Question Cata Launch Revisited?

Intrigued by the new model Blizz is implementing for dungeons in TWW. H will be like current M-0s? For those of us used to learning and doing mechanics, this will be no big deal, but for those who feel it’s their right to treat all instances like leveling/remix dungeons, this might be a wake-up call similar to how Heroics were at beginning of original Cataclysm. Those of us who played Cata live will remember the issue was temporary, and went away once we all out-geared them, but the shock was real for a few weeks.

And all M-0s will now be like +10s without a timer? Essentially like mega dungeons have been at launch? Like DotI hardmode is now? That will be wonderful for those who’ve been here in forums asking to have M+ without a timer. Lockout changing to daily will be good too, meaning players who want challenging dungeons with no timer will have EIGHT they can run every day! I know a couple of my guild mates who dislike time-pressure of M+ will love this!

In both cases they are also upping rewards commensurate to new difficulty, but I’m sure we can expect slew of forum posts complaining they should have gotten new better rewards without the content getting harder.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    And all M-0s will now be like +10s without a timer?
    Blizzard once again is incapable to bring correct patch notes. The first time i read their wording i read something like "We remove timers from mythic+", but that seemed wishful thinking. As if blizzard ever did something for people who do not want to have time pressure in their "job".

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    Blizzard once again is incapable to bring correct patch notes. The first time i read their wording i read something like "We remove timers from mythic+", but that seemed wishful thinking. As if blizzard ever did something for people who do not want to have time pressure in their "job".
    I would not want them to remove timers from M+. For many of us, timer is part of the fun. But DotI-HM is legit content awarding heroic gear (upgrades to 522) and aspect crests. That's a lot more interesting than untimed dungeons have been in the past. Decent challenge too; I know some high M+ players who struggled with DotI HM at beginning of season.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Intrigued by the new model Blizz is implementing for dungeons in TWW. H will be like current M-0s? For those of us used to learning and doing mechanics, this will be no big deal, but for those who feel it’s their right to treat all instances like leveling/remix dungeons, this might be a wake-up call similar to how Heroics were at beginning of original Cataclysm. Those of us who played Cata live will remember the issue was temporary, and went away once we all out-geared them, but the shock was real for a few weeks.

And all M-0s will now be like +10s without a timer? Essentially like mega dungeons have been at launch? Like DotI hardmode is now? That will be wonderful for those who’ve been here in forums asking to have M+ without a timer. Lockout changing to daily will be good too, meaning players who want challenging dungeons with no timer will have EIGHT they can run every day! I know a couple of my guild mates who dislike time-pressure of M+ will love this!

In both cases they are also upping rewards commensurate to new difficulty, but I’m sure we can expect slew of forum posts complaining they should have gotten new better rewards without the content getting harder.
    Eh. M0s will not be queuable so this really won't be a reawakening of the Cata launch like you seem to think here. Random Heroics will be more difficult than they have been previously (and rewards better as well) but they're only pushing up the scaling a small amount. Additionally, M0s are not going to feel like DotI HM currently since DotI HM scaling is equivalent to a current +10 (what used to be a 20). They will still be significantly more challenging than they've been in the past though I am a bit concerned for the difficulty spike moving from Heroic to M0 in starter gear.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2024-06-11 at 04:55 PM.

Upon further reflection, this won't be much different than S4. I misread some of the 'changes'. I thought that blue post was significant, but it really wasn't.