Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/xRCrKgP
    This is concerning. The PCIe should be 4.0 x16 on both sides of the @ symbol. This indicates that something is wrong with the PCIe interface. I recommend you try to re-seat the GPU, or reinstall drivers(use DDU, then reinstall drivers). Hopefully one of those actions will clear that up for you. If it won't, you may have to inspect the card for damage.
    It is nothing to worry about and is perfectly normal. It is a result of power saving where the PCI bus will run at a lower speed and bus width when the GPU is not under load, if you click on the "?" next the read out you can run a render test which will put some stress on the GPU and it will display the full PCIe speed and width.

Just to add the OP is running an Intel 10th Gen on a Z490 and from what I remember PCIE 4.0 was only usable with an 11th Gen CPU on Z490 so the the GPU will run at 3.0 x 16 when under load, but again this normal and nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by Pann; 2024-06-12 at 02:25 PM.

https://imgur.com/a/xRCrKgP
    This is concerning. The PCIe should be 4.0 x16 on both sides of the @ symbol. This indicates that something is wrong with the PCIe interface. I recommend you try to re-seat the GPU, or reinstall drivers(use DDU, then reinstall drivers). Hopefully one of those actions will clear that up for you. If it won't, you may have to inspect the card for damage.
    Yeah like the other guy said, it shows 16x 1.1 when I'm not doing anything, but when running a game, it switches to 16x 3.0 on the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    How old is your windows instalation?
    One year. Fresh win10 on a brand new M.2 drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Try the
    dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    and
    sfc /scannow
    commands in an elevated cmd prompt.

It solved a similar issue for me a while back.

Could also try scanning the drives for errors.

DISM tool didn't find anything, but sfc did, so I'll see if that changes anything.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2024-06-12 at 05:04 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if system is needing to render, mines also says that, but as soon as i do any render on it, it goes to full speed.

and when render is enabled.