Poll: What's the #1 reason people get on your ignore list?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You've cured me - after 30 years of daily suffering diagnosed by many professional - a random person on the internet has finally cured my ills.

    WOW - if only I knew it was so easy.
    Yes, because that's what was going on. I was looking to cure you. Not call you out on your bullshit. "Boohoo, people are putting me on ignore cause I'm autistic you guys! Feel bad for me! It's totally the autism doing it, not me being a douche canoe to people!"

    PS: BOTH are disorders (one is subclinical), BOTH have language issues. YOU are objectively incorrect.
    No, it's still not a disorder. Yes, it's subclinical in that it's a descriptor assigned to actual disorders, but it absolutely, positively, in no way, shape, or form, a disorder in and of itself.

    This isn't just online, my entire life is completely f'ed.
    Yes, because of what you say and how you behave. People aren't mistreating you because you have autism. You're just a massive <insert any number of terms here> who blames their disorder rather than taking responsibility for their actions.

    This speaking as someone who's both autistic and suffering from an alexithymic-related disorder (SzPD).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Where have those issues been in your typing on these forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Why would I have issues typing ? I don't recall saying I had any issues typing.
    "Whaa, people put me on ignore for what I type because I have 'language-based disorders'! Whaaa!"

    Right about there. Paraphrased of course.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    "Whaa, people put me on ignore for what I type because I have 'language-based disorders'! Whaaa!"

    Right about there. Paraphrased of course.
    Well, thousands of years ago when we as a species evolved the ability to type

    LANGUAGE disorder, not TYPING disorder.

    Anyway - now that we've reached the 'troll the disabled person' stage, I'm outta here.

    Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.


  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, thousands of years ago when we as a species evolved the ability to type

    LANGUAGE disorder, not TYPING disorder.

    Anyway - now that we've reached the 'troll the disabled person' stage, I'm outta here.
    Bye!

    People are still doing it because of what you type, not some disability they have no idea you have.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    LANGUAGE disorder, not TYPING disorder.
    Most interaction between players usually happens via chat, not voice.
    Hence that differentiation stands out quite a bit.

    And given how you describe your condition in your signature, i assume that issue already arises when you're playing pugs and thus are very likely communicate them via chat, not in voice.

  5. #105
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    22,922
    Please keep the thread on topic.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | twitch | bsky
    |

  6. #106
    Legendary! SinR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    6,575
    1) Spamming. Self explanatory.
    2) Scams (BRO I'LL GIVE YOU GOLD ON RETAIL FOR YOUR GOLD ON SOD)
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I ignore people that I don’t want to encounter in LFR and LFG again. Could be rudeness, but usually it’s just someone playing in a way I don’t enjoy. Like someone going so fast in remix dungeons that you can’t even loot or get a spell off. They’re allowed to play however they like, but I never want to be in a group with them again, so I ignore them. They won’t know, problem solved.
    Almost exactly the same for me. People who make my grouping experience un-fun. Almost always that's them being rude or sometimes ninja-looting, but every once in a while it could be their style of play just conflicts with mine, as you note in your example. I don't have anything against the person, no animosity there, but since we aren't compatible dungeon runners, I figure it's best we don't run with each going forward. We'll both be happier for it.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  8. #108
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    27,652
    I only put 2 types of people on ignore:

    1) people who spout racist or sexist (etc.) abuse in trade, obviously on characters they don't care about. I report them then ignore them to clean up my chat.

    2) people who beg for gold



    The last category has become more rare in recent years and I honestly can't recall when I last ignored someone for that reason, but I have ignored gold beggars since I started the game and will until the servers shut down.

    Get out there and do stuff, gold is easy to get, even if you are brand new to the game.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    ...2) people who beg for gold

    The last category has become more rare in recent years and I honestly can't recall when I last ignored someone for that reason, but I have ignored gold beggars since I started the game and will until the servers shut down.

    Get out there and do stuff, gold is easy to get, even if you are brand new to the game.
    Seems like begging for gold on retail could be less important, but I still give gold to low level players who ask nicely for help on the Classic servers. I've been helped when I was new to a server, so I get how much of a boost that can be. So if someone asks nice, especially if they are just asking for 'x silver' , cause they need to train weapons or some such, I'll normally throw them a couple gold and get them some bags.

    I consider it a "pay it forward" type thing. I was blessed by some random other player, so I'll repay that blessing when the opportunity arises.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Speaking about toxicity while being toxic AF is a WoW thing.

    Your own ignore button saves us from you.
    hooefully

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    The ignore feature is there for reasons. It gives us the option to avoid players we don't want to game with anymore. Used to be, the #1 way someone got on my ignore list was being rude in chat. I don't care if they're being rude to me or to someone else, and I'm not talking about constructive feedback. I'm talking about comments intended to make the other person feel bad about themselves. Not "You should take into account group comp when deciding how many casters to pull", but rather "You suk and should quit wow." Players making those kinds of comments to anyone go on my ignore list.

    More recently though, I am ignoring people every week for placing troll orders through the crafting system. Not talking about Darkspear or Zandalari orders - Those are ok. Talking about orders with no mats and no tip. Or orders omitting the 3,000g mat and with only a 5g tip. The crafting table gives you the option to ignore those players, so you won't waste your time opening their orders ever again, and I add more of them to my list every week. I think there may be more on my list for this now than for rudeness in groups!

    How about you? What's the #1 reason people get on your ignore list?
    being rude.

    1# is being rude
    2# grieving in anyway
    3# afk etc

  12. #112
    I never put a player on my ignore list. The most grief I got from other players was corpse campers on a PVP server back in the day. Can’t ignore those.

  13. #113
    Pug trolls are too ephemeral to need ignoring really. You will rarely meet the same person twice to the point where squelching them is necessary. It's a waste of effort for the most part.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    The only people that go on my ignore list are people who put in crafting work orders with no mats.
    lol yeah I think I had 2 people on ignore but now thanks to crafting orders it's exploded lol

  15. #115
    Usually insistent stupidity or pointlessly blaming me or others for their own failures.

    Edit: I forgot the empty crafting orders, but that's just a stopgap measure rather than "genuine" ignores i'd argue.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  16. #116
    1. expensive crafters
    2. m+ leavers/griefers
    The rare toxic people i prefer to just troll.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Please keep the thread on topic.
    Support.

    - - - Updated - - -

    "I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

  18. #118

    Haven't looked back

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post

    Haven't looked back
    Nice one,
    Last time I ignored someone was a stranger adding me on battle.net that I never had any interactions with. I asked who it was, got a nonsensical reply and blocked them.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •