Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really like the warrior thief engi set.

I knew the warrior was going to only emulate paragon from gw1, it's a shame they won't be able to wield a shield at at the same time.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account

Rev, Mesmer, and Ele

Nice video editing transitions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, the really closed with the best.

Mesmers got the melee they wanted.
    Eles got a ranged.
    And I got a new condi weapon for my rev and it's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Their enemies are busy labeling people "shitheads," dodging all the tough arguments (to the extent they acknowledge contrary arguments existing), and going over all the prejudices that make them believe they're arguing with bad people.
    "Dodge tough questions" types the poster with people on ignore who he couldn't handle the tough questions of.

Ele looks great! Finally a ranged option after so many disappointing weapons. Really wanted a longbow but the animations on this look good so can't complain.
    Now we just need anet to add more Spear options as there aren't many nice looking weapons

Rev looks really cool as well.

Rev and Ele looked amazing. Not sure what was going on with the Mesmer one, but that's on theme.
    I'm also pretty hype for Ranger Spear.
    I'm very optimistic for this expansion compared to SotO.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Ele looks great! Finally a ranged option after so many disappointing weapons. Really wanted a longbow but the animations on this look good so can't complain.
    Now we just need anet to add more Spear options as there aren't many nice looking weapons

Rev looks really cool as well.
    There people on reddit who whinned that ele got spear as an ranged offensive option instead of "fixing staff". Except ele staff has only been a support weapon except for a brief period where it wasnt balanced, so I don't know what people are basing their arguments on? But as someone who has always liked ele, I'm loving spear. Ele in GW2 actually made me try mage classes in other RPGs, previously hated the elementalist/mage archtype in games before GW2. I would say GW2s take is more in line with a shaman than a wizard in other games though.

All the classes look good though, and Anet learned a lesson and showcased new animations, something they didn't do with SOTO. I'm hoping Anet moves some of the "melee staff" skins that were obviously made before the decided introduce land spears to spear. Theres a ton of good skins they gave to staff that could apply to spear from an era where they gave several classes a melee staff option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Rev and Ele looked amazing. Not sure what was going on with the Mesmer one, but that's on theme.
    I'm also pretty hype for Ranger Spear.
    I'm very optimistic for this expansion compared to SotO.
    Spear mesmer should be great in pvp on paper. Its giving vibes from mirage in terms of positioning being important but mirages numbers have been nerfed and havent recovered for a few balance cycles at this point. But Mesmer/mirages axe seems similar to the spear preview.

I say this often but where Anet fumbles they also make up for it because they actually play their game and listen to the community. They might be bad communicators but I dont think Anet has ever truly done me wrong as a gamer. I've been a fan since i was little kid whose parents wouldn't pay for a MMORPG sub and also didnt have time/patience for the long grinds that were "normal" when GW1 came out. Nightfall also has special place in my heart for representation reasons.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2024-06-21 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    There people on reddit who whinned that ele got spear as an ranged offensive option instead of "fixing staff". Except ele staff has only been a support weapon except for a brief period where it wasnt balanced, so I don't know what people are basing their arguments on? But as someone who has always liked ele, I'm loving spear. Ele in GW2 actually made me try mage classes in other RPGs, previously hated the elementalist/mage archtype in games before GW2. I would say GW2s take is more in line with a shaman than a wizard in other games though.
    It's the people who want to play like a fire wizard I guess I wouldn't mind a rework of Staff as well tbh.

Very excited for their livestream, really interested in seeing the other abilities.

I'm glad the spear already seems like a big improvement over the SotO weapons. Gives me a little bit more hope for the expansion.

Still got a few months of the campaign until launch, but I'm eagerly waiting to find out what's what with homesteads. And if they'll share anything about what'll go on with them pot-JW. Because this definitely feels like the kind of feature that needs to follow us around in expansions somehow, not just exist in JW only.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2177979158

vod for the livestream they did showing off the new skills. No final icons or anything which is par for the course.

Only watching guardian (zero cares about other classes, I now even have two guardians as I'm replaying the whole story on a norn alt...yes, I'm damaged), and I'm down with it.

We get our cone AoE autoattack back, even if massively nerfed range? And it heals? Rad.

Movement 2 seems...broken on 2 second cooldown? That can't be final, because otherwise that's gonna be batshit stupid mobility on top of an easy way to proc illumination before using other skills. He's resetting the cooldown with dev commands on some skills, but not seeing anything like that (and the tooltip shows 2s). Might not even need to rock WB for mobility with that, not that I think FB/DH offer anything remotely competitive nor does core. But even on a longer cooldown a nice dual-use damage/healing mobility skill.

AoE is nice, and will be a decent way to help contribute might/fury fairly reliably.

Spearthrow is rad as fuck looking. I like that the illumination effect rewards you for using it in close quarters while keeping it as a functional ranged skill.

5 is dope (and I hope we can get rid of the knockback effect in PvE since that's always annoying), and yo that's big resistance.

Not sure how to make a powerboon build work really, though. My fractal set is Harriers which is kinda shit DPS, maybe Zealot even if that still is only power/healing power/precision? The lack of ferocity will suck, but maybe that'll be a new expansion combo or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rev was a little slow on the animations but I feel like that can be fixed.

Warrior wins 100% on theme though. I love the idea that the closer you are to the target, the bigger your aoe impact is.
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Their enemies are busy labeling people "shitheads," dodging all the tough arguments (to the extent they acknowledge contrary arguments existing), and going over all the prejudices that make them believe they're arguing with bad people.
    "Dodge tough questions" types the poster with people on ignore who he couldn't handle the tough questions of.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Rev was a little slow on the animations but I feel like that can be fixed.

Warrior wins 100% on theme though. I love the idea that the closer you are to the target, the bigger your aoe impact is.
    I gotta look at the whole stream, but I've heard lots of good things about elementalist, too. While the SotO weapons weren't bad or necessarily negatively received, the sentiment around these seems so much more positive overall. I think the devs really benefitted from picking a single weapon type and being able to theme everything around that single weapon with class-specific flavors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele is insane. It's exactly what I wanted a ranged damage weapoj for Ele to be. They are going to have to change it 5 skills for visibility but yeah solid. Liked warrior, engi seems fun to mess around with too. Seems like they had these skills cooking a lot more than the addictions the made for SOTO, even some of the EOD specs.

Am I wrong that I almost like the place holder icons. I mean they are ugly but I would kind of like to be able to toggle "simple icons" sometimes when trying to learn a new build.