Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Going to take this oppurtunity to say I hate the lone wolf talent. It was bad enough to lose the ranged survival spec. Then they took pets away from marksman. The only choice now is beastmaster if you want the pet, but beastmaster sucks because you use so many pets. I just wanted to play the way I always did. Me and my pet with my bow. That was the fantasy I signed up for and it's not even in the game anymore.
    It's there with MM right now. It's been years since your favorite fantasy was the Marksman design, and now with the recent changes it's pretty much you with your bow and pet. The nerf to Lone Wolf makes playing without pet the lesser choice in most cases, and even with AoE it's around 2, 2.5% with Lone Wolf Vs Lone Wolf but since you take another talent it makes it even less than 2% in AoE. Single target you can just forget about Lone Wolf.

    Thats not the design that I really like about MM, which should be without Pet. Marksman was always less dependent on pets, even back in the day in TBC/WotLK. Marksman+pet design hasn't really been a thing in years.

    As it is now they can just remove Lone Wolf as it's just close to a niche, which is a shift in design. 5% isn't enough.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2024-07-21 at 08:40 AM.

  2. #22
    Banned Cynical Asshole's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    Bucharest. Romania.
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    It's there with MM right now. It's been years since your favorite fantasy was the Marksman design, and now with the recent changes it's pretty much you with your bow and pet. The nerf to Lone Wolf makes playing without pet the lesser choice in most cases, and even with AoE it's around 2, 2.5% with Lone Wolf Vs Lone Wolf but since you take another talent it makes it even less than 2% in AoE. Single target you can just forget about Lone Wolf.

    Thats not the design that I really like about MM, which should be without Pet. Marksman was always less dependent on pets, even back in the day in TBC/WotLK. Marksman+pet design hasn't really been a thing in years.

    As it is now they can just remove Lone Wolf as it's just close to a niche, which is a shift in design. 5% isn't enough.
    I disagree on the class fantasy part.

    BM should be ranged with pet.
    Survival melee with pet.
    MM ranged without pet.

    Each spec should be unique in its own way. If they all depend on a pet, then they're not really that unique.

    I would even go farther and give baseline druid stealth to MM and remove Camouflage from the class tree.
    MM is supposed to be a lone sniper, not a sniper with a pet.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2024-07-21 at 08:44 AM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    I disagree on the class fantasy part.

    BM should be ranged with pet.
    Survival melee with pet.
    MM ranged without pet.

    Each spec should be unique in its own way. If they all depend on a pet, then they're not really that unique.
    You mean agree?

    I think Marksman should be without Pet. For me Marksman is the Lone Ranger, the sniper who doesn't rely on pet.

    I was writing that the design now is what the other poster wanted, not me. They kinda ruined the spec for me personally. Been writing on the beta forums for them to REVERT the change, but they think we have more options now.

    On the contrary, it's less option now.

  4. #24
    I didnt even realize they removed Death Chakram. Holy fuck what a shit show.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I didnt even realize they removed Death Chakram. Holy fuck what a shit show.
    Yeah, I really liked it as Marksman for PvE. The extra shorter cd was nice.

    Lone Wolf Nerf and removal of DC, thats enough for a main change really.

    Not sure for me personally about main. I do like the talent tree rework, but I dont like all the talent changes/removals. Especially the LF nerf.

    I can of course play with Lone Wolf and not be optional.

  6. #26
    I didn't play in Dragonflight but I'm considering playing again in TWW and wondered if "Bloody Claws" in the SV tree (right below Mongoose Bite) actually extends Mongoose Fury by 1.5s
    Not sure how Wowhead works exactly. It seems like 11.0 PTR doesn't have it listed with that additional feature, but "BETA" has it in addition to what it usually does.

    Does someone know if I can play SV with Mongoose Bite and "extend" the duration by 1,5s per Kill Command?
    I know it basically extends the duration as much as the GCD will take away from it, but the important part is that it's not as critical to pool ressources before you "open an Mongoose Fury"-damage Window anymore and Tip of the Spear can be stacked up without worries.


    That's a really great QoL feature in my opinion that makes Melee SV even more fun to play than ever (for me) if that's true?
    Overall, the cleave options for SV sound quite fun and insane as well, so many ways to make explosive shots happen. I really like it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Yesterday at 09:43 AM.

  7. #27
    Looks like Dark Ranger ain't going anywhere, but as always I don't expect much from Blizz on Marksmanship.....

    Plus, the Lone Wolf nerf and forcing pet to Hero/BL is just stupid at this point.. I'll still main MM as it's been my main class and spec for more than 15 years, but will definitely play ret pally or frost mage on the side.

    I'm expecting the Lone Wolf nerf to change come S2
    Last edited by Tiradon; Yesterday at 09:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

    At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

  8. #28
    Rapid fire still being an integral part of mm is mindblowingly stupid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •