Poll: Would you play a Kobold?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yes, yes I would if they made them an Allied race at some point in TWW. And I mean that sincerely, as I do like the Azerothian kobold design as it fits into the concept of "ugly cute" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I know. My main was race changed to a Tauren at some point, then back to Troll, then to Zandalari Troll and then back to Troll again, because I just can't stand to see anyone else but my trusty 20 year old Troll Hunter

I do have a server full of hunters of every race, in case I want to look at something else for a bit, but my main is always that troll.
    Huntophile...

I can only main one character at a time. Retail WoW does not have enough content and longevity for me to want to play through it multiple times on multiple different characters. I am already invested in my Tauren Sunwalker and my Orc Death Knight. I have other alts but I only level them up, dress them up nice, and then forget about them, never actually play them. I haven't even bothered to level up any current allied races as none of them appeal to me. There are very few new races Blizzard could announce that I would consider actually maining. Maybe a Jinyu water samurai or a Mogu animancer with blood golems, or a Mantid amberweaver, or a Cryptlord Nerubian.

Sounds like fun, sign me up!
    Last edited by FossilFree; 2024-06-11 at 11:13 PM.

Nope. Outside of not really wanting to play a race that at best would be considered special needs in any school setting I'm not a huge fan of super short races. I definitely regret making my warlock a goblin to experience the questing there and kept it as undead.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have 1 just to have 1, but it wouldn't me my main, and id probably never make another. I have 1 gnome,goblin,mechaghome,vulpera each but they are too short for my taste. Dwarves are too short too, but I do have a few of them.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2024-06-11 at 07:37 PM.

Sure, why not? If they ended up going the whole D&D route and made every single sentient humanoid creature a playable race, I'd roll one of each.

Tuskarr, Vrykul, Arakkoa, Sehtrak, Furbolg, Kobold, Grummle, Jinyu, Hozen, Mogu, Niffen--I'll take them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female kobolds would be…. Interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    We need sexy kobold-elves

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, unless they had some very unique racial power that caught my interest, like I wasn't planning on making a Earthen but kinda like the sound of their azerite racial

Only two definitely yes choices for me are Arakkoa or Tortollan

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Female kobolds would be…. Interesting.
    We've got em in TWW.

Yeah.

I mean they'd be a Race not an Allied Race one would imagine.

But while I'm not opposed, I would want Murlocs first. And probably a WoW2 at that stage
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

All I care about is the tinker class to make me possibly switch mains.

I already have enough chars. I won't play new races.

No, I want playable Forest Trolls. Don't really care about MORE random playable races
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Yes, they a goofy and I can be a skaven with the right transmog

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Wouldn't mind if kobolds became a playable option, but I wouldn't create one in all likelihood.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I find it oddly fascinating that a few people mention whether or not they'd swap mains for a new (allied) race, despite it not being anywhere in the OP. Curious little insight into how people play, I think lol

Personally, I've played the same hunter since WoW's release, but I have a plethora of other characters I play for various reasons. Kobolds would have to offer me something unique now to actually be considered dumping real time into. Blizzard would probably need to add another profession/class/something at this point for me to justify it. But, I do think I'd create one just to experience any sort of unique starting zone, gets the race mounts or whatever.

Cool to see everyone's reasons on whether they would/would not, though.

Yes, would love them as full playable race

1+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't play midgets nor refrigerators with legs.