Page 1 of 2
LastLast

TK and SSC attunements removed.

Originally Posted by Tigole
    After a lot of thought and deliberation, we’ve decided to remove the attunement requirements to enter Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep: The Eye. While many of our attunements in the Burning Crusade have been good progression checks, a few of the attunements have turned out to cause unnecessary stress on guilds either doing the content or attempting to do the content. With Black Temple and Battle for Mount Hyjal thriving, we want to encourage (rather than prevent) new guilds and raid groups to attempt Serpentshrine and TK. We are going to leave the current attunement quests in the game so that players can still engage in the challenge and the lore of those quests should they choose to. At a later point, we are considering adding a final reward step to those quests as well (that way those who have already completed them would not miss out on a *new* reward).

We’re listening to feedback from you guys constantly and your opinions are important to us. We want this game to be the best possible MMO experience for our players.

Enjoy Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep =)
    Source

Re: TK and SSC attunements removed.

welcome to the world of casualcraft!

I take it this is another attempt to speed up pve progress. Probably a result of S2 gear not matching up with the average guild's raiding progress. Ah well. Can't say it makes a real difference. If you were too inept to do the simple heroics required for the attunements, then good luck actually doing the bosses.

Does help with alts, however.

Improvement.

Well i did NOT see this coming.

T5 shoulders for all!

Hehe seriously though my ex-guild just completed a massive stressful week of solid heroic farming to get everyone attuned to kill void reaver and start the eye (did that yesterday) and now this.....Thats some god awful timing for them >.<

INC Dozens of threads in the next week about SSC and TK being too difficult for the casual raider...

WoW truely is now just Waiting for Warhammer.

Attunement quests are lame time sinks. This change does not mean "casuals" will be able to just run in and get theri Teir 5.

This game is "suppose" to be fun, not tedium running around doing instances to get into one that has no relation to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by tarutaru
    or you could've done Waiting ON Warhammer... at least that would've made sense

Also breaking any links heroics had with raids means that heroics don't nessicarly have to be an inbatween, in terms of progression now.
    Since they are own their own and no "attunment" is linked to them anymore, maybe Blizzard can take heroics in another direction in terms of difficulty and rewards.
    You know, since pretty much every blue item in heroics suck.

flammable

People who view this as a backstab to all their hardwork should reconsider and take a moment to look at the whole attunement process in general.

Attunements restrict people based on their guilds progress. At least before TBC you could join a higher raiding guild and worry only about a simple quest to get attuned to an instance, now however you are held back by your own guilds progress.

Overall though this is good news for guilds like mine where we have serious hardcore players and also complete and utter 1 day a week slackers (we are desperate for healers). Now we can go into TK and get void reaver loot.

Quote Originally Posted by sooprcow
    Quote Originally Posted by tarutaru
    or you could've done Waiting ON Warhammer... at least that would've made sense
    Lol

Apparently I need to go back to grade school and learn me some prepositions, considering that "for" was the first to come to mind ><

Ooh thank you blizzard <3 now i can slack more at OG <3

Change it to Waiting On Warhammer and you'll be right then :

And on a more serious note, I'm glad that the attunements have been removed as the casual players in the guild will no longer hold back the more hardcore palyers.

hey guys where are these forums people complain on and blizzard looks at? because i want to make 70 screen names and complain how UNDER powered hunters are. If you guys really want to fix something how about you make it so a 3.5 sec cast aim shot hits for more than 1k, when my arcane and multishots which are instant and .5 sec cast hit for over 2-3k. Its not a gear factor either im wearing 4/5 tier 4. Especially when a 3 sec fireball cast on a well geared mage is guarenteed to hit for 3-5k.

Quote Originally Posted by automator
    hey guys where are these forums people complain on and blizzard looks at? because i want to make 70 screen names and complain how UNDER powered hunters are. If you guys really want to fix something how about you make it so a 3.5 sec cast aim shot hits for more than 1k, when my arcane and multishots which are instant and .5 sec cast hit for over 2-3k. Its not a gear factor either im wearing 4/5 tier 4. Especially when a 3 sec fireball cast on a well geared mage is guarenteed to hit for 3-5k.

It's called mail armor and a pet...you want a pally bubble too? how bout some more instants?

I am sure that many guilds like mine were feeling the frustration from having guildmates that don't play that often but are dearly needed. This cuts some of the time out so that when they are available, the guild can move ahead as a group, instead of spending weeks and months trying to get some key people attuned for this and that.

Now if a guild isn't properly geared and runs up into TK / SSC then they will be spanked and come to realize that they need to spend more time doing heroics and Kara. Just because a door is open, doesn't mean at all that guilds will be able to walk on through and clear the place. The guilds that put in the hard work are the ones that are clearing these instances and will consider this a moot point. My guild is small, and this will help cut the needed time to get to do SSC & The Eye, but we won't step foot in there until we feel we are ready as a group.

DaPoets
    70 Druid
    Druid 1/33/27
    Chillin on one of my Netherdrakes.

Even tho, im a GM of a guild currently trying to get people attuned for SSC, i think this move is completely out of hand with everything wow stands for. There have been attunement since onyxia, by removing them from one day to another is just gonna cause more trouble with noob players than it solves.

Yes attunement is anoying and yes it might be a time sink, but at least it divide people eager to progress from people who just plays for free epics. The last have nothing to do in a raiding guild, they can do pvp in my opinion.

Funny, let's see:

MC: 1 BRD run (u don't even have to complete it)
    BWL: 1 UBRS run
    TAQ: No attunement
    Naxx: Resources which takes no skill but some grind.

Heck, you can walk in Gruul's Lair/Magtheridon at lv 65, I don't see nobody complain about that.

And suddenly hard attunement quest chain = everything wow stand for?

Game content are made so people can play them (btw just a reminder casuals pay just as much as you hardcores do), not for those of you who lack a reality check to flex your epeen and feel good about yourself.

You guys don't need Warhammer, you need some self-esteem.

my main concern will be the 5 or 6 corpse runs needed in order to enter SSC with 10 ally guilds in front of it, nice waste of time.

Moreover, we already faced some problems with SSC because of mob data loading, we may now discover that 20 instances running at the same time will greatly affect the server performance (being on a first generation european server is often a problem ).

Concerning the free access, Blizzard finally realized that Arena2 weapons were totally unbalanced with the pve advancement of most guilds. Of course opening the gate will not mean getting the lovely purplz for all these new guilds, but thanks to this Blizzard cannot be charged with "unbalanced pve/pvp weapon itemization".

Best wishes to all fresh guilds going to SSC this week, but if you don't actually have gruul or even magtheridon on farms status, please don't complain on SSC difficulty.

SSC quest was fine, Eye pre-q was just exadurating... No real gearcheck, just delaying