10+ Year Old Account

Dragonflight - Gear Upgrade Bug Fix Coming

Dragonflight - Gear Upgrade Bug Fix Coming
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    No clue what is going on, but I am unable to upgrade any of my gear on any of my toons in Val. I tried both npcs in town, and they are not allowing me to upgrade my gear (they showed my gear as blacked out and won’t even drag the gear into the box). And I get a prompt saying, “This item cannot be upgraded,” even though it’s not fully capped.

What’s weird is when I hopped on one of my alts, the npc is saying I can upgrade gear from last season! Yet when I go to upgrade it just to test it…it’s not upgrading, lol.

I have ample crests and stones so that’s definitely not the issue. I tried restarting the game, checked my addons- nothing.

Anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

Thank you for your reports. We’re working on a fix for the upgrade issue that will require realm restarts. We expect restarts to happen tonight for EU realms and tomorrow morning for US realms.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've experienced the thing this person is experiencing on their alts. There is definitely something weird going on and hopefully they can fix it.

I also hope they can fix weapons bought with bullions not showing up in my transmog tab. I can see the 1 bullion weapon designs with no stats, but not the actual 493ilvl stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I've experienced the thing this person is experiencing on their alts. There is definitely something weird going on and hopefully they can fix it.

I also hope they can fix weapons bought with bullions not showing up in my transmog tab. I can see the 1 bullion weapon designs with no stats, but not the actual 493ilvl stuff.
    Small indie company, they dont get time/resources to test things, give them time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Small indie company, they dont get time/resources to test things, give them time.
    The larger the game the bigger chances of bugs happening and less chance of them discovering the bugs in time.

Odd... I just had no problem upgrading multiple pieces of gear on one of my toons. that was today at 1245 pst?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    The larger the game the bigger chances of bugs happening and less chance of them discovering the bugs in time.

Save your breath.. Still running into years if not decade old bugs.....

We're the testers, we pay for that privilege.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing changed that should have caused this, it seemingly happened out of no where. And it would have been fixed quick if it didn't happen so late in the day where they are based.
    It's hilarious it happened. It shouldn't have, but it's hard to be mad. I guess they coulda called some people for overtime.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Save your breath.. Still running into years if not decade old bugs.....
    Funny story, my husband is a game programmer and for the game he worked on they had to leave a bug in the game because 1) they couldn't replicate it on the studio's hardware, and 2) they couldn't find a solution. Luckily it that case it only affected a handful of players with some very specific hardware setups, but in Blizzard's case it's a bit more problematic when hundreds or even thousand of players experience something like this. I personally only experienced the alts able to upgrade old pieces thing. Did Fated raids all yesterday even and upgrades, so it definitely wasn't something everyone experienced. Doesn't mean Blizz shouldn't prioritise it ofc.