Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The most powerful enemies in WoW

Since someone somewhere always seems to ask ...
    here is a list.

NOTE: This list only includes Lore characters - and the most powerful at that... any others fall under these.

THE MOST POWERFUL (And probably evil) VILLIANS LEFT ALIVE IN WOW:

1. Sargeras
    Why?: Former champion of the Titans, whose purpose was to seek out and destroy all evil in the world. But seeing so much evil he soon believe it could never be defeated. As doubt and despair overwhelmed Sargeras' senses, he lost all faith not only in his mission, but also in the Titans' vision of an ordered universe. Eventually he came to believe that the concept of order itself was folly, and that chaos and depravity were the only absolutes within the dark, lonely universe. As leader of the Burning Crusade he has devastated countless worlds and brought many species of demon and other under his command. While he has been banished from the physicial world temporarily, you can be sure one day we'll have to deal with this guy. And how does one kill a god?

2. Lich King Ner'zhul (now in Arthas's body)
    Why?: I'm sure this will cause some controversy, but this is how I see it.
    Though Ner'zhul was broken and his soul bound by Kil'jaeden, the Orc Shaman was given unlimited power by burning legion in hopes he would use the scourge as another wing of the burning crusades massive armies. However, Ner'zhul had his own plans. Over the course of Warcraft III, he managed to trick Kil'jaeden, corrupt most of Azeroth (the continent), and ward off all attacks by Illidan (who was working for Kil'jaeden) - finally concluding with the defeat of Illidan at the hands of Arthas, his campion and now "occupied body". I would assume the combining of these two has created a creature so powerful, that I would hestitate to put anyone but the Dark Titan himself before them. The point is even more valid in that Kil'jaeden realzing he could no longer control Ner'zhul had to get a new pawn in the form of Illidan.

3. Kil'jaeden the Deciever
    Why?: One of the two Eredar generals of Sargeras's army, and his most loyal follower, Kil'jaeden is the de facto leader of the Burning Crusade. The tactical mind behind the demon army, he has led the corruption of countless races and people, including the Orcs and Illidan Stormrage.

4. The Old Gods
    Why?: Somewhere beneath the surface of Azeroth the remaining old gods (2-3 left according to WoWwiki) wait. With the power to take on the dragonflights and even provide a challange for the Titans, the Old Gods have countless tricks and strategies to one day retake the world. According to the Shifting Sands questline, Malfurion hints that an Old God has taken residence in the Emerald Dream and that perhaps one is located in the Maelstrom. Who knows what forms these creatures will take.

5. Deathwing (formerly Neltharion)
    Why?: Leader of the black dragon flight and father to countless lesser evils (see Nefarion, Onyxia, etc), he was driven insane by the Old Gods. In his time he has posed as a human many times, once to cause the downfall of the Alliance of Lordaeron. In fact he became so powerful that it took all the dragonflights to defeat him. Though his wareabouts are unknown, it has been hinted by the other Black dragons (especially by the one who flys in to the dragonmaw basecamp now and again) that he has returned, this time with a new plan to defeat the other flights and seek vengeance on the world.

Re: The most powerful enemies in WoW

List looks pretty good, I'd throw in all the dragon aspects personally, Metzen once said that Arthas is currently THE most powerful being in Azeroth currently, which means he's even more powerful then the dragon aspects (doubt Deathwing counts, he's nowhere to be found even though we know he's alive)

Sargeras is currently out of body.. so I don't know if he actually counts, Kil'jaeden has to be extremely powerful because even Illidan fears him enough to run from him.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Arthas stronger then the Old Gods? Nah..

In many references it speaks of how because of them being chained beneath the earth for so long, they have lost much of their power, and that is how C'thun is able to be defeated so easily.

I do believe the new Lich King could take on an Old God, in warcraft 3 we saw normal Arthas and Anub'arak fighting off hundreds of minions of old gods (Forgotten Ones) and even an avatar of one itself, not to mention now he is combined with a being that has telepathic reach all over Azeroth and the ability to resurrect whole legions as undead..

1. Sargeras
    Why?: Former champion of the Titans, whose purpose was to seek out and destroy all evil in the world. But seeing so much evil he soon believe it could never be defeated. As doubt and despair overwhelmed Sargeras' senses, he lost all faith not only in his mission, but also in the Titans' vision of an ordered universe. Eventually he came to believe that the concept of order itself was folly, and that chaos and depravity were the only absolutes within the dark, lonely universe. As leader of the Burning Crusade he has devastated countless worlds and brought many species of demon and other under his command. While he has been banished from the physicial world temporarily, you can be sure one day we'll have to deal with this guy. And how does one kill a god?
    He's been killed once before, by Aegwynn, and she buried his body deep in a tomb near the Maelstrom, all thats left now is his spirit.

Most powerful ? Easy. Sargeras spirit using Arthas body under the orders of Kil'jaeden.

Actually if I remember correctly... Aegwyn did "kill" Sargeras but only in that he tricked her and took "residence" inside her unborn child Medivh. So when he was born, and medivh grew to become the powerful protector of Azeroth that he did, he took over his body and used it to contact Ner'zhul and Gul'dan to begin the whole warcraft series... as it were. Only when Khadgar killed Medivh was Sargeras banished without a body..
    but he's still around and still pissed off.

Boub hate to burst your Bouble but Sargeras wouldn't take orders from his own General lol

1 Sargeras allowed Medivh's mother to destroy his physical form to inhabbit her soul and corrupt her, then moved into her new born son's soul and made him open the dark portal leading to the 1st orc invasion.
    2 Deathwing was not more powerfull than the other aspects, they were just weakened at the time because they had put their powers in the demon soul, the demon soul is now destroyed and all the aspects are all as powerfull (in they own ways) as one another.
    3 kil jaden is badass indeed, it would take much more to bring him down than to kill Illidan who got his ass kicked by Arthas even before he fused with the Lich King, the two later now are one entity possibly as powerfull as a god.

As to answer how to kill Sageras, in game, you would probably have to survive him and bring him down to some percentage of life then the new titan's champion would have to step in to finish him off since I don't see how mortals could do that... (even though if he bleeds, then he can die, and he does, ask Brox (war of the ancient))

This all can be found in wowwiki under the different vilain's names and links within the articles.

hope it helps a bit clarify, if it doesn't... a lot of this has been discussed in this forum under Northrend and Deathwing posts.
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Titans, anyone ?

btw i think theres gonna be a BIG Sargeras Revival and im rdy to party when it hapens !!

To really screw up lore yet add a new dimension to it.... I'd love Arthas to raise Illidan from the dead as one of his minions. If Illidan had the choice he would probably go for it for 2 reasons. Power and knowledge. Power because he'd be a high ranking officer in the ranks. Knowledge due to the fact he would work with a man even the legion could not stop let alone himself...
    (Most likely it'll be a case of the brother's stormrage will be in the emerald dream together.)

So to add to the Arthas being one of the most powerful you can add in the powers of his underlings. Each one add's more to his power depending on theirs.

being all powerful means little if your surrounded by glass soldiers.

I agree with the previous. Often in WoW the power of someone is noàt so much measured by the power of that individual alone, but of all the forces he commands, whihc makes complete sense if you ask me. Same goes in LOTR, WC3 stories etc. Of course in game the big bad Boss is tough, but his real power is in his army, which I wish was something they did a bit more (MORE INVASIONS PLZ, WITH OFFICERS TO KILL)

Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    I agree with the previous. Often in WoW the power of someone is noàt so much measured by the power of that individual alone, but of all the forces he commands, whihc makes complete sense if you ask me. Same goes in LOTR, WC3 stories etc. Of course in game the big bad Boss is tough, but his real power is in his army, which I wish was something they did a bit more (MORE INVASIONS PLZ, WITH OFFICERS TO KILL)
    totaly agree

You should make a list of the strongest good guys too like naru and stuff.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zaider
    You should make a list of the strongest good guys too like naru and stuff.
    The naaru are evil. It is pretty obvious.

Yea Naruu are evil as hell (pun?), I saw a Naruu make an old lady cross the road right before of a Tauren riding a armored kodo once... wasn't pretty lemme tell you that...

titans

http://www.wowwiki.com/Aman%27Thul IMAGINE IF HE WAS CORRUPTED !

Ragnaros
    Onyxia
    Neferian
    C'Thun
    Hakkar
    Kel'Thuzad
    Gruul the Dragonkiller
    Magtheradon
    Lady Vashj
    Kael'Thalas Sunstrider
    Illidan Stormrage

ok these are the bosses in every instance the last one's you face, as you all well know!

Now i think if you pit them against one another it would be an interesting fight, now since Ragnaros and Onyxia are on the same level i'l pit those 2 against one another first, Ony has the ability to fly in the air so if rag got her to phase 2 then she'd fly up, summon her whelps and continue to attack rag, however! Ragnaros should not be underestimated, he can more than likley shoot her in the air, so she'll still take alot of damage, so forcing her to land in phase 3 if he gets that far, now Rag is a fire elemental so its likley he'll resist(immune) all her fire attacks, she she'll be best to melee him and use tail whip on his adds as well as the quake she can use.

unfortunatly however with Ragnaros being a fire elemental and Ony using fire attacks such as deep breath, i think she will have a hard time bringing Ragnaros down and Ony would fall, so Ragnaros would more than likley be more powerful.
    that is assuming btw that Onyxia does not have some hidden abilities like shadow attacks etc, but since most black dragonflight apart from Nef use Fire, then i think Onyxia would be in trouble here.

Gruul the Dragonkiller vs Hakkar
    Neferian vs C'Thun
    Kel'Thuzad vs Magtheradon
    Lady Vashj vs Keal'Thalas Sunstrider
    Illidan Stormrage vs (who ever comes out on top above the rest)

I havent put these in an order of power or ability but just int he order of what comes next really

I didnt include anything from Zul'Aman lets exclude that for the moment!
    Zul'Jin however taking on the aspects of his lesser gods i think would kick Hakars butt, but lets leave him out for the moment!
    /discuss.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Hehe entertaining

Correct me if I'm wrong but Rag being a fire elemental (fire dmg) wouldn't do that much dmg to Ony whereas he would take her full physical dmg, no?

this is true but dont forget ony isnt resistant to FR damage and rag will no doubt spawn his adds to physically attack ony, she cant kill them all at once!

depending on who hits harder a physical fight would be interesting to say the least