Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Something about Warlocks

Actually, I couldnt disagree with YOU more! Not every class should be balanced. If thats the case, then youll have everyone running around being water downed clones of eachother. Every class should have unique properties as well as different situational advantages. With your thinking, then we should all have the ability to heal, decurse, dot, nuke, tank and vanish. Sounds like a fun game to me.....

Differences in the classes is what makes this a team game. Everyone has their time and place, even boomkin....

So stop whining and get over it. If you don't like it, take the time to roll a Lock. Afterall its a real easy class to level.

Gorillas of Mal'Ganis
    Ilpadrino - 70 DoT Lock
    Elpadrino - 70 Healin Tree
    Lucabrasi - 70 Fire Mage
    Get down on your knees and smile like a doughnut!

Quote Originally Posted by ilpadrino
    Differences in the classes is what makes this a team game. Everyone has their time and place, even boomkin....
    boomkins have a place somewhere !?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Durahal
    boomkins have a place somewhere !?!?!?!?!
    Yep, on a realm with 24 ppl on it. :]

yeah, i hope all you people won´t forgot the older times, where no one complaints about warlocks and nearly everything could beat it. that was more the balance YOU NEED, right?

oh, and mostly forgotten, preBC and UA grouppvp was also tons of fun.

dot -> 1,5 gcd, 1,5 more sec until first damage arrived, cleanse/dispel

broing? yeah.

wtb such a possibility for any meele class. it´s so easy to guess which talents the warlock took. having felguard - no ua. going for shadowfury somewhere - no ua.

why do all people think that warlock is the only class to choose 41/41/41?

Quote Originally Posted by Komthar
    yeah, i hope all you people won´t forgot the older times, where no one complaints about warlocks and nearly everything could beat it. that was more the balance YOU NEED, right?

oh, and mostly forgotten, preBC and UA grouppvp was also tons of fun.

broing? yeah.

wtb such a possibility for any meele class. it´s so easy to guess which talents the warlock took. having felguard - no ua. going for shadowfury somewhere - no ua.

why do all people think that warlock is the only class to choose 41/41/41?
    I do remember, I was a lock already, they literaly went from scrubs to gods, which, if u ask me, was sad. My lock just hasn't given me the chalenge from playing it since that day: too easy kills the game. luckely, it was not my only char, but it went from main to alt...
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Actually, I couldnt disagree with YOU more! Not every class should be balanced. If thats the case, then youll have everyone running around being water downed clones of eachother. Every class should have unique properties as well as different situational advantages. With your thinking, then we should all have the ability to heal, decurse, dot, nuke, tank and vanish. Sounds like a fun game to me.....

So stop whining and get over it. If you don't like it, take the time to roll a Lock. Afterall its a real easy class to level.
    Well i dont know if you twist my words to make a statement or if i just didnt make myself clear enough, if thats the case, then my appologise. Atleast i fail to see where i wrote that everyone should have the exact same abilities and so on, i just said that classes should be balanced, that a different thing.

of course every class should be uniqe to play and not every class should have the abillity to heal, tank, CC and the list goes on... but still each class should have some way of countering an enemy, of course there will always be one or more nemesis classes for each player, that will be harder to defeat than others, but still as it is right now, warlocks dont really have any class that beast them with ease, and far too many classes are helpless when facing a lock.

And actually the post you replied to was more about balancing classes between pvp and pve rather than between different classes. And here my oppinion would still be that you cant just take one of these aspects from a class in order to make it totally rule the other, thats just not how its supposed to work.

Try beating a dagger or mace rogue as a warlock. Most of the time i can't even get an instant cast off..... so if you want to talk over powered between classes, thats the worst offense IMHO. Not even having the oppurtunity to cast is total BS and Blizzard really screwed up when they made this a possiblity. I'm tired of people crying over warlocks. If you get melted by a warlock, just know that some rogue out there will return the favor back to us for you. If you nerf warlocks, then they need to nerf stun lock too.
    Gorillas of Mal'Ganis
    Ilpadrino - 70 DoT Lock
    Elpadrino - 70 Healin Tree
    Lucabrasi - 70 Fire Mage
    Get down on your knees and smile like a doughnut!

lots of classes can barely hit a lock once without being feared into oblivion...

Try beating a dagger or mace rogue as a warlock. Most of the time i can't even get an instant cast off..... so if you want to talk over powered between classes, thats the worst offense IMHO. Not even having the oppurtunity to cast is total BS and Blizzard really screwed up when they made this a possiblity. I'm tired of people crying over warlocks. If you get melted by a warlock, just know that some rogue out there will return the favor back to us for you. If you nerf warlocks, then they need to nerf stun lock too.
    and for every rogue that kills you theres a warrior or drood that kills us. so stop QQ'ing.

lvl 70 arena warrior's perspective.

I love dueling. I believe it's an important learning experience anyone who is serious about pvp should have. It teaches you other classes...everything they can do, and everything you can do to counter it. And the bottom line is...no matter how good you play, there is nothing you can do to stop a SL drain life lock - AS A WARRRIOR. I don't accept that any class should be able to beat my by pressing 5 buttons, in basically any order with no particular timing.

I am being a tad extreme when I say nothing, but the options I have to stop a lock from killing me / healing him are as follows:
    - pummel drain life - an exercise in futility, GCD would probably be better spent trying to out dps it
    - intercept stun
    - instant trinket out of deathcoil
    - never be feared

and that is all.

I have 375 resilience...at this point in time, none of those item points are doing anything vs a SL lock. You turn those points into stam / str and I might stand a chance. Might...I would settle for winning only when I get a string of lucky crits, but as is, there is no way a MS warrior will ever beat a SL lock of equal gear. Skill doesn't come into it. None of their dots have cast times, they might put up immolate after the deathcoil, but it doesn't really matter, just another nail in the coffin.

That said, the game is not based around 1v1, but FARKK....I have the best gear possible, and I want (at the very least) the chance to beat every class if I play properly.

Please, prove me wrong.

*COUGH* L2Seduce *COUGH*, if you don't have the right demon out... that's your fault... if you have ur felhunter out... a rogue shouldn't get the jump on you. If you have anything else out... well you're probably farming (Yes, I am implying that the Felguard is only good for that, although you COULD use his intercept ability to stun a rogue and get a deathcoil/fear out...)
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Deleted

Whine/Cry/Whine/Cry. Oh cmon guys. Don't ask Blizz to nerf Locks, because they will nerf Shadow Priest instead (again:P).
    I play as a Shadow Priest, and even after all those nerfs I enjoy him. You're getting beaten by a Lock? You can cry or you can try again and again and again and after you beat him (it IS possible) this victory will be soooooo sweet. I dueled full S2 Gladiator SL Lock yesterday. Lost 1-3. Every duel lasted about 5 min with all CD out from both sides, and with less than 20% life left. I lost 3 games. Won 1. But it was a very very nice feeling. Just practice guys. And practice and practice. Ah, and HAVE FUN of it .

Please stop whining about locks. Its not like that we, warlocks are soo OP and noone simply noone can deafeat us... Its really, really more about skill and gear then class. Oki I agree maybe fear is SOMETIMES Overpowered when it just doesnt break for 12 sec and my dots are ticking but usually it does! Then I can say ¨that was luck! You all can buy yourself PvP trinket... and still Warrior can be immune to fear all the time, rogue can Stunlock me to death or just simply use CoS, Frost mages can Iceblock, clearing all dots and fear, Paladins can buble, Druids.. druids can trinket:P (ok ok maybe druids are really defensles vs. fear if they have cd on trinket..), shamans has tremor, hunters and priest.. hm I dont know If they has something more then trinket but still you can see that most classes can easly break fear. Imho locks arent OP (maybe just because I play one... ) cause every player who has more skill then me can beat me (untill Im not outgearing him totally).
    Just my 5 cents.

a good-balanced nerf would be to have felguard talent in place of soul link (31 points) and soul link in place of felgaurd (41), and an arrow leading from felgaurd to soul link, im sure that most of us know that the only real OP build is 27/34/0