Upgrading PC for video rendering

Since that's really the most compute-intensive thing I do. What should I be upgrading to make video rendering faster? Specifically for Vegas Pro, and maybe Adobe After Effects too since I use that occasionally.

Current setup:

CPU is OC'd to ~4.5GHz and RAM has the XMP set so it's actually at 3600 MHz

Not upgrading at the moment, just gathering info for when I do, sometime in the next year or so.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=699797034

This knows better than everyone from a quick search to your specific question, pretty sure you understand it better than me.

Quick view, obviously high core count is your aim but there seems to not be much difference after 12 cores or so, performance/cost ratio?

So, any 13700/14700 and above, 7900X and above, hell i even see 13600K being only 2-3 seconds slower and they re 120$ cheaper or so.

So if money isnt the problem, 9000 series from AMD are out in 2 months, but generally doubt that chart will change core/performance wise i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Since that's really the most compute-intensive thing I do. What should I be upgrading to make video rendering faster? Specifically for Vegas Pro, and maybe Adobe After Effects too since I use that occasionally.

Current setup:

CPU is OC'd to ~4.5GHz and RAM has the XMP set so it's actually at 3600 MHz

Not upgrading at the moment, just gathering info for when I do, sometime in the next year or so.
    I hope you have gpu acceleration/cuda enabled for rendering. Any improvements on that would probably be a newer cpu or gpu. The 3060ti has 4GB vram, depending on your workload 8GB or more may help improve peformance.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I hope you have gpu acceleration/cuda enabled for rendering. Any improvements on that would probably be a newer cpu or gpu. The 3060ti has 4GB vram, depending on your workload 8GB or more may help improve peformance.
    It's a display bug, the 3060Ti has 8GB VRAM.