Question What's the point of the garrosh heirlooms?

If I recall they originally had special effects which is gone now.

So is it just sockets? Kind of silly for a month of grinding just to get them then.

Sockets are nice if you like to min/max or twink (I don’t know if this is still a thing, I haven’t done it in years). And for collecting purposes.

iirc they had a bit higher state budget (esp if you got the mythic versions) than other heirlooms and also had the gem sockets

Honestly, it seems like such a drain of time for little gain, especially since you still have to pay who knows how much gold to upgrade them.

It's basically the only reason you would need to upgrade gear in this to get them. Without that it's just better to spend bronze on cosmetics.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelTeapot View Post

So is it just sockets? Kind of silly for a month of grinding just to get them then.
    they never had special effects. it was just sockets. I think you're thinking of the heirlooms introduced at the end of WoD, which gave bonus damage to demons. looking at them now they gave a damage effect against everything and a bonus damage against demons. so yeah, those special effects are still there

If you want the mog its the easier of the 2 ways to get them

The spear is a cool transmog, gonna used it for my Orc DK.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    If you want the mog its the easier of the 2 ways to get them
    I don’t think there is another way to get them. They were removed when WoD launched

So it's the high warlord weapons?

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's the high warlord weapons?
    They're based on the HWL weapons from Vanilla. None of them are exact 1:1.

The alternative way to get them for TMog now is Rated BGs. Good luck with that.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don’t think there is another way to get them. They were removed when WoD launched
    You can get the same models by reaching high enough rated bg rating. Granted only as horde.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    You can get the same models by reaching high enough rated bg rating. Granted only as horde.
    Oh I didn’t know that. That being said, killing Garrosh a bunch of times seems easier. Absolute snoozefest on normal

Completion, filling up that empty spots in your Heirloom tab.

Cosmetic, filling up that empty spots in your Appearance tab.

You know, mentally ill collection addicted people.

They're cool and make you feel special, and they do have sockets which is an advantage over other heirloom weapons (and great to have in certain twink/TW brackets as well).

That's it, really.

Which is a good thing. It'd be quite a different matter if they had some kind of insane advantage to them, because they were a limited-time item.

Blizzard have managed to implement exclusive rewards even in fun event, yeah.

Solo MMO: no more humiliating queues and toxic competing. Aggro and combat: game would only be better without obsoleted mechanics.