Future expansion : Northrend and Emerald Dream ?

A new expansion is scheduled, we know it. What we don't know is what will be inside it. The 2.1.0 Patch may have provided a beginning of answer to this question !

In the patch .MPQ file, there are a few terrain models, that you might have already seen. As you can see they're in the Expansion02 directory, which is quite unusual for not yet released content (most of it is in the same directory as the normal content). Obviously, the Expansion01 directory only contains Burning Crusade files.
    "Howling Fjord" is a region located in south-eastern Northrend. Men who were left behind by Arthas have setup the Valgarde outpost here.

There is also something else, Northrend loots. Two files of the patch are already labeled as loots from Northrend (shield_northrend_d_01.m2 and sword_1h_northrend_c_01.m2). There are multiple skins for each one of them.

This leave us with one question : Why Northrend instead of the Emerald Dream ? Some of the map files of the Emerald Dream have been in the .mpq files for ever !
    There is a simple awnser to this : Why not both ? You can enter the Emerald Dream from 5 portals, 4 of them are already known (Ashenvale / Felwood / Hinterlands / Feralas) but the last one is in ... Northrend ! Crystalsong Forest exactly.

This could lead to the release of an expansion scheduled as Burning Crusade, a new continent with an inaccessible final boss (Illidan in Burning Crusade, Arthas in the case of Northrend), but with something to keep you busy while the new dungeon is added (Emerald Dream).

Re: Future expansion : Northrend and Emerald Dream ?

i was kinda wondering the same.. and is already using the swords by modelediting ^_^

Re: Future expansion : Northrend and Emerald Dream ?

Someone mailed me the screen, don't know how he did it and didn't take the time to check

I can't wait for this. I hope it comes out soon!

I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Arathari View Post
    really.. lol..

I am dumb. Didn't watch for da date. Either i am blind, dumb or both D:
    Last edited by Zandarth; 2011-03-25 at 05:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertaiment
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

All depends on your definition of "soon".

EDIT: Just saw the date, lol. I should look more often.
    Last edited by Ventashar; 2011-03-25 at 05:41 PM.

I live in Communist China. Wrath hasn't come out yet.

I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

Deleted
    People should look at the date of this post, hahaha

Cataclysm came out like 5 months ago and you hope this comes out soon <_< We havn't even brushed of on quarter of whats in store for this expac.

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 01:34 PM ----------

Oh 2007 X_X

People really need to start looking at post dates...

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 05:40 PM ----------

I live in Communist China. Wrath hasn't come out yet.
    Yes it has actually.. it came out around summer or something, boneless northrend and everything.

how did people manage to live up this thread out of nowhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    how did people manage to live up this thread out of nowhere?
    Not a clue. china guy thought it was new news i guess.