Poll: Who is your favorite expansion main NPC to work for/fight alongside with?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who is your favorite expansion main NPC to work for/fight alongside with?

As in the main NPC you're working for or fighting alongside with throughout the expansion and its patches.

Khadgar by a mile

Illidan by a longshot despite the edginess.

Legion Illidan. He got things done and actually won the war pretty much through his own tactics (Yes the order halls helped, but he didn't ask for their permission before ripping the sky apart and invading Argus). Had he not we would never have connected with the Lightboys and Alleria.

I was tired of Khadgar by Legion and didn't exactly consider his random de-aging to make sense. The spell just wore off and he was young again? If magic like that exists why do old people even exist at all.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2024-07-11 at 01:14 AM.

I feel like Taran Zhu was more of the main NPC of MoP. He's the first Panderan you meet and his story goes all the way to his confrontation with Garrosh.

But as for favorite. I would go with Khadgar. He's a good supporting character without being too being fatiguing. He doesn't stiffle the story like some other choices on that list.

Bolvar should have been the most exciting. But he was just a total dud. A testimony to how bad Shadowlands was.

Of the ones pictured, Illidan then Khadgar.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Illidan and Khadgar

No Tirion? Shit list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    No Tirion? Shit list.
    Tirion is only present in the last two patches. If you didn't play a DK then you didn't meet him in the base expansion at all. The later NPCs are more present throughout the whole expansion cycle (Wrathion's legendary questline spans 5.0 through 5.4).

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Tirion is only present in the last two patches. If you didn't play a DK then you didn't meet him in the base expansion at all. The later NPCs are more present throughout the whole expansion cycle (Wrathion's legendary questline spans 5.0 through 5.4).
    You could say the same thing about Thrall he only shows up in the last patch. And Tirion is in Icecrown leveling. Its not just ToC and ICC.

Garrosh in Cataclysm and early MoP. The embodiment of what it means to be Horde. Back when the Alliance and Horde weren't good and evil but had shades of grey and the faction conflict made sense and was fun. Should've sticked to that, sadly the woke people at Blizzard decided to neuter the Horde, get rid of all interesting characters and made them essentially the Red Alliance faction.

That was the nail in the franchises coffin for me. There is no going back without reverting those decisions. Warcraft is dead to me now.

The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Garrosh in Cataclysm and early MoP. The embodiment of what it means to be Horde. Back when the Alliance and Horde weren't good and evil but had shades of grey and the faction conflict made sense and was fun. Should've sticked to that, sadly the woke people at Blizzard decided to neuter the Horde, get rid of all interesting characters and made them essentially the Red Alliance faction.

That was the nail in the franchises coffin for me. There is no going back without reverting those decisions. Warcraft is dead to me now.
    Same

I love the twilight highlands intro, where Garry just chose to bomb the alliance ships, dragons attack and he kicks one of his ship, thats some dumb epic shit that i like in my warcraft

5+ Year Old Account
    Is there a reason Nathanos and Sylvanas aren't options.

Khadgar and now they kill him...
    I liked Thrall in W3 and lord of the clans but his role in WoW feels passive/boring, if blizz has to kill an old character for shock/plot, Thrall deserves to finally rest instead of being dragged on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    As in the main NPC you're working for or fighting alongside with throughout the expansion and its patches.

Alex isn't even that prominent in DF.
    Honestly they should have used Koranos more.

Voted Khadgar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Is there a reason Nathanos and Sylvanas aren't options.
    Because they are relevant to only half the playerbase, hence the faction neutral Magni for BfA.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I like Kadghar and Jaina.

Lorewalker Cho, of course.

Wrathion's head still belongs on a spike.

Thrall was alright up until all the Dragon Soul stuff.

Illidan was fine, I guess, but he didn't actually do much.

The other characters were all mishandled, poorly written, or dull.

None, because they are annoying/useless most of the time. Also i dont want "to play with the big boys", i want to be a nobody, who is doing some stuff in the world and helping with local problems. Not the hero, not the savior, not the champion.
    Last edited by saixilein; 2024-07-11 at 11:10 AM.

Khadgar by a country mile