Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You do know those rolling hill countrysides STILL exist right?
    The population being dense where it should be dense does not suddenly delete the rest of the world.
    This isn't the topic of conversation. It is the opinion that people spread thin = making the world look bigger. Nobody is saying the rest of the world gets deleted when everyone is cramped in one place.

If there are 10,000 people logged in but you quest through an entire zone and only bump into a few people, it makes the world look big. If you are questing through a zone constantly waiting on mobs to respawn, clipping through a dozen other people at a questgiver, it makes the world look compact and cramped.

I'd love if they moved the entire gem and bronze upgrading system over to live specifically for legacy loot mode instanced content.

It's really fun going through blasting raids while running as fast as a mount, and with all the tinker abilities. It'd be fun to be able to earn a set of gear powerful enough to solo last-expansion raids and the like by doing something like this. As long as it didn't function outside of instances, naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Don't worry, MoP Classic coming next year to crush your nostalgia.
    No reason to replay something I already finished so utterly in the first place. But maybe MoP classic may crush your delusion and herald demands for a return to form for class design.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    No reason to replay something I already finished so utterly in the first place. But maybe MoP classic may crush your delusion and herald demands for a return to form for class design.
    Totally. Just like vanilla teached everyone how hard raids were back then, TBC Classic about awesomeness of attunement system and heroic dungeons with difficulty of depths of hell (actual quotes from Preach gaming videos about TBC created around MoP/WoD), finally WoltK show me that all these tales about balanced and ULTRA FUN Pvp were not lying - millions and millions queued for WoTLK Classic arenas every day.

I'm sure another bastion of nostalgia, mighty class design of MoP will be another lesson to me. And that will spark whole community to scrap that outdated DF trees in favor of MoP tiles and return brave decisions like giving everyone everything.

the most important thing to carry over is a permanent 100% exp gained buff for your alts once you have a character at max level

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Idk, even Max said in the poddyc podcast that Mythic raids should be made easier once the race to world first is over. Of course it shouldn't be as easy as timerunning right now, but I would mind to basically outgear a raid through the course of a season until it's as easy as current awakened raids. And I say that as cutting edge raider - hard raids are cool for the first 2-3 months, after that it gets old. And mythic guilds surely need more people that could clear a raid, not less, because recruiting sucks rn.
    Mythic raids are made easier once the race to world first is over. There are constant nerfs to the content AND the average CE guild (and even most of the Hall of Fame guilds) are clearing the bosses with at least 10% more throughput and survivability just from gear ilvl. I think there's definitely a happy medium between every boss dying in five pulls and some bosses taking five hundred, but it's objectively true that they are already made easier over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Totally. Just like vanilla teached everyone how hard raids were back then, TBC Classic about awesomeness of attunement system and heroic dungeons with difficulty of depths of hell (actual quotes from Preach gaming videos about TBC created around MoP/WoD), finally WoltK show me that all these tales about balanced and ULTRA FUN Pvp were not lying - millions and millions queued for WoTLK Classic arenas every day.

I'm sure another bastion of nostalgia, mighty class design of MoP will be another lesson to me. And that will spark whole community to scrap that outdated DF trees in favor of MoP tiles and return brave decisions like giving everyone everything.
    Based post. People who are blinded by nostalgia will come along and blame literally everything else for this but it's fact. The reason things felt difficult, people talked more, and everything took longer is because everyone was shit, chat rooms were still a novel and innovative thing, and everyone's computers and internet were shit. It's nothing to do with "getting frost resistance gear is hard", or because "server reputation", or whatever else. The game was worse than it is now, but it was new and we were all dumb.

The funniest part is people complained about how talent points were "just 1% filler points" pre-MoP, then complained that talent points "weren't even a choice" post-MoP, and now we're back to "class design was so much better in MoP" post-DF. I'd bet money that 80%+ of the people who talk about MoP class design didn't even play the game back then and just heard their favourite streamer say it.
    Last edited by Nzx; 2024-06-09 at 01:24 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Mythic raids are made easier once the race to world first is over. There are constant nerfs to the content AND the average CE guild (and even most of the Hall of Fame guilds) are clearing the bosses with at least 10% more throughput and survivability just from gear ilvl. I think there's definitely a happy medium between every boss dying in five pulls and some bosses taking five hundred, but it's objectively true that they are already made easier over time.
    Regarding Mythic Raids, I think nerfs need to be more upfront and quicker after RWF rather than really delayed. Our Guild killed Tindral the week before the Tindral/Fyrakk nerfs announced for April 2nd, and then on that date they announced the Season was ending 3 Weeks. I think it's one of the most frustrating and annoying timings to nerf end bosses, and we went from the high of finally killing Tindral to being severely demotivated by the timings and having to deal with Season 4 in general. Looking at RIO for boss kills, it was obvious Smolderon/Tindral were gatekeeping lots of Guilds so why they decided to implement changes so late in the tier was infuriating.

As for features, I'd love to see Scrolls for Buffs/Auras etc added back to the game. It's incredibly frustrating that you need to bring a Mage/Priest/Druid/DH/Monk/Warrior/Paladin for all the buffs they bring, along with Hunters for Mark and Warlocks likely for Gateway/Healthstones. There's scrolls for Buffs, as well as Magic/Physical Touch increased damage and having these would be great for Raids when you don't have a Class for some reason, especially at a Mythic setting where missing PW: Fortitude could mean the difference between life/death or failing an enrage whilst missing Attack Power buff.

I also think it would be rather cool to see the Scroll of Summoning added. I think it has niche potential given the amount of portals players have and meeting stones, but it could have potential.

I'd also like to see maybe the addition of a Trinket/Ring that gave increased Speed/Leech in legacy content which you could possibly add for Timewarped Badges. Fast movement has been fun in Thunder King runs and quick MSV/HOF/TOT/SOO Raids where you need to move a lot and trash doesn't require you stop much. Extra Leech for Classes that don't have much self-healing would be cool.

Not sure how I feel about Bronze/Upgrading gear. It's felt extremely expensive to upgrade gear (which is my focus atm) which means I've barely bought cosmetics and my plan for Alt Timerunners is to level, buy cosmetics with aquired Bronze and delete/remake. Also unsure about how I feel regarding pretty much all cosmetics being available with relatively little challenge, but that might be the MOP Player in me coming out there.

Could be interesting to earn some currency like Bronze from running legacy content so you can buy Dungeon/Raid appearences that won't drop. Also from Retail I really like you can upgrade gear to get a different colour (LFR>Normal for example). Being able to upgrade Legacy Content gear with a currency to get Heroic/Mythic appearences would be nice (or if you unlock the Mythic/highest difficulty appearence you get them all).
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post

Based post. People who are blinded by nostalgia will come along and blame literally everything else for this but it's fact. The reason things felt difficult, people talked more, and everything took longer is because everyone was shit, chat rooms were still a novel and innovative thing, and everyone's computers and internet were shit. It's nothing to do with "getting frost resistance gear is hard", or because "server reputation", or whatever else. The game was worse than it is now, but it was new and we were all dumb.

The funniest part is people complained about how talent points were "just 1% filler points" pre-MoP, then complained that talent points "weren't even a choice" post-MoP, and now we're back to "class design was so much better in MoP" post-DF. I'd bet money that 80%+ of the people who talk about MoP class design didn't even play the game back then and just heard their favourite streamer say it.
    Yeah but getting weekly nerfs feels like shit, especially if the boss gets gutted while you are currently progressing there. I would rather have it organically done via gear like it was used to in the past.

#TEAMGIRAFFE