
    I do not like it being FOMO. Time and time again, somebody comes back to the game (or joins) and they see or hear something and their interest is piqued and I have to tell them "sorry that experience is gone, you can't experience that anymore". MoP legendary questline, WoD questline, doing these cool climatic raids when they were current and challenging and other people were doing them, gladiator stance, Mage Tower, War of Thorns questline, etc. Someone is going to come back or join the game, and I'm going to have to tell them "sorry, you can't these legendary cloaks because you missed the window of opportunity. Sorry, you can't get these mounts or cool garrosh heirloom transmogs. Sorry, you're going to have to farm timeless isle frogs for 30 hours to run SoO 508 times and hope you get the Tusks of Mannoroth on a bonus roll. Sorry, you can't play SoO while it is challenging and everyone is doing it and get the cool Paragon of the Mists title. Sorry, you can't get this chicken backpack."

  3. #3
    Time running WoD is the next logical way.
    WoD had some of the best zone designs and questing.
    WoD had some of the best dungeons, and especially WoD had THE best raid (and two really good raids)

    They could turn Timerunning into seasonal thing, something you pour hours in when there's nothing to do in retail on offseasons, or after progression ends.

    But the hyper leveling speed would cost then tons of boosts, so maybe tone that one down

  4. #4
    The biggest problem is that it's temporary.

    Other than that it's absolutely the most fun I've had in WoW since maybe MoP itself. I love how they don't give a shit how overpowered you are. There's no stupid MAU mechanics tied to it. Everything respawns daily, the powers are busted as hell.

    It's exactly what I wanted Season of Discovery to be but found it very unfun because Vanilla, regardless of how you spice it up, just kind of sucks.

    I sure hope this is what they do with WoD/Legion since it's clear Cataclysm seems to be the last Classic server they want to do.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I do not like it being FOMO. Time and time again, somebody comes back to the game (or joins) and they see or hear something and their interest is piqued and I have to tell them "sorry that experience is gone, you can't experience that anymore". MoP legendary questline, WoD questline, doing these cool climatic raids when they were current and challenging and other people were doing them, gladiator stance, Mage Tower, War of Thorns questline, etc. Someone is going to come back or join the game, and I'm going to have to tell them "sorry, you can't these legendary cloaks because you missed the window of opportunity. Sorry, you can't get these mounts or cool garrosh heirloom transmogs. Sorry, you're going to have to farm timeless isle frogs for 30 hours to run SoO 508 times and hope you get the Tusks of Mannoroth on a bonus roll. Sorry, you can't play SoO while it is challenging and everyone is doing it and get the cool Paragon of the Mists title. Sorry, you can't get this chicken backpack."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    The biggest problem is that it's temporary.

    Other than that it's absolutely the most fun I've had in WoW since maybe MoP itself. I love how they don't give a shit how overpowered you are. There's no stupid MAU mechanics tied to it. Everything respawns daily, the powers are busted as hell.

    It's exactly what I wanted Season of Discovery to be but found it very unfun because Vanilla, regardless of how you spice it up, just kind of sucks.

    I sure hope this is what they do with WoD/Legion since it's clear Cataclysm seems to be the last Classic server they want to do.
    It MUST be temporary. What's wrong with you guys? You don't want Remix to compete with retail, SoD and what not.

    There is also bad FOMO and good FOMO. This is good fomo that kicked started player activity. 90days is a long time. After recent changes - every single casual should be able to target atleast a couple of collectables.

    Otherwise - go play MoP classic(hopefully, they just do WoD remix instead).

    Alternative is that they just add some permanent vendor in Retail, where you can buy every single mount. The price could be 1 weekly token.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2024-05-25 at 10:09 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    It MUST be temporary. What's wrong with you guys? You don't want Remix to compete with retail, SoD and what not.

    There is also bad FOMO and good FOMO. This is good fomo that kicked started player activity. 90days is a long time. After recent changes - every single casual should be able to target atleast a couple of collectables.

    Otherwise - go play MoP classic(hopefully, they just do WoD remix instead).

    Alternative is that they just add some permanent vendor in Retail, where you can buy every single mount. The price could be 1 weekly token.
    a.) I dont give a shit about SoD. SoD sucks and MoP Remix is such a better version of anything SoD can offer. It's the most fun version of the idea that SoD presented itself as originally.

    b.) This idea of, "You can't have a fun mode, we need to not hurt retail, where it sucks!" is reductive and childish. Retail should then change if MoP Remix has even a slight chance to hurt it.

    c.) There is no good FOMO. That is a joke. You are actively pushing bullshit pro-corpo practices with this claim. Once again, if Remix is a threat to retail, retail shouldn't be as shit.

    d.) There is no MoP Classic. This existing seems to confirm MoP Classic will never happen. And as much as I love MoP, MoP Remix is not MoP, so just going to do MoP on retail is not the same whatsoever.

    e.) I cannot more fully express how much more fun Remix is than Retail or anything Season of Discovery is. If your only counter to this is, "Well you're just having fun because you're overpowered!" then yes, congratulations. You've arrived at the correct conclusion. And the fact that Blizzard clearly has people who understand this means that we can have this reality if we actually ask for it and not just accept the exact same kind of standard milquetoast shit we always get.

    I would gladly sacrifice Season of Discovery a thousand times over if MoP Remix is the version of the game we could get as the Retail alternative from here until WoW is dead. From WoD to Legion to BfA to Shadowlands to DF to even previous expansions.
    Last edited by Arlette; 2024-05-25 at 10:35 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    a.) I dont give a shit about SoD. SoD sucks and MoP Remix is such a better version of anything SoD can offer. It's the most fun version of the idea that SoD presented itself as originally.

    b.) This idea of, "You can't have a fun mode, we need to not hurt retail, where it sucks!" is reductive and childish. Retail should then change if MoP Remix has even a slight chance to hurt it.

    c.) There is no good FOMO. That is a joke. You are actively pushing bullshit pro-corpo practices with this claim. Once again, if Remix is a threat to retail, retail shouldn't be as shit.

    d.) There is no MoP Classic. This existing seems to confirm MoP Classic will never happen. And as much as I love MoP, MoP Remix is not MoP, so just going to do MoP on retail is not the same whatsoever.
    There is no good FOMO?

    Well, why do you play then? Why do you ask for more?

    Ultimately, it kickstarts the activity. The alternative is snoozefest until next expansion and people dropping off(which defiantly not better than even worst of the FOMOs).

    Call it want you want:

    1. Remix is temporary/good FOMO.
    2. Alternative is a permenant vendor in retail selling every cosmetic/mounts.
    3. There can't be a permanent Remix. It's fucking stupid.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    There is no good FOMO?

    Well, why do you play then? Why do you ask for more?.
    ...what lol. You think I'm wanting more of this to be temporary? What argument do you think you're making here lol.

    MoP Remix being FOMO is the worst part of it.

    How did you not get that from what I was saying?

    I'll spell it out again since you don't seem to understand:

    MoP Remix is phenomenal. The fact that it's temporary is the only negative part of it. It's entirely possible to love this thing while also think it being temporary is bad.
    Last edited by Arlette; 2024-05-25 at 10:38 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    ...what lol. You think I'm wanting more of this to be temporary? What argument do you think you're making here lol.

    MoP Remix being FOMO is the worst part of it.

    How did you not get that from what I was saying?

    I'll spell it out again since you don't seem to understand:

    MoP Remix is phenomenal. The fact that it's temporary is the only negative part of it.
    WTF are you talking about?

    And I said there is no alternative. MoP remix can only be temporary.

    Your suggestion is like having a permanent Timewalking event in Retail.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    It's like having a permanent Timewalking event in Retail.
    (Then maybe they should do that)

    I don't get how you cannot understand this basic argument.

    You're acting like, "Oh well there is nothing that isn't temporary in the game" as if its a hard and fast rule that can't be changed rofl.

    How many more ways can I spell it out:

    There is no permanent version of this in the game. There should be one. Because it's supremely fun and drives sub numbers and because it's strictly rewarding cosmetics, it doesn't present a threat to retail. Because if it was permanent, eventually the hardcore whales who never stop subbing to WoW will eventually get everything Remix has to offer.
    Last edited by Arlette; 2024-05-25 at 10:41 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    (Then maybe they should do that)

    I don't get how you cannot understand this basic thing lol
    Are you kidding me?

    How about fucking respecting the game?

    It's not that I don't understand you. I just see you uneducated with zero neurons available.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Are you kidding me?

    How about fucking respecting the game?

    It's not that I don't understand you. I just see you uneducated with zero neurons available.
    You've made literally no argument other than, "This disrespects the game" without even explaining how.

    There is no player power tied to MoP Remix. It's strictly cosmetic.

    Stop being so fucking dramatic.

    There is no reason to not have it as a permanent fixed feature that exists solely between the 20-70 range (And every subsequent expansion that works like this would also be 20-previous expac cap) that only awards cosmetics.

    You're just throwing a fit over a cosmetic feature lol
    Last edited by Arlette; 2024-05-25 at 10:47 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    You've made literally no argument other than, "This disrespects the game" without even explaining how.

    There is no player power tied to MoP Remix. It's strictly cosmetic.

    Stop being so fucking dramatic.
    I do explain. You are returning with "roflmao, how hard is it to understand olol".

    Exactly. Cosmetics has value. If you make it permanently available, you will devalue the cosmetics.

    Imagine buying Tusks of Mannoroth for 10 honor points anytime you want. Tusks of Mannoroth becomes equivalent to PvP vendors who are selling S1 gear for free.

    And I said - alternative would be - that there is vendor who are selling everything in Retail, but for a the cost of weekly cache.

    Remix should still be a brief moment of distraction(yes, a good FOMO over 90 days, 1-2 times per year).

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post

    But the hyper leveling speed would cost then tons of boosts, so maybe tone that one down
    That would be solved by making a difference between time running xp and real xp along with all power as I suggest.

  15. #15
    I love the idea.

    Ide be happy to just drop the idea of a Season 4 entirely and have a 3 month timerunning at the end of every season.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Hottage's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    3,840
    In the UI code Timerunning is already described as "seasonal", for example in this function: PlayerGetTimerunningSeasonID().

    I have almost no doubt they will repeat this event with different expansions.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage | Remix: Rixxa, Claw of Eternus
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

  17. #17
    FOMO can be fixed by running events again.
    It's slight FOMO but you can do it later.

    No different from ingame holidays. If a remix comes around fast enough it's fine.

    Even when they rotate back to MOP remix again slap a few new rewards on and everyone that beat it last time has a reason to run again.

  18. #18
    After Plunderstorm and now Remix, I am curious what other ideas they have come up with. Keep these mode’s temporary but have them repeat yearly or every other year.

  19. #19
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    I love the idea.

    Ide be happy to just drop the idea of a Season 4 entirely and have a 3 month timerunning at the end of every season.
    or have both? end of expansion double feature

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •