5v5 Combinations and synergies

Hi guys I am an MS warrior and the pool of available players in the 5v5 team is as follows:

MS Warrior (me)
    Frost Mage
    Resto Shaman
    2x UA Locks
    Shadow Priest
    Holy Priest
    Paladin (holy)
    Rogue
    DPS Druid

We played yesterday the combo of:

MS Warrior (Mace Spec)
    Frost Mage
    Shadow Priest
    Holy Priest
    Resto Shaman

We are curently 1.8k rating we didnt do bad but games lost were either against teams with 2.2+ k rating or we did some dramatic mistakes which we of course realised, meaning that they can be corrected.

Besides all of this, I would like to ask more experienced teams- out of the above pool of players which would be the best combo?

Another question is that we have also invited a very well geared rogue into the team but have really no idea under which combination he would fit more so that there are more Team synergies.

Also, under which combo would a palli fit better you think? From my personal experience, Priests did a very good job in terms of their own survivability, healing and dispelling and was under impression that they are more effective than the Palli.

What do you think guys?

Thank you

Re: 5v5 Combinations and synergies

Since i play a MS warr i can only tell you that it all depends which teams you face. You currently run a 3 DPS team setup which is ok if you can keep your priests alive and mana burning.

From the availible player pool you have to decide which kind of tactic you wanna run with, do you wanna go for the mana war (which would have more sense since you run a 3dps setup) or do you wanna try and burst down one player while their healers are getting cc-ed.

For the mana war it would be better to swap the SP for the lock, the lock and the mage do their cc routine while the lock is also on mana burn duty as well as the priest. This works well against other 3 dps teams but when you face a 4dps setup it's all about CC and trying to survive the intial burst of which you as the warr will be the most likely target.

As for the rogue i can only say that as much as they FEEL usefull i can't say that they are a part of a good balanced 5v5 setup. We have a rogue in our team and it always feels as though we are lacking something when he is playing.

You got a good combination players in your team it all comes down to what kind of strategy you wanna run really.

Sounds like you have healing covered swap out the shadow priest for dps druid for more buffs

MS warr
    Frostmage
    Holy Priest
    Pally
    Lock

Typical all around good team. You can play the outlast and mana burn strat with this group.
    Or go with

MS warr
    Resto Shammy
    Shadow priest
    Lock
    Frost mage

For a burn/cc team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironic
    Since i play a MS warr i can only tell you that it all depends which teams you face. You currently run a 3 DPS team setup which is ok if you can keep your priests alive and mana burning.

From the availible player pool you have to decide which kind of tactic you wanna run with, do you wanna go for the mana war (which would have more sense since you run a 3dps setup) or do you wanna try and burst down one player while their healers are getting cc-ed.

For the mana war it would be better to swap the SP for the lock, the lock and the mage do their cc routine while the lock is also on mana burn duty as well as the priest. This works well against other 3 dps teams but when you face a 4dps setup it's all about CC and trying to survive the intial burst of which you as the warr will be the most likely target.

As for the rogue i can only say that as much as they FEEL usefull i can't say that they are a part of a good balanced 5v5 setup. We have a rogue in our team and it always feels as though we are lacking something when he is playing.

You got a good combination players in your team it all comes down to what kind of strategy you wanna run really.
    Or maybe the rogue you play with is just lacking.

Rogues are great healer beaters.
    and then he cupped my balls...

every combination has a shot at high scoring if well played... being that i'm on a team playing bm-hunter,frostmage(me),combat-rouge, hpriest and hpala i can say that against any good team you'll find your rouge being controlled and taken out of the fight for most of the time. rouges CAN piss healers off, but in my opinion using one slot to control one opponent-slot is far from being efficient....