Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    that is a non answer and you know it. YOU made a claim, the burden of proof is on YOU.

    but sure since you can say, I'm also making a claim - I can show you who this event was for because they specifically stated it. its for people who wanted fun, easy romp through the old expansion. its for people who wanted a chance at collectibles that are normally heavy on rng - now buyable to currency you get from doing absolutely anything and everything from the game - one can INFERE that this means - casual friendly. its for people to level up a bunch of alts quicker then retail - again, doesn't really scream hardcore to me.

    these are direct quotes from the article which I'm ALSO linking. https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...daria-now-live



    notice the "EVERYONE" in one of the headers.

    YOU are speculating and making it sound like a definitive intention. you are being evasive because you have no grounds for your speculation other then personal bias and vibes. and than you use that personal bias and vibes to talk derisively about people who are going off blizzard's actual words.
    Well, okay let's talk about THE BURDEN of PROOF on ME:

    Stop using strawmen to start with. That is not a proof, it's an introduction to what MoP Remix is. And that depends on who reads it.

    I read(hardcore player):
    "I am going grind the fuck of the game and be done with MoP. I have been waiting 12years for these 90days. And I will level so many alts, that I never have to level again".

    What you read:
    "Im just going to casually float around and get all the collectibles with no effort. Because im "casual" aka lazy".

    The real casuals are reading:
    "Im going to play a little bit and quit. Maybe I can get the Tusks for absolut no reason, but everybody is talking about them. What is this mode even?".

    The real question is:
    How many of me, how many of you and how many real casuals are playing remix. They are going to determine, what Remix actually is and who it is for.

    Observing the min/max strategies, LFG titles, the whole frog thing - it is very easy tell, that you need to grind(the old hardcore way). And you have to do it, in a very specific way to get most value. That is my observable proof.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2024-06-10 at 04:38 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Well, okay let's talk about THE BURDEN of PROOF on ME:

    Stop using strawmen to start with. That is not a proof, it's an introduction to what MoP Remix is. And that depends on who reads it.

    I read(hardcore player):
    "I am going grind the fuck of the game and be done with MoP. I have been waiting 12years for these 90days. And I will level so many alts, that I never have to level again".

    What you read:
    "Im just going to casually float around and get all the collectibles with no effort. Because im "casual" aka lazy".

    The real casuals are reading:
    "Im going to play a little bit and quit. Maybe I can get the Tusks for absolut no reason, but everybody is talking about them. What is this mode even?".

    The real question is:
    How many of me, how many of you and how many real casuals are playing remix. They are going to determine, what Remix actually is and who it is for.

    Observing the min/max strategies, LFG titles, the whole frog thing - it is very easy tell, that you need to grind(the old hardcore way). And you have to do it, in a very specific way to get most value. That is my observable proof.
    nope, its still speculation based on playerbase attidudes, some of them strawmen (oh the irony) NOT Blizzard's actual intentions.

    lets recap.

    the mode is 3 months long, advertised for everyone, INCLUDING FREE ACCOUNTS
    currency is awarded from ALL content
    mounts, toys and transmogs are placed on a VENDOR, making them accessible to causal players who would otherwise not even bother with them.
    all of the raids and dungeons are not only made available, bulk of them is available before max level.
    all the reputations with possible exception of Shao shao - are HEAVILY boosted. we are talking you can hit exalted with some of them in under an hour while barely even trying.

    sounds like a mode aimed at a variety of players to me, not just hardcores, but keep building that "you are just lazy" strawman.

    edited to add.

    I have ran into players in Jade forest bazar that weren't even at max cloak yet. I know because you get a system announcement when achievement is reached next to you, and I saw several hit lower end infinite power achievements. I gave up on dungeons for a while because they have turned into being simultaneously tedious and exhausting from trying to keep up with breakneck speed endeavor and its just NOT fun. its a goddamn chore at this point. but because I ran them on multiple alts, I would see variety of groups and I would STILL run into new players there as well - players trying to do their best to keep up, bosses taking actual time to die, etc.

    casuals ARE playing this mode. trying to anyway. casually.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2024-06-10 at 06:15 PM.

  3. #43
    Saying MoP Remix is not for new players is already toxic enough. Apparently you don't like new players, because they slow you down. That is toxic and min/max behavior and it's really disgusting. That said, the whole system of WoW is set up in such way that new players won't be rewarded for their effort at all. Only punishment. So Blizzard has a big take in this as well.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    nope, its still speculation based on playerbase attidudes, some of them strawmen (oh the irony) NOT Blizzard's actual intentions.

    lets recap.

    the mode is 3 months long, advertised for everyone, INCLUDING FREE ACCOUNTS
    currency is awarded from ALL content
    mounts, toys and transmogs are placed on a VENDOR, making them accessible to causal players who would otherwise not even bother with them.
    all of the raids and dungeons are not only made available, bulk of them is available before max level.
    all the reputations with possible exception of Shao shao - are HEAVILY boosted. we are talking you can hit exalted with some of them in under an hour while barely even trying.

    sounds like a mode aimed at a variety of players to me, not just hardcores, but keep building that "you are just lazy" strawman.

    edited to add.

    I have ran into players in Jade forest bazar that weren't even at max cloak yet. I know because you get a system announcement when achievement is reached next to you, and I saw several hit lower end infinite power achievements. I gave up on dungeons for a while because they have turned into being simultaneously tedious and exhausting from trying to keep up with breakneck speed endeavor and its just NOT fun. its a goddamn chore at this point. but because I ran them on multiple alts, I would see variety of groups and I would STILL run into new players there as well - players trying to do their best to keep up, bosses taking actual time to die, etc.

    casuals ARE playing this mode. trying to anyway. casually.
    It's obviously speculations/educated guess. That is how you figure out things.

    It's not like blizzard is going to make an offical statement. People are 10000 shades of casual, they will shoot themself with such statement.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2024-06-11 at 05:14 AM.

  5. #45
    I'm not totally sure what Remix IS for*, but it's deffo not new players.

    *personally I'm doing mounts and blasting thru alts, which I'm recreating and deleting lvl60s, which doesn't feel great tbh but I still think it's more fun than 60-70 in retail, except via BC and WotLK and MoP time walking dungeons. Plus the gained bronze should let me get all the cosmetics and I e done all the zone metas but one so far.

  6. #46
    Remix isn’t for experienced players either. Maybe I’m just older and know how MMORPGs work, but I can’t imagine that Remix would be difficult or problematic for a new player either. IMO it’s not a hard concept to grasp and the only real issue is the archaic gem UI. They flubbed hard when it comes to this, and I think that shows above all else in the game mode.

    That said I love the idea of having gems and customization on many pieces of my gear. I vastly prefer alterations I can influence myself vs having to regrind drops.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3ROR View Post
    Saying MoP Remix is not for new players is already toxic enough..
    No it's not.
    Because MoP Remix was NOT aimed at new players.
    Just like Mythic Raiding or M+15 dungeon is not aimed at new players.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    No it's not.
    Because MoP Remix was NOT aimed at new players.
    Just like Mythic Raiding or M+15 dungeon is not aimed at new players.
    then why making available to trial accounts?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    then why making available to trial accounts?
    Returning players, would be my guess
    which the trial account is also aimed at, amidst of new players

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    then why making available to trial accounts?
    Why not, restricting it would just makes them look greedy. There's also plenty of ex wow players that do not have accounts that can use trial accounts, either having sold it or lost details or even banned, and besides afaik your account is considered 'trial' if you simply aren't subbed. The popup makes it clear blizzard does not intend for fresh faced never played a minute of WoW players to create a time runner as their first character, but why stop someone from doing it if they really want to?

    Tons of games preface higher difficulties with something along the lines of 'are you sure? This mode is intended for very experienced players and is not recommended for your first playthrough' but still let you do it if you really want to and many do.

  11. #51
    The event is like 20% done and I've gotten everything other than the toys, which I don't care about; and I didn't farm frogs once

    They'll obviously massively buff bronze gains the last few weeks of the event so you can get fully geared and grab paragon of the mists/claw of eternus if you want

    Honestly if a player misses something they want in this event they only have themselves to blame

  12. #52
    Considering the Remix allows trial players to join and I've had more than a handful of groups that have had a somewhat of a struggle bus to get through some of the content, I'm not sure what the Brazilian bloke is on about.

    The fact you can level fast, gear fast, experience an expedited version of an entire expansion, and collect mounts/mogs/toys that were pretty much highly player exclusive despite the expansion being a decade old?
    That's a win win win win for current players, returning players, new players, and even the developers, not to mention good ol' daddy Blizzboy for publishing it.

    I think the only downsides have actually been that so many people are playing Remix it's taken away some of the focus from the rest of the game. My partner had an RP guild they frequented since the New Year and since Remix it's been on hiatus because everyone is having fun with pandas. Can't blame 'em, cause I am 'em.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Remix isn’t for experienced players either. Maybe I’m just older and know how MMORPGs work, but I can’t imagine that Remix would be difficult or problematic for a new player either. IMO it’s not a hard concept to grasp and the only real issue is the archaic gem UI. They flubbed hard when it comes to this, and I think that shows above all else in the game mode.

    That said I love the idea of having gems and customization on many pieces of my gear. I vastly prefer alterations I can influence myself vs having to regrind drops.
    Waaaaay better than materia from XIV or whatever the flying f*ck Guild Wars 2 is doing with their sigils.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke411 View Post
    Waaaaay better than materia from XIV or whatever the flying f*ck Guild Wars 2 is doing with their sigils.
    'Eh, all 3 (WoW, FFXIV, GW2) have quirks and weird design decisions and equally all of them could be way better and way more streamlined than they currently have them as.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    'Eh, all 3 (WoW, FFXIV, GW2) have quirks and weird design decisions and equally all of them could be way better and way more streamlined than they currently have them as.
    Sure, but it's kind of silly to bash WoW's design when literally neither the eastern game market nor the western game market can come up with a better alternative that isn't clunky (GW2) or just plain boring (XIV), on top of not really being all that much different than socketing gems. I'd actually argue the menu intensiveness of those other games makes the clean interface WoW uses for gem socketing a lot less confusing by comparison, especially in regards to understanding what the gems/materia/sigils actually do once socketed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •