Poll: why dose fear fear me im really not scared.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: FEAR!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

FEAR!!!!!!

ok well i wish i would of filmed the arena i was in earlyer today.
    i 2v2 for fun due to the fact i get more points from my 5v5.
    i run 2v2 with a PoM mage and me 31/0/30 hemo rogue

was 1700 2v2 fell to 1643
    was 1820 3v3 fell to 1631
    was 1720 5v5 fell to 1590

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/ch...mrage&n=Xritta
    heres my armory page as you can see my stats and gear.

i have really nice stats and gear and will recive my season2 leggings tonight.

i have Health:10254

Damage: 472 - 575Speed: 2.60 / 1.50Power1452Hit Rating: 102Crit Chance: 26.32%

Resilience: 287

untell i get my leggings.

now i went up against a lock/pally group....

this isnt QQ

but i was able to CC the pally for a moment well my mage friend dps a bit on the lock then i garroted the pally so he couldnt cast. kidney shot stop heals from going off..... etc... like a good rogue should.

then he bubbled etc.. like a good pally
    healed up i vanish garrot again and me and mage nuke pally dead.
    the locks dots fineshed off my mage friend and i was at about 85% health of my 10250 hp

the warlock was at 30% hp....

he did a lil first aid i had no combo points no deadly thow. by the time i hit him with just a regulat throwing wep. he was able to get close enough to fear me....
    then i trinket out ... sprint. he fears again.im really far away now. he dots again i CoS to break life drain and dots. i get in melee range he fears again....
    i get out of fear i run to him to blind. to get in melee range he trinkets... and fears......

fear wears off... i vanish his pet pulls me out of steath as soon as i vanished.... he noob coils.... im feared again......

i get out of fear another fear he did to me... i hit him once 2x... he fears me again and i die

GG warlock i must admit he had the fear button on key... but i just didnt understand how he could fear me 6x and i didnt resist once... i know i had better gear.. and normaly i dont have a problem with locks but WTF this lock was like uber fear fest....

this isnt a QQ im just wondering if you guys think fear is to short of a cooldown..
    or if it should maybe brake on dmg taken... or what ??

or do i just stink that bad..

Re: FEAR!!!!!!

You're immune to fear after 3 times being feared. it also has diminishing returns, so that the fear won't last longer than 5 sec (especially after the next patch, which reduces the duration from 12 to 10 sec.)

I don't think, that your arena rating fell so bad, just because of warlock fear Oo

This wasn't a QQ until you got feared for the 4th time. By the 5th and 6th time this became a massive cry fest.

As already said, 3 is the magic number, and you can't be seduced after that either. You lost a 2 v 2 against one of the best combo's there are. In future, keep fiction out of your whines so people might actually take you seriously.

I think fear is fine as it is now, like most of cc abilities.

Don't forget that diminishing return can "reset" kind of... so if you're not feared for a while or seduced, it's back to 0 and it's fear fest. That warlock just knew how to use the spell, you've met your match, grats, try to beat him next time :-)
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    Don't forget that diminishing return can "reset" kind of... so if you're not feared for a while or seduced, it's back to 0 and it's fear fest. That warlock just knew how to use the spell, you've met your match, grats, try to beat him next time :-)
    Afaik it's 30 seconds out of combat with the target, and / or one of them has to die for it to be reset. There is a way to use it where you fear down to dim returns and then run away until it resets, but thats almost impossible in arena, and doesn't quite fit with whats written above. Besides, if he was in a position to run away and not be cought its better to just dot kite.

Says Falgorn, that never does arena (see his own post in DoT section).

The 6 fears he speaks of might be a strecth, but I also lived a fight of the same kind, against a Shadow preist full PvP gear.
    and the rest is 30 seconds, IN or out of cbt (not only out of combat), plus some things can reset it (like vanish, I am almost sure). oh, and death coil isn't on the same line of diminishing return as fear. As a matter of fact it isn't a fear, game mechanics wise (fear ward from dwarf priest doesn't work against it)

In any case, in this case you were against a very good playe that used his fear ability to the fullest.
    A possible way to beat it is to cheapshot him and then, instead of continuing the stunlock combo, you use Cloak of Shadow just at the end of your CS: in 95% of the walock/priest are spamming their instant fear waiting for a break in the stunlock.
    If he has'nt used his insigna yet, you can use your cloak as soon as he liberate from the lock with the insigna. Doesn't always work, but it might!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyz
    Says Falgorn, that never does arena (see his own post in DoT section).
    Arena PvP is a joke, and no different than a rep grind in terms of the skill it requires. And what I wrote is 100% accurate regardless.

Death Coil is a Terror effect, but it's also only 3 seconds long.

For the Original post to be in any way accurate the fight would have had to have lasted for 2 minutes after the Paladin died with significant lulls in combat, and either protagonist taking that long to finish the other is a poor show in anycase.

3 second at 150% of your speed. it's quite enough to send you far away.
    Plus he took a fear under sprint: 150% speed, added to the 150% of the sprint.
    So what you said was 100% inacurate:
    You wrote that you need 30 seconds out of fight for dimnishing return to reset: wrong. it is 30 second in or out of combat, but without being victim of the same magic. Oh yeah: and he AE instant fear of the affli warlock was also terror, so he was in that case using 2 separate line of spells, with 2 seperate diminishing returns.
    What was described is possible, even in arena (Not that exact sequence, and maybe the original poster exagerates, but warlock are known to be able to CC with fea for quite a long time).

also: What the warrlod did, WAS fear kitting, of a kind. The victim was running with under the various fear/terror effect, while being dot'ed

The lull in the combat: well yeah of course, when a fear send a rogue at the other end of the arena, it takes awhile to come back ... so hee are Lulls... duh!

Fal, as the post before urs says, 30sec cd on diminishing return which is definitly something that can happen in an arena, some fights can last surprisingly long. Arenas pvp isnt a joke, grabbing bases and wait till it fills point is. The smaller the arena the more it relies on skills and gear (in that order) even if some classes are more gear dependent, the difference isn't as bad as back in the 60's days.
    I play a lock, and I have fear chained guys from the beginning of an arena to the end, sometimes fearing the same person 4-5 times, it's not that hard, you just have to know what you're doing.

I've had fear reset on my before (both mine and the fear being cast on me) but both times I was out of combat long enough to mount. When I say out of combat, I don't mean the break in combat that allows you drink, I mean the time from the last spell cast in anger, and it IS 30 seconds from that point.

There are still more than 6 fears and a DC in a window that can not be more than 30 - 40 seconds, and worse still, I see the words 'melee range' without seeing the words, 'kick' or 'stun', so by the sounds of things the OP was asking to get his ass handed to him.

Using terrain to manipulate a fight and also fighting repeatedly for something is of more interest to me than playing in the same enclosed environment over and over, its just my preference, but I also find not having a group to rely on is far more challenging.

Falgorn, listen to what your friend Juju tells you, because you are SOOOOO wrong.

It takes only 6 seconds to get out of combat and mount.
    By alternating different kind of fear, a bit of kitting, and if you are tiny of luck (the guy running at the other end of the world), you can kitte/fear for ever.
    You can only Kick in melee range, and Kick has a CD, and Kicks cannot interrupt instants.
    Stun require to be either camo, or to have combo points.
    The rogue used garrot whish is basically the same that the opening stun, as it silences you 3 seconds.

That you don't like arena, ok, it is your right, no problem with that.

But your advice on things you know wothing about... oohhh pwwwlleeeeasse spare us that
    Do us a service and go back farming low levels at hallaa

2 of the six could have been instant, but thats still leaves 4 fears inside a window that can not account for a long enough break in combat to reset DR.

And does gouge require combo points and stealth now too?

I never said anything about how long it takes to get out of combat and mount / drink, I said what I've said all along, that the last fear cast will result in a 30 second timer before resets. There was no 30 second timer above so at least 1 - 2 of the OP's fears were BS, and 1 of them was for a max of 5 seconds.

Regardless, they should have sheaped one and nuked the other but thats beside the point.

AGAIN!

to Kick and/or Gouge you have to be in CAC range. so:
    Fear instant >>> guy run far, far away, and you DoT him.... he starts to come back>>> non instant far before he is close enough to kick. and thus he fun never stops!

Do you even play a warlock??

oh yeah: and you have to be free of DoT and out of combat to camo.

Camo = stealth I take it (are you from a French server? is that what they call it?)
    To Fal: yea, w/e, if you don't like arenas, it's your choice, and I respect it, I used to not like pve and now I must admit I do enjoy quite a lot of the end game content.
    Anyways, locks have the best pvp cc system if they know what they're doing, not saying some rogues can't beat them, but they're not allowed to maked timing mistakes... If you don't believe me , fine, then you don't. But I'm pretty sure that I'm right none the less (I played a rogue, that I lvl'd to 70 before leaving it in a dusty corner) so I have some notion of what they can do and how to do it and I play a warlock, so I know what the best choices for both these classes are when fighting each other, and a equally skilled lock should be abler to beat a equally skilled rogue (right pet out and all) unless one makes a mistake at some point, hence my first comment to the origninal post: "you've met your match".

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyz
    AGAIN!

to Kick and/or Gouge you have to be in CAC range. so:
    Fear instant >>> guy run far, far away, and you DoT him.... he starts to come back>>> non instant far before he is close enough to kick. and thus he fun never stops!

Do you even play a warlock??

oh yeah: and you have to be free of DoT and out of combat to camo.
    The range of fear is short enough that a person running at you can interupt you before it casts. Its a tight margin, but most good rogues know when to start mashing the keyboard, and one gouge /kick is all it takes. Regardless, as I pointed out, it's impossible for the series of events set out to have happened as I already explained to you. Sure the instant fears could have sent him running, but the cast ones are a differnt story.

Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    Camo = stealth I take it (are you from a French server? is that what they call it?)
    To Fal: yea, w/e, if you don't like arenas, it's your choice, and I respect it, I used to not like pve and now I must admit I do enjoy quite a lot of the end game content.
    Anyways, locks have the best pvp cc system if they know what they're doing, not saying some rogues can't beat them, but they're not allowed to maked timing mistakes... If you don't believe me , fine, then you don't. But I'm pretty sure that I'm right none the less (I played a rogue, that I lvl'd to 70 before leaving it in a dusty corner) so I have some notion of what they can do and how to do it and I play a warlock, so I know what the best choices for both these classes are when fighting each other, and a equally skilled lock should be abler to beat a equally skilled rogue (right pet out and all) unless one makes a mistake at some point, hence my first comment to the origninal post: "you've met your match".
    Agree with everything you have said, I only entered into debate because I believe the OP was exagerating, and even at a minor exageration the series of events are exceptionally rare. I find that Rogues tend to whine a lot about Warlocks so I tend to rebuke such whines with vehemence.

All the same, Rogues are a tough fight for a lock, esp if you are alliance but thats how it is. As for arena, my two runs at it were with a 5v5 consisting of Warlocks and shadow priests and as my Paladin grouped with a Warrior. The 2v2 on my paladin was frustrating as I focused on healing, and couldnt output damage to save my life. had more problems with mages / rogues than locks tbh. My 5 v 5 team owned everything we played against, but I found this boring and unchallenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn

My 5 v 5 team owned everything we played against, but I found this boring and unchallenging.
    [/quote]

Arenas are easy up to a point, then it gets really challenging, you should have stuck with it, it ends up being much more fun than BG's when you get a bit high up there, no to mention people's gear is getting better making it more and more tricky in some cases

explain to me why i would make a post about being feared so many times when it couldnt of happened ???

i belive it did happen... thats why i made a post about it.

i dont know much about warlocks except they are softer then warriors and pallys and love to FEAR!!!!! but have alot more HP then most MAGES ....

the only class i have fully played endgame is a rogue....

i enjoy my rogue and would wish to never play any other class...

YES I was feared back and forth. once CD's are down on a rogue we have nothing against alot of classes that have instant casts and abulitys that dont have a long CD timer

like fear or slowing affects.

i wasnt crying or saying nurf any class... i got the anwser i was looking for

when i had sprint up and was feared he kited me out of Combat long enough to fear 3 more times...

thanks for the info's

its fair or not fair i cant change it only blizz can.

if you look my toon up on the armory you will see i do have good gear.
    and am as pvp spec as a rogue can be with out using tooth picks for wepons.

To previous post:

Well I must say fear can be a bitch sometimes, allthough I must say it seems the warlock combined both skill and luck in this fight against you. Thanks to diminishing returns he should not have been able to chain fear you more than 2, maybe 3, times so he must have hit a streak of luck when fearing you around like a scared bunny

I know it might be to late, but next time facing a lock in a situation like this I would suggest you use pillars etc to hide, bandage, restealth if possible - remember line of sight is your friend when facing enemies relying on it to take advantage.

And as it might be appropriate, better luck next time.
    Mantisen.
    70 Dranei Shaman - Grim Batol (EU - Engrish!)