15+ Year Old Account

Here's solid advice on getting blue gear in Remix....

Mobs over on Isle of Thunder actually can drop blue gear (rare) like you'd get in heroic dungeons. If you're going to do the IoT questline for achievements/rep I'd suggest hitting it up at 50 so you can get blue gear without having to heroic grind for a full set of blue gear.

Or you could just join raid pugs and get purples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Or you could just join raid pugs and get purples.
    If you're in unupgraded greens (and why would you upgrade greens), it's very unlikely you're going to get invited to heroic raids, especially this deep into remix when even a lot of super casual players are fully upgraded. Even groups that aren't setting an ilvl requirement are still going to be picking the people who will be 100+ ilvl ahead of where those people are at.

Getting all blues with good stats so you have pieces worth upgrading is a good start to getting to that point.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If you're in unupgraded greens (and why would you upgrade greens), it's very unlikely you're going to get invited to heroic raids, especially this deep into remix when even a lot of super casual players are fully upgraded. Even groups that aren't setting an ilvl requirement are still going to be picking the people who will be 100+ ilvl ahead of where those people are at.

Getting all blues with good stats so you have pieces worth upgrading is a good start to getting to that point.
    If you upgrade the greens then you can upgrade the blues for basically nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    If you upgrade the greens then you can upgrade the blues for basically nothing.
    I mean, it still costs something and the same is said about blues to epics. You'd probably be better off making MSV groups for blues and hoping high ilvl/thread level players join.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, it still costs something and the same is said about blues to epics. You'd probably be better off making MSV groups for blues and hoping high ilvl/thread level players join.
    The amount that is needed really isn't that much. Even while leveling I was able to buy 2-3 ensembles per level while still still upgrading each piece of green gear as they became available without wiping out my bronze

Just keep applying to groups and hope you get lucky. I’ve formed groups where I’ve invited 2-3 carries simply for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    The amount that is needed really isn't that much. Even while leveling I was able to buy 2-3 ensembles per level while still still upgrading each piece of green gear as they became available without wiping out my bronze
    The price only normalizes at a high cost when the gear is 346, below that its already cheaper to upgrade, and chances are you'll just get another drop almost immediately after leveling up anyway.

But when you hit 346 there's very little reason to upgrade greens when you can just get blues from MSV/HoF/ToES, which you could either make a group for yourself and fill out with high ilvl people or just request to join multiple groups, normal MSV/HoF/ToES will take anyone a decent amount of the time, barring the normal "DPS is hard to get invites because there's far too many applying".