Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Yeah I was really hoping we'd get an early September release so I could play GW2 for longer. Time to play both at the same time I guess
    time to dig out muh 2nd monitor
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

  2. #142
    Nice to hear Claudia Christian this trailer. Also noting the third race highlighted...We got Earthen, Arathi, and something else. Very tribal.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You are aware this cinematic was a collection of remastered parts of every expansion cinematic ever made right?
    You are aware the trailer was complete trash right?

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No it isn't. YOu literally can only level to 80. No endgame content will be available and the season doesn't begin until one week after actual launch. There is no advantage and everyone will be at the same place when the actual season starts.
    Only level to 80? Is that not part of the game. That is the most fun part of an expansion launch. They are just ruining that "everyone at the same time" exploring the new zones. I get it that I'm mostly talking out of fomo, and I will not give into it and shill out an extra 40€ for these opportunists game companies that do this type of shit, but yes it is going to suck having bought a game, having them announce a "release date" for that game, and then logging into said game and seeing other people in your server, guild and friend list enjoying the game that hasn't come out yet unless you're a premium paying player.
    And you can all defend this but that doesn't change the fact that for the last 15 years everyone has normalized paying this ridiculous prices for "extra special" versions of games, or the (no longer) micro-transaction nonsense and you all just lap it up as if it's gourmet food.
    Last edited by AtomR; 2024-06-11 at 08:39 AM.

  5. #145
    Dreadlord The-Shan's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    998
    prepatch should be in July then, probably mid July? Prepatch in 4-5 weeks, most likely.

  6. #146
    Who is the guy missing an arm? New char?

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    Only level to 80? Is that not part of the game. That is the most fun part of an expansion launch. They are just ruining that "everyone at the same time" exploring the new zones. I get it that I'm mostly talking out of fomo, and I will not give into it and shill out an extra 40€ for these opportunists game companies that do this type of shit, but yes it is going to suck having bought a game, having them announce a "release date" for that game, and then logging into said game and seeing other people in your server, guild and friend list enjoying the game that hasn't come out yet unless you're a premium paying player.
    And you can all defend this but that doesn't change the fact that for the last 15 years everyone has normalized paying this ridiculous prices for "extra special" versions of games, or the (no longer) micro-transaction nonsense and you all just lap it up as if it's gourmet food.
    It is a part of the game, but it isn't anything that give you any advantage over another player because end game content will not be available until release and season 1 doesn't start until a week after that.

    YOu also seem to ignroe that 1)It will spread out the users so everyone isn't logging on at tyhe same time day 1. YOu also ignore the fact that the eraly access people will be the ones dealing with a buggy game and have to deal with down time. By the time you get on the game will be smoothed out. Trust me, most people with early access won't be enjoying the diisconnects and server issues.

    Finally, the fact that you carea bout how others play the game is a you problem. IT is very elitist to sit he high horse and try to dictate how the game should be operated.
    You are not the sole arbiter of how a game operates.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    prepatch should be in July then, probably mid July? Prepatch in 4-5 weeks, most likely.
    Prepatch is 4 weeks. So, prepatch will drop August 5th.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hamalau88 View Post
    You are aware the trailer was complete trash right?
    But it wasn't trash. Calling that trash means you are calling every single expansion trailer trash and the original as well. It wasn't trash and it was a very cool recap of the game's history.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It is a part of the game, but it isn't anything that give you any advantage over another player because end game content will not be available until release and season 1 doesn't start until a week after that.

    YOu also seem to ignroe that 1)It will spread out the users so everyone isn't logging on at tyhe same time day 1. YOu also ignore the fact that the eraly access people will be the ones dealing with a buggy game and have to deal with down time. By the time you get on the game will be smoothed out. Trust me, most people with early access won't be enjoying the diisconnects and server issues.

    Finally, the fact that you carea bout how others play the game is a you problem. IT is very elitist to sit he high horse and try to dictate how the game should be operated.
    You are not the sole arbiter of how a game operates.
    Why is it that having "power" or "race" advantage is the only way people can understand unfairness in gaming? So enjoying the game first than other players that legitimatly bought the same game is not an advantage? It's only if you win some made up race in your heads?

    I'm only complaining that release date is one for premium players and another for less premium players. That's what I'm complaining about. And yes some people may think it's unfair others ahve access to pets because they pay more, and others may even think it's only unfair if they provide power benifits otherwise it's not unfair. Fine, you do you girl. But I personally just want to play this game as soon as possible. I don't care about season one, I don't care that mythics and whatever else only start a few days later, I just want to play this game ASAP because I'm done with dragonflight. I never cared about the disconnects and the bugs. It's not my problem how they spreads players. And I'm certain 3 days later we'll all still be dealing with plenty of those.

    And I never criticized how other people play the game. You're being the elitist one if you think that only player power should count for pay to win. Depending on what your objective playing the game is, then you can see other things as pay to win. As someone who primarily enjoys the story and the levelling process then yes, I consider paying to get to these parts first, pay to win. Sorry if your point of view is different than mine. You are nit the sole arbiter of how others feel about the games they love and what makes them disappointed on how a company decides to value.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    Why is it that having "power" or "race" advantage is the only way people can understand unfairness in gaming? So enjoying the game first than other players that legitimatly bought the same game is not an advantage?
    Is this really your argument, that people can experience a game before you do?

    You'd never buy a game if that was your attitude. Someone, somewhere, is always going to experience a game's story before you do. Even without TWW having a few days of early access, you're not going to be the first one in the game. People have played through both alpha and beta. People will have the ability to start the live game before you can. People will work through the game faster than you do.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Who is the guy missing an arm? New char?
    It's a woman and I'm pretty sure it's the captain from the new starting zone they introduced a few years back

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur View Post
    Is this really your argument, that people can experience a game before you do?

    You'd never buy a game if that was your attitude. Someone, somewhere, is always going to experience a game's story before you do. Even without TWW having a few days of early access, you're not going to be the first one in the game. People have played through both alpha and beta. People will have the ability to start the live game before you can. People will work through the game faster than you do.
    Not about being the first. It's fine. Just let them do whatever the fuck they want. You'll all defend it anyway.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Who is the guy missing an arm? New char?
    What guy?

    /10char

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    It's a woman and I'm pretty sure it's the captain from the new starting zone they introduced a few years back
    If you mean Exile's Reach the char in that zone is Captain Garrick.

    The one armed one is Faerin Lothar.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    If you mean Exile's Reach the char in that zone is Captain Garrick.

    The one armed one is Faerin Lothar.
    Is it just a brand new character then? confused

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    It's a woman and I'm pretty sure it's the captain from the new starting zone they introduced a few years back
    Got it, thanks.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

  16. #156
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,335
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Just as an example, the race to max level will literally be won by someone who paid you fucking doorknob.
    There is no such thing as a race to max level, no one cares, leveling haven't mattered in a decade.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Guys look at it like this, the fools who paid for early access are going to suffer the OBVIOUS server issues that we all know are coming at launch, so that when the rest of us join things will be stable and nice.
    Based as fuck.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Wonder if the first Mythic season is going to follow Dragonflight's half new half rehashed lineup
    We have known for like... Months now that is happening. Siege of boralus, necrotic wake, and I can't remember the other 2.
    But it's good, it lets us redo dungeons that we haven't done in years, and for some. Never done. It also keeps stuff fresh, as someone who has been a M+ main since it got added in legion, having the same dungeons for 2 years was so fucking boring.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Nice to hear Claudia Christian this trailer. Also noting the third race highlighted...We got Earthen, Arathi, and something else. Very tribal.
    That's the haronir, they seem to be the "missing link" between trolls and nevles, or primal trolls, hard to tell so far. They are a very mysterious primal nature race we only see a bit of in tww, but will very likely be a large focus of one of the patches based on data mining, and yeah very well may be an allied race mid expansion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    Is it just a brand new character then? confused
    Yes, she's been trapped in hallowsfall this entire time
    The arathi were traveling the sea during a storm, almost died, survivors got teleported underground into hallowsfall, they believe it was the giant crystal and so they worship it. Faerin was a stowaway child, who rose up the ranks while in hallowsfall because of her leadership skills.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by hamalau88 View Post
    You are aware the trailer was complete trash right?
    It was good enough for me. Better than the Dragonflight trailer and way better than the Anduin needs therapy trailer. Of course Blizzard can do better.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

  18. #158
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by hamalau88 View Post
    You are aware the trailer was complete trash right?
    You’re either trolling or oblivious of the trailer with Anduin from months back. This was the release date reveal trailer.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    We have known for like... Months now that is happening. Siege of boralus, necrotic wake, and I can't remember the other 2.
    Grim Batol and fucking Mists. And I'm clearly not prepared for the maze.
    MMO Champs :

  20. #160
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Grim Batol and fucking Mists. And I'm clearly not prepared for the maze.
    I hope the mists add-on still works.
    I am not happy we getting shadowlands dungeons so soon... Woulda prefered a bit longer before we redid those but eh.
    Grim batol gunna be fun though, can't wait to see what they change with it, I like the overhauls they do for these old dungeons

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •